I think the time has come for......

pngfan1

BCJag while just about everyone was cheering last night at the Rez when they anounced the final score of the Central game, I was disapointed. I wanted to have that undefeated matchup for the title. Also the loss should re-energize and re-focus a good group of Jaguar athletes.

[quote name="Domination Station" post="692468" timestamp="1257008977"]
The fact is if Central beats PNG, the jags are district champs.  PNG fans should stay focused on the goal; winning the district, not just the statistics.  I think Faircloth is right on target.
[/quote]yep, stay focus and give us your best. I really want to see where my jags are. Time to prepare for the playoffs and i think the Indians are the best measuring stick out there at this point. 8)

[quote name="badndn" post="692461" timestamp="1257008545"]
BCJag while just about everyone was cheering last night at the Rez when they anounced the final score of the Central game, I was disapointed. I wanted to have that undefeated matchup for the title. Also the loss should re-energize and re-focus a good group of Jaguar athletes.
[/quote]I was at the Rez last night. Man, i gotta say y'all did it big with that facility. Wow, very very very nice :). I didn't hear the score I must have already left. I had a friend there who was talkng to someone at the game. He told him (my friend) it didn't look good for us. So, that's water under the bridge now. Time to see where we go from here. I know we won't have to ask y'all to bring that A game. i just hope we are ready for it. good luck to both teams after Friday.

That's ok, you're allowed a mistake.  ;D ;D 

BCJag, glad you enjoyed your trip to the reservation.  I am excited everytime I walk into the stadium and look around.  A girl I work with has a step-son that coaches in California.  She went to a game several weeks ago.  When they got home from his  little stadium, she pulled up the pics of Indian Stadium on the internet.  She said he couldn't believe it.

[quote name="sports fan 4ever" post="692500" timestamp="1257010992"]
That's ok, you're allowed a mistake.   ;D ;D 

BCJag, glad you enjoyed your trip to the reservation.  I am excited everytime I walk into the stadium and look around.  A girl I work with has a step-son that coaches in California.  She went to a game several weeks ago.  When they got home from his  little stadium, she pulled up the pics of Indian Stadium on the internet.  She said he couldn't believe it.
[/quote] :D

[quote name="Domination Station" post="692498" timestamp="1257010805"]
[quote author=sports fan 4ever link=topic=61635.msg692486#msg692486 date=1257010293]
Central can win a share of the district title.  They can't win it outright.  It's PNG's outright title to lose.  I don't see it happening.
[/quote]
good point, I missed that.
[/quote]Not that I am predicting this to happen, but if Central wins wouldn't they be in first since the records would be tied and they win head to head?

As an old Indian fan, I see something very clearly that some people have missed! NOBODY outside of "bleed purple" PNG fans understand the bond we all have. A friend from work once said "I went to Port Neches today and I just don't get it."  I asked what he didn't get and he replied "everyone says PN is God's country and I didn't see it".  My response was that "PNG has something that is ingrained in all Indians and its something that cannot be seen-it is pride, honor, tradition and a genuine love of our school and communities". True PNG fans do NOT leave before the game is over--win or lose.  They do not attend games only when the team is winning--they go win or lose.  They have pride--we always "expect" them to win and are always proud of them.  Hubby played for the Indians in the 50's, son in the 70's and we will die Indian fans. 

That was the same scenario between Lumberton and Livingston last year.  They were both co-champs because they had the same district record although Lumberton had beaten Livingston 37-16.  Lumberton's only defeat came against their nemesis and arch rival (who we all have respect for) Vidor.

I had a post of mine hijacked from pngindians.com and posted here either from the spring or pre-season practices..can't remember.Anyway, I was ridiculed for statements I made on a PNG forum about this new coaching staff and what I thought we had in store for not only this season, but years to come. I would just like to say to the people who attacked me..you have now seen what I predicted would happen. Not bragging or talking trash, but I am so glad that the what I was anticipating has come true. Also, high school football does not take years to build a program as some people tried to remind me..it can be turned around quickly as witnessed. You only have kids for 2 or 3 years, so the coaches that can identify the talent, put it in the right places,take advantage of it strengths and adjust the system to fit the kids can be successful.

Guest Brubaker
Congrats,but I'll still take my Dawgs and Neumann everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.  Congrats on a great year, but you still got nothin on my Dogs.  Should be a great series going forward, at least Cloth will make it interesting.

I just want to say what a great job PNG did in changing a losing program into a winning program! They have raised bar to a state champion style foot ball and all the teams in this districts will have to get better or lose! The days of hiring coaches because they are from the same cities are the good old boy are over. I think you can call it the PNG blue print!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-0 DISTRICT CHAMPION---------STATE CHAMPION

[quote name="Squaw1" post="692636" timestamp="1257021512"]
As an old Indian fan, I see something very clearly that some people have missed! NOBODY outside of "bleed purple" PNG fans understand the bond we all have. A friend from work once said "I went to Port Neches today and I just don't get it."  I asked what he didn't get and he replied "everyone says PN is God's country and I didn't see it".  My response was that "PNG has something that is ingrained in all Indians and its something that cannot be seen-it is pride, honor, tradition and a genuine love of our school and communities". [b]True PNG fans do NOT leave before the game is over--win or lose.  They do not attend games only when the team is winning--they go win or lose.  They have pride--we always "expect" them to win and are always proud of them. [/b] Hubby played for the Indians in the 50's, son in the 70's and we will die Indian fans. 
[/quote]

That is how we feel in our home.  We have missed one game this year and that was the Livingston game and only because I couldn't find a babysitter for our youngest who had just gotten over the flu the week before.  My husband and I both hated missing but what could be do chance our child getting sick again....no way.  But we sure were cheering them on from home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder