Lumberton vs. LC-M/Lumberton wins 21-14/Comments

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=16pt]First off congrats to Lumberton on the win, this is my first game of the year and the Bears future looks promising with all the Jr’s and sophomores on the field.  The Bears passing game looked pretty good with exceptions of all the dropped passes, many passes hit the player’s right in the hands or chest and were not caught.  Number 9, Sonnier looked very impressive though he appeared to be the only Bear receiver that was able to catch the ball.[/size]

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="692044" timestamp="1256965939"]
Broadcasters need to lay off the refs!  No need to repeatedly talk about age, how long it takes him to walk across the field because of his age, or his "pacemaker."  I'm glad Lumberton is back on the winning side of things.
[/quote]
Sorry....but don't you know sarcasm and sports go well together. :D

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="692375" timestamp="1257003183"]
[quote author=setxathlete14 link=topic=61587.msg691699#msg691699 date=1256958645]
thats 2 game lcm could have possibly won. but gonzale seems to throw pick in the redzone quite often
[/quote

Oh really? So what are you trying to say? Do you honestly think they would even be in these games without him?
[/quote]

I expect with Crouch working with Gonzales for the next year, we are going to enjoy seeing him during his senior year

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="692375" timestamp="1257003183"]
[quote author=setxathlete14 link=topic=61587.msg691699#msg691699 date=1256958645]
thats 2 game lcm could have possibly won. but gonzale seems to throw pick in the redzone quite often
[/quote

Oh really? So what are you trying to say? Do you honestly think they would even be in these games without him?
[/quote]

Someone in Lumberton took some great pictures, about 1000 of them of this game.  Just browsing the pictures I seen several of them with the quarterback placing the ball in the hands of the receivers, one particular, “I will not say name or number” dropped just about everything thrown to him.  Yes Gonzales threw an interception at the end of the game; however, it might have been a different ending if the receivers would have caught the ball.  If you want to contend in this district you’ve got to make the plays, or sit the bench.  Congrats to #9 SONNIER, who played a good game and breaking the school record for receptions.  

Congratulations Bears on your turnaround season (still one game left) under Coach Crouch.  I think it's been a remarkable turnaround from the last several years and I'm glad to see it.  You have a good team with lots of good sophomores and juniors coming back and a lot to look forward.  Your QB and wide receiver have had a great year and they will be a force to reckoned with next year.  I remember the posts from last year from many LCM fans and parents who were looking forward to the new program.  The same can be said for Ozen, Central and PNG with their new coaches, they've all done great. High school football has a way of bringing a community or town together like no other.  We're all winners here in Southeast Texas and 20-4A is a very competitive district. Again congratulations to Coach Crouch and LCM. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami