4. Kirbyville
5. Beaumont Kelly
6. Anahuac
7. Kountze
8. Deweyville
9. Newton
10. Buna

[quote name="HillGuy" post="695512" timestamp="1257249885"]
I think the list looks good (especially top spot  ;D ), but wonder why K-Park is on the list.  They are 45 min Northwest from BH and WE are on the fringe!  If they are on the list, they should be in #2 or #3 IMO.  They are very good.

Good work on this.
[/quote]
I think maybe the 3rd spot (K-Park). Central has a pretty good squad, only lost 1 senior starter from last years team, and all the returning underclassmen saw alot of time. Not sure what Barbers Hill has but I would really like to start an argument for Central in the number 1 spot, imo. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="695868" timestamp="1257273767"]
Kingwood Park should definitley be in the top 3.  They beat HJ last year and have pretty much everyone back, including a VERY good post player.  Good job Cat22.  Should be a fun season!
[/quote]

They have everyone back (no seniors last year).  They have an all-state fwd (she's really not a post) and a highly ranked soph guard.  Currently ranked 7th in TABC.  Not sure they deserve that ranking, but they are dang good.  My only issue is that they don't seem to belong in the SETX rankings due the vague guidelines for boundaries.  They have zero posters on here and they are a long ways away.  But if they are on the list, they have to be top 3.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="696003" timestamp="1257281144"]
[quote author=CoachKfan link=topic=61779.msg695868#msg695868 date=1257273767]
Kingwood Park should definitley be in the top 3.  They beat HJ last year and have pretty much everyone back, including a VERY good post player.  Good job Cat22.  Should be a fun season!
[/quote]

They have everyone back (no seniors last year).  They have an all-state fwd (she's really not a post) and a highly ranked soph guard.  Currently ranked 7th in TABC.  Not sure they deserve that ranking, but they are dang good.  My only issue is that they don't seem to belong in the SETX rankings due the vague guidelines for boundaries.  They have zero posters on here and they are a long ways away.  But if they are on the list, they have to be top 3.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply and info.

[quote name="jr1979" post="695857" timestamp="1257273331"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=61779.msg695512#msg695512 date=1257249885]
I think the list looks good (especially top spot  ;D ), but wonder why K-Park is on the list.  They are 45 min Northwest from BH and WE are on the fringe!  If they are on the list, they should be in #2 or #3 IMO.  They are very good.

Good work on this.
[/quote]
I think maybe the 3rd spot (K-Park). Central has a pretty good squad, only lost 1 senior starter from last years team, and all the returning underclassmen saw alot of time. Not sure what Barbers Hill has but I would really like to start an argument for Central in the number 1 spot, imo. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Other than that it looks pretty good to me.
[/quote]

Argue away!, but I think all we will have to go on between BH and Central is going to be common opponents, since don't believe we be in the same tourneys.  The two teams played close in fall league but I know BH was missing a couple of VB'rs and stuck to a strict rotation (only 2-3 starters on floor).  Clearly, both are very strong this year though.  Good luck to the Jag's and hope to see 'em in region tourney

[quote name="knows2much" post="703384" timestamp="1257867009"]
Kountze also way to high.  They shouldn't even be on the list.  They lost every girl in the program that's ever worn a varsity uniform.
[/quote]

They may be to high but they didnt loose every girl thats worn a varsity uniform!! Not a smart post.

I know the previous coach at Kountze personally.  I went to several Kountze games last year including all of their playoff games.  A close personal friend of mine has a daughter that goes to school there. He had 8 on varsity.  7 were seniors, and the only junior transferred to central.  Some of the JV players were pulled up to varsity during the playoffs.  But they were basically being managers with uniforms on.  So no....they didn't lose every player that has "literally" worn a varsity uniform.  But they did lose all 8 that ever got to play.  But whatever.  Lets say they are bringing back a few that have suited out.  They lost the entire starting five, including 2 All Region players, 1 of which was All State, and all 7 seniors.  I'd say that's losing enough not to be "ranked" in setx wouldn't you. 

[quote name="flygirl42" post="704850" timestamp="1258035588"]
Kingwood Park is a good team.  However; lost to Ozen last year in YMBL by 14.  Then lost to them again in the playoffs without Ozen's star player.  If they should be in the top three so should Ozen.  I they are not in SETX.
[/quote]

I agree that they probably shouldn't be in the rankings at all, since they aren't really in the SETXSports area.  But disagree entirely with comparing them to last year.  They had no seniors last year, so return everyone, and key players played AAU all summer and much improved.  They absolutely should be ranked top three[size=14pt] IF [/size] they are in the poll.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Ladybucs2012" post="717042" timestamp="1259099865"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=61779.msg695258#msg695258 date=1257216068]
2A/Privates
1. Woodville
2. Evadale
3. East Chambers
4. Kirbyville
5. Beaumont Kelly
6. Anahuac
7. Kountze
8. Deweyville
9. Newton
10. Buna
[/quote]

I think honestly E.Chambers should be infront of Evadale..come on.
[/quote]

This was preseason.  New rankings will be out this week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder