WOS JR. WHITE VS LUMBERTON JR. WHITE PREDICTION

KDM 2

[quote name="raider44" post="704093" timestamp="1257949675"]
[quote author=land*shark link=topic=61724.msg703900#msg703900 date=1257909720]
[quote author=Stangs92 link=topic=61724.msg703830#msg703830 date=1257906074]
I've had several people tell me that WO-S Junior White  was the most dominant team they have seen in this league. What do u guys think about that?
[/quote]

I agree
[/quote]
I disagree!
[/quote]

Who do you think was most dominant?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard for 9-10 year olds to stay mentally focused when they are losing by 20.  Staying physical is a heck of a task to ask 9-10 year olds when they are being outmatched physically.  [b]IF[/b] I had wings, I could fly.  Yeah, I know it would take some big wings. LOL  [b]IF[/b] ya'll never showed up to the Super Bowl, ya'll would have never been exposed.  LOL  Just picking 44, I am sure we will face some tough teams in Houston @ the King Classic, but as for this area "WE ARE THE BEST".

My hats off to the Junior White coaching staff. Some people say you guys run too tight of a ship. Some even say it's a boot camp. But I have a few observations. #1. I think you guys are the most disciplined group I've ever seen. #2. Your kids are more than prepared for the next level (whether it's football or life). #3. you get the best out of ALL your players. Great job guys.

I agree with Stang 92, if not for the 28 point rule, it would have gotten worst.  @ VNupe, thank you so much for the compliment.  You see alot of people discredit us and say that we just have the most athletes.  Well what they fail to realize is you have to turn those athletes into football players.  I have seen many teams over the years (Lincoln, Ozen, etc) who undoubtedly had the most athletes, but couldn't win a game.  A football player has heart, discipline, and composure, not just speed.  So, once again I say thanks for your observation.  we have the bar set high on our team, and we push those boys to become the best football player that they can be.  My Qb and RB decided to change where they line up on a play, because of the way Lumberton was blitzing.  I was screaming at them that they were lined up wrong.  After the play, which resulted in a TD, they both came to the sideline and explained to me what they had saw, and I had to agree with there adjustment.  That's a football player.  Discipline is the #1 focus on our team.  Teachers and Principles call me before they call the parents.  Myself, and TD visit the school frequently to check on the boys.  Like you said VNupe, we try to give those boys something that they can use in life, not just on the football field.  We tell them all the time, "IF YOU CAN PLAY FOR US, YOU CAN PLAY FOR ANYONE IN AMERICA. LOL 

Amen! I check with either the principal or the assistant every single morning. I take time out to talk to the ones that need talking to if any. Not only that I remind them of the consequences should they decide to get out of line. We aren't just turning boys into football players. We are turning boys into men and good men.

I did the same thing when I head coached last year. It's important to prepare them now. When they get to the 7th grade (on up) you don't want to see a talented kid written off because he has no discipline and he feels no one cares. You guys have good kids and it showed throughout the season. Have to make a case for the 2007 WOS senior team as being the most dominant though. My kid played safety on that team!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D ;D ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder