Buna @ Anahuac moved to THURSDAY 11/12!!!

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="694447" timestamp="1257180665"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=61754.msg694436#msg694436 date=1257180332]
Deer season starts Saturday morning and those country boys want to get a head start on getting to the deer lease early Friday.
[/quote]
Yep.
[/quote]

LOL...no doubt!

Just my opinion but Anahuac is playing Kirbyville in the second round unless a miracle happens and Buna is playing Newton unless that same miracle happens.  I am not sure what there is to scout that you already do not know about these teams but I am no expert so any other thought on why it could be moved?  I would play it this week cause if you get a injury you have two weeks to get back to 100% vs a week.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="695425" timestamp="1257222357"]
I can understand moving the game to this Thursday, but not next Thursday. Why do that? What are you really gaining from moving this game back a week?
[/quote]

A few hours of sleep for opening morning (ha).

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="695425" timestamp="1257222357"]
I can understand moving the game to this Thursday, but not next Thursday. Why do that? What are you really gaining from moving this game back a week?
[/quote]

Can they do this?  I mean, do the UIL rules allow this?

[quote name="OldSkool97" post="695488" timestamp="1257228948"]
I think neither team wants to come out flat in the playoffs so they are going to have it next week in order to prevent that. They would probally rather come out flat against one another than in the playoffs. I could be wrong though just my take on it.
[/quote]

I think you may have a good point.  Look at Anahuac.  First game of the year (coming off of a long break), they lost.  Against EC, coming off of a bye, they lost.  So, the coaches are smart for eliminating the bye week prior to the playoffs so they have some momentum going in.  I am not sure how bye's have affected Buna but I am almost certain they don't want a week off before they play Newton. 

Now let's look at the warmup perspective.  Buna and Anahuac both run offenses similar to Kirbyville and Newton, so I think it is smart that the coaches are using this as a warmup/tune up before playing these two teams in the playoffs.  Both Anahuac and Buna are underdogs in the playoffs but this may help.  We shall see!!

[quote name="StangBacker" post="695627" timestamp="1257259924"]
[quote author=OldSkool97 link=topic=61754.msg695488#msg695488 date=1257228948]
I think neither team wants to come out flat in the playoffs so they are going to have it next week in order to prevent that. They would probally rather come out flat against one another than in the playoffs. I could be wrong though just my take on it.
[/quote]

I think you may have a good point.  Look at Anahuac.  First game of the year (coming off of a long break), they lost.  Against EC, coming off of a bye, they lost.  So, the coaches are smart for eliminating the bye week prior to the playoffs so they have some momentum going in.  I am not sure how bye's have affected Buna but I am almost certain they don't want a week off before they play Newton. 

Now let's look at the warmup perspective.  Buna and Anahuac both run offenses similar to Kirbyville and Newton, so I think it is smart that the coaches are using this as a warmup/tune up before playing these two teams in the playoffs.  Both Anahuac and Buna are underdogs in the playoffs but this may help.  We shall see!!
[/quote]

Precisely...+1 for you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont