***FINAL SETXSPORTS.COM HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS***

WOSgrad

[CENTER][IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4363/forumbannerl.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][b][i][size=12pt]FINAL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS[/size][/i][/b][/center]

[b][u]5A/4A Poll[/b]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b]Rank    [/b][/td]
[td][b]Team  [/b][/td]
[td][center][b]  Record  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Points  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Prev.  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][b]Next Opponent[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]1[/center][/td]
[td]Port Neches-Groves [9][/td]
[td][center]10-0[/center][/td]
[td][center]90[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #8 Barbers Hill[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]2[/center][/td]
[td]Beaumont West Brook[/td]
[td][center]7-3[/center][/td]
[td][center]81[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. Deer Park[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]3[/center][/td]
[td]Crosby[/td]
[td][center]8-2[/center][/td]
[td][center]66[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. #9 Nederland[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]4[/center][/td]
[td]Dayton[/td]
[td][center]63[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. #10 Vidor[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]5[/center][/td]
[td]Beaumont Central[/td]
[td][center]55[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #6 GC Memorial[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]6[/center][/td]
[td]Goose Creek Memorial[/td]
[td][center]43[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #5 Central[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]7[/center][/td]
[td]Port Arthur Memorial[/td]
[td][center]6-4[/center][/td]
[td][center]39[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. LaPorte[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]8[/center][/td]
[td]Barbers Hill[/td]
[td][center]5-5[/center][/td]
[td][center]27[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #1 PN-G[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]9[/center][/td]
[td]Nederland[/td]
[td][center]5-5[/center][/td]
[td][center]18[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. #3 Crosby[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]10[/center][/td]
[td]Vidor[/td]
[td][center]13[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. #4 Dayton[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[b][u]3A/2A/1A/Privates Poll[/u][/b]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b]Rank    [/b][/td]
[td][b]Team  [/b][/td]
[td][center][b]  Record  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Points  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Prev.  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][b]Next Opponent[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Kirbyville [3]    [/td]
[td][center]82[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. Corrigan-Camden[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jasper [4][/td]
[td][center]78[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. Gilmer[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Newton[/td]
[td][center]9-1[/center][/td]
[td][center]70[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 12 vs. Buffalo[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Silsbee [2][/td]
[td][center]6-4[/center][/td]
[td][center]67[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 14 vs. Huffman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cleveland[/td]
[td][center]9-1[/center][/td]
[td][center]56[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #10 Bridge City[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]West Orange-Stark[/td]
[td][center]52[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #8 Coldspring[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Evadale[/td]
[td][center]10-0[/center][/td]
[td][center]27[/center][/td]
[td]Area[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Coldspring[/td]
[td][center]26[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #6 WO-S[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]East Chambers[/td]
[td][center]21[/center][/td]
[td]Area[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Bridge City[/td]
[td][center]15[/center][/td]
[td]Nov. 13 vs. #5 Cleveland[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
   Also receiving votes:  New Waverly 1

First let me say that even for all of my posts about rankings the only one that I was ever really serious about was ro try to get the powers that be to make one more division in this poll so that 3A and 2A were separated from 1A and private.

Can Evadale be Kirbyville, Newton or Silsbee? It would not be a really good bet to go for the Rebels or any 1A or private school for that matter against those schools or any in the 3A-Private poll, But I make this arguement one final time. A 1A team all be it my beloved Rebels completed a perfect regular season. They defeated all comers who the faced and if you can believe it they were behind for a total of 3:21 to any team all season long. They were tied on a couple of occasions, but only behind for 3:21, that impressive you have to admit. They shut out five teams in ten games. They allowed 53 points the entire season. Only 25 in six district games (I did not count the forfeit game in these totals except the victory).

With all that said the only 1A or private school team with one of only two perfect 10-0 seasons is number 7 in the final poll. Consider that this might be the best (I know many might debate the point) team in 1A in many years. Do you think that another team will ever put up a more impressive resume that would allow them to rise above #7.

The arguement was that there are not enough teams in the 1A-Private divisions with 8 from 23A, 4 in the TAPPS district that Legacy is in and 4 (I believe) in Kelly's district, Don't you think you could see your way clear to make a 1A-Private top 5 in 2010.

I do enjoy seeing how teams are ranked, but I just believe that no 1A-Private school will ever be good enough to rise in this poll we way that it is presently set up.

Good luck to all the ranked teams and the unranked ones that are heading into the playoffs, bring home some hardware to SETX!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="703243" timestamp="1257833783"]
First let me say that even for all of my posts about rankings the only one that I was ever really serious about was ro try to get the powers that be to make one more division in this poll so that 3A and 2A were separated from 1A and private.

Can Evadale be Kirbyville, Newton or Silsbee? It would not be a really good bet to go for the Rebels or any 1A or private school for that matter against those schools or any in the 3A-Private poll, But I make this arguement one final time. A 1A team all be it my beloved Rebels completed a perfect regular season. They defeated all comers who the faced and if you can believe it they were behind for a total of 3:21 to any team all season long. They were tied on a couple of occasions, but only behind for 3:21, that impressive you have to admit. They shut out five teams in ten games. They allowed 53 points the entire season. Only 25 in six district games (I did not count the forfeit game in these totals except the victory).

With all that said the only 1A or private school team with one of only two perfect 10-0 seasons is number 7 in the final poll. Consider that this might be the best (I know many might debate the point) team in 1A in many years. Do you think that another team will ever put up a more impressive resume that would allow them to rise above #7.

The arguement was that there are not enough teams in the 1A-Private divisions with 8 from 23A, 4 in the TAPPS district that Legacy is in and 4 (I believe) in Kelly's district, Don't you think you could see your way clear to make a 1A-Private top 5 in 2010.

I do enjoy seeing how teams are ranked, but I just believe that no 1A-Private school will ever be good enough to rise in this poll we way that it is presently set up.

Good luck to all the ranked teams and the unranked ones that are heading into the playoffs, bring home some hardware to SETX!
[/quote]

What did you say? Say that again. ;D

BTW, we would only rank Legacy and Kelly due to the fact the other teams in their districts are not in our area. That's the reason for not enough teams.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="703375" timestamp="1257866317"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=62178.msg703243#msg703243 date=1257833783]

[/quote]

BTW, we would only rank Legacy and Kelly due to the fact the other teams in their districts are not in our area. That's the reason for not enough teams.
[/quote]

Are Cleveland, Dayton, Goose Creek and even Jasper (75 miles from Beaumont) really in SETX? What kind of resume would a 1A or private school need to break into even the top 5 of the poll as it stands now?  Just a couple of questions that I have.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="703457" timestamp="1257872392"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=62178.msg703375#msg703375 date=1257866317]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=62178.msg703243#msg703243 date=1257833783]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are Cleveland, Dayton, Goose Creek and even Jasper (75 miles from Beaumont) really in SETX? What kind of resume would a 1A or private school need to break into even the top 5 of the poll as it stands now?  Just a couple of questions that I have.
[/quote]

Yes, those schools we consider in our area.

St. Thomas, St. Pius, Katy Faith and those other private schools we do not consider in our area.

OK Aggie I understand

Could I make another suggestion that might be better recieved?

I saw the first girls basketball ranking today and they break it up 5A-3 and 2A-Private. I would think that might be a better fit. There are more 1A schools in the area than 5A's so if you added the 3A's to the upper poll it would make for a better dispursion of teams.

What are your thoughts on that?

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="703658" timestamp="1257890335"]
OK Aggie I understand

Could I make another suggestion that might be better recieved?

I saw the first girls basketball ranking today and they break it up 5A-3 and 2A-Private. I would think that might be a better fit. There are more 1A schools in the area than 5A's so if you added the 3A's to the upper poll it would make for a better dispursion of teams.

What are your thoughts on that?
[/quote]

I could see that. But, it is what it is. ;)

One final post on the poll Aggie.

For you personally what would it take for you, no one else, to vote for a lower classification school to be ranked #1 in the poll. I am not argueing, pleding or begging. I would just like to know what it would take to get your vote for any small school (not just Evadale) to be the #1 team over the other 2A and 3A schools?

Or in your opinion, could it ever happen?

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="703679" timestamp="1257891429"]
One final post on the poll Aggie.

For you personally what would it take for you, no one else, to vote for a lower classification school to be ranked #1 in the poll. I am not argueing, pleding or begging. I would just like to know what it would take to get your vote for any small school (not just Evadale) to be the #1 team over the other 2A and 3A schools?

Or in your opinion, could it ever happen?
[/quote]

Who's to say that I haven't been voting Evadale way up in the polls, just others have them so low that it doesn't make a difference? There are 10 of us that vote on these polls.

To answer your question, I would vote a 1A very high if I saw significant wins against some quality 1A and 2A schools. In Evadale's case, wins over 3-7 Kountze, 1-9 Deweyville, and 0-8 Legacy doesn't help the cause. If Evadale could have sprinkled some blowout wins in district against Burkville, High Island, and West Hardin, that maybe would have led the pollsters to rank them a bit higher.

Guest checkmate
Good point Aggie...I have been saying it all along in other posts..Evadale plays (in my opinion now,,so please dont call me names Rebel faithful) in one of the weakest districts in the entire state of Texas. For them to be ranked 7th on your poll is a true compliment to them. They have had a great season..but when you consider the competition they faced..it makes you realize they did not exactly have a bruising schedule. Take for example the team they are playing this Friday. Mart is 6-4 but their loses have come against Lovelady, Chilton, Lexington, and Goldwaithe..all very very good teams (ranked teams). If Mart was in 23 1A they may win every game by 60+ points. So records can be very deceiving. I do agree that Yeller has a valid point though...1A probably should be seperate, however; most the 1A teams in this area are all in the same district..so that would be silly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder