SE TEXAS LEADING RUNNING BACKS....(all classes )

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rykerx144" post="697291" timestamp="1257379823"]
[quote author=Thunderlicious link=topic=61804.msg697120#msg697120 date=1257368922]
hey lets drop the kirbyville down to 6 man..i bet he would rush for 4000 yards. Ya cant argue apples and oranges...2a-3a-4a big difference in opposition. You could have a 1A or 2A All State QB who wouldnt even start on alot of todays 4A and 5A teams. stupid post...no way to know. My daddy can beat up your daddy.
[/quote]

I dont think the post said anything about who is the most talented or best running back.  I believe the post is just a comparison of stats for the area.  Thats all!!  So chill out.  Everyone knows that there is a big gap in talent among the classifications.  What happened did you get upset when you saw he had good numbers.  Sounds like you might have been a little more Thunderjealous rather than Thunderlicious!!
[/quote]

Good Post RYKER...My Sentiments Exactly.. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all the folks from outside of this area say that there isn't any talent from around here. With the stats from the top 10 and all the other stats from others postings, all I have to say to the outsiders is shut up !!! Look at all those numbers from these players and tell me their isn't talent around here. I say great job to each and every player regardless of school size or the school !!! Southeast Texas football is the mecca of talent in the state ! Our history proves it, look at all the players who have gone on to play in college and then the pro's. All of us should be applauding these athletes for their efforts and hard work ! you also have to give credit to the other 10 players on the field with these rushing leaders. Without those other players these yards would be nearly impossible to obtain.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="injun" post="697607" timestamp="1257396580"]
The Vidor runners are doing this against anywhere from 7 to 10 defenders in the box against them...
   Now that is very impressive
[/quote]

Yes It Is injun..And A Good Post pngfan66 Lots Of Truth There,Yep It Takes All 11 Players,That's Why They're Called A [b]TEAM...[/b]

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="697120" timestamp="1257368922"]
hey lets drop the kirbyville down to 6 man..i bet he would rush for 4000 yards. Ya cant argue apples and oranges...2a-3a-4a big difference in opposition. You could have a 1A or 2A All State QB who wouldnt even start on alot of todays 4A and 5A teams. stupid post...no way to know. My daddy can beat up your daddy.
[/quote]

This statement cuts the other way too.  There are players at the 2A level that could start at any 5A school in the state.

Overall..sure there is a talent difference.  But to say an outstanding back at a smaller school is not as good/less talented etc than one playing in a larger classification is a fallacy.

There is a reason D1 schools recriut at the lower levels as well.

Saying a 2A all-state QB couldnt start on most 4A or 5A teams is lunacy.

Recent 2A all state QBs are now playing at places like Texas A&M (We Wood, Muleshoe), Kansas State (kid from Mart, dont remember his name) , and the University of Texas (Colt McCoy) Jim Ned.

That last guy..a 2A QB happens to be a Hiesmann frontrunner for a second consecutive year.  Oh..btw in the his final high school game against San Augustine his offense was held to 7 points.  Against that "weak competetion" you are so derisive of.

As far as backs go..a local 2A back went on to play D1 ball last year(Jackson, Kirbyville).  Are you telling me he is good enough to be offered scholarships to Rice, A&M, Baylor, and SMU but not good enough to start on a 4A high school team?

All I know is if I had a kid averaging more than 11 yards a carry, he would get the all more than 121 times. I would make sure he was getting about 20 touches a game. But maybe he is getting some touches receiving...I don't know...I haven't seen Kirbyville play. All I know is those are some pretty good numbers. How did he do against WOS?

Alvarez takes an approach similar to Barbay..pulling the top players by the half (or earlier) when the team is up big.  This allows them to:

1.  Help keep scoring from getting to the unsportsmanlike level
2.  Hold down exposure to injury
3.  Allow player lower on the depth chart to get much needed playing time, speeding up development

That last one is one reason teams like Newton seem to have fewer down years.  The coaching staff is constantly developing the players all through the roster.

[quote name="Rizon" post="697678" timestamp="1257425323"]
All I know is if I had a kid averaging more than 11 yards a carry, he would get the all more than 121 times. I would make sure he was getting about 20 touches a game. But maybe he is getting some touches receiving...I don't know...I haven't seen Kirbyville play. All I know is those are some pretty good numbers. How did he do against WOS?
[/quote]

Alvarez has 3-4 other backs that he rotates in the game every game.  Ford does hit alot of big runs though.

This is what Ford and Co. did against WOS.  Posted all to show how the other back factor into the games.

JaMichael Ervine 10 50 5 0 0
LeFrederick Ford 19 61 3.2 0 1
Caleb Cucancic 12 39 3.3 0 0
Burman Ervine 11 57 5.2 0 0

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Hotrodg" post="697673" timestamp="1257424730"]
[quote author=Thunderlicious link=topic=61804.msg697120#msg697120 date=1257368922]
[/quote]

This statement cuts the other way too.  There are players at the 2A level that could start at any 5A school in the state.

Overall..sure there is a talent difference.  But to say an outstanding back at a smaller school is not as good/less talented etc than one playing in a larger classification is a fallacy.

Recent 2A all state QBs are now playing at places like Texas A&M (We Wood, Muleshoe), Kansas State (kid from Mart, dont remember his name) , and the University of Texas (Colt McCoy) Jim Ned.

That last guy..a 2A QB happens to be a Hiesmann frontrunner for a second consecutive year.  Oh..btw in the his final high school game against San Augustine his offense was held to 7 points.  Against that "weak competetion" you are so derisive of.

As far as backs go..a local 2A back went on to play D1 ball last year(Jackson, Kirbyville).  Are you telling me he is good enough to be offered scholarships to Rice, A&M, Baylor, and SMU but not good enough to start on a 4A high school team?
[/quote]

Best post i've Read Since I've Been On Here....I Agree With You Totally...Going To A 5A School Don't Make You An Outstanding Football Player,No More Than Going To McDonalds Makes You A Hamburger.. ;D

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Lefty99" post="697731" timestamp="1257430620"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=61804.msg697697#msg697697 date=1257427751]
Read Todays BMT. Enterprise...Good Write Up On Ford,And The Colleges Looking At Him...
[/quote]

Don't have one.  Who all is looking at him?
[/quote]

The Ones I Can Remember: Texas, Texas A&m,LSU.,Missouri, Kansas And A Few More I Can't Remember..

[quote name="Hotrodg" post="697673" timestamp="1257424730"]
[/quote]

Recent 2A all state QBs are now playing at places like [b]Texas A&M (We Wood, Muleshoe), [/b] Kansas State (kid from Mart, dont remember his name) , and the University of Texas (Colt McCoy) Jim Ned.

[/quote]

I thought that Wes Wood went to Eastern New Mexico with his cousin Lane Wood/Rb from last yr.

I read he went to A&M to play soccer.

I have no first hand knowledge of the matter.

After further review:

http://www.enmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8200&KEY=&SPID=3099&SPSID=37762

It appears he did in fact go to ENMU.  My apologies what I read was obviously incorrect.

No question a good D1 back can come from a small school.  Likewise, a good back at a small school will have more rushing yards than he would at a big school.  The difference as I see it is, when a good back breaks one at a small school, he is usually the fastest kid on the field and has a long run.  In big schools, there are usually several kids with great speed who can run you down.---JMO

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Hotrodg" post="697797" timestamp="1257434597"]
I read he went to A&M to play soccer.

I have no first hand knowledge of the matter.

After further review:

http://www.enmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8200&KEY=&SPID=3099&SPSID=37762

It appears he did in fact go to ENMU.  My apologies what I read was obviously incorrect.
[/quote]

I believe at the time of the state finals game last year it was announced that he was going to tech but after the season he ended up going to enmu

[quote name="westend1" post="698255" timestamp="1257460209"]
No question a good D1 back can come from a small school.  Likewise, a good back at a small school will have more rushing yards than he would at a big school.  The difference as I see it is, when a good back breaks one at a small school, he is usually the fastest kid on the field and has a long run.  In big schools, there are usually several kids with great speed who can run you down.---JMO
[/quote]

What??? The good 4A and 5A receivers with great speed don't block down field for the running back in 4A and 5A?
A good back is a good back is a good back.
I have been to the state track meet plenty of times and have seen 1A, 2A, 3A times in the sprints and the relays be comparable to the 4A's and 5A's. The major difference at that platform is that the upper classes sprinters most of the time don't play football.
And yes , Newton and Kirbyville could beat most of the 4A's and 5A's in Southeast Texas. IMO

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Independent" post="699034" timestamp="1257535480"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=61804.msg698255#msg698255 date=1257460209]
[/quote]

What??? The good 4A and 5A receivers with great speed don't block down field for the running back in 4A and 5A?
A good back is a good back is a good back.
I have been to the state track meet plenty of times and have seen 1A, 2A, 3A times in the sprints and the relays be comparable to the 4A's and 5A's. The major difference at that platform is that the upper classes sprinters most of the time don't play football.
And yes , Newton and Kirbyville could beat most of the 4A's and 5A's in Southeast Texas. IMO
[/quote]

Finally A Person Who Understands A's Don't Matter,If You Got a Kid In A 2A School,That Has The Same Time In The 100 Yd.Dash As One In A 5A School You Gonna Say The 5A Kid Is Better..The Only Thing Big Schools Have On Small Schools Is Depth,More To Choose From..You Have Better Conditioned Kids IMO At Small Schools Because Lots Of Them Play Both Sides Of The Ball..It's Like Playing 2 Ball Games In 1..And I'll Agree With You On Beating Bigger Schools,All 5 Of Kirbyville's Pre-Season Games Were Against 3A Schools..They Won 3 Out Of 5..(actually they won 4,but I won't go into that)..Kirbyville And Newton Will Give Any 3A Team In SE Texas A Run For Their Money,And A Few Of The 4's and 5's..  You Can Only Play 11 At A Time...Buckle'm On And Let's Go...!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami