HJ vs WOS games for tonight

coog31

I think you guys are really reaching if you think HJ canceled because they were "afraid" to play because they would lose, like some of you are suggesting. I know Coach Martel and I am pretty sure he wouldn't just cancel a game on a whim. He's got way more pride than that. I trust that all involved agreed on this situiation.

[quote name="w" post="690035" timestamp="1256870639"]
It's my understanding that HJ called at 3 o'clock to cancel and has no intention of making the game up on Monday, which was offered.  Furthermore, no other school's jv canceled tonight due to threat of bad weather.  LCM played in Lumberton and it only rain a little on them.  It's almost ten and still hasn't rain in Orange.  What's up with that?  It was a district game to our jv players.

I don't care if anybody agrees with me or not.  I'm just giving my opinion. 
[/quote]
"W"
First you blame the volleyball team?!?!
Then you make up, oops I mean you "understand" that HJ called everything off?!?
What else do you "understand" to be the truth that we should know.
Really.

[quote name="Roper84" post="690196" timestamp="1256904806"]
[quote author=w link=topic=61511.msg690035#msg690035 date=1256870639]
It's my understanding that HJ called at 3 o'clock to cancel and has no intention of making the game up on Monday, which was offered.  Furthermore, no other school's jv canceled tonight due to threat of bad weather.  LCM played in Lumberton and it only rain a little on them.  It's almost ten and still hasn't rain in Orange.  What's up with that?  It was a district game to our jv players.

I don't care if anybody agrees with me or not.  I'm just giving my opinion. 
[/quote]
"W"
First you blame the volleyball team?!?!
Then you make up, oops I mean you "understand" that HJ called everything off?!?
What else do you "understand" to be the truth that we should know.
Really.

[/quote]

Just for the sake of stirring things up on this beautiful SETX Friday morning!!  Not necessarily what I believe to be true but, wasn't HJ upset about the volleyball game being cancelled??  Then they cancelled the MS volleyball games on Monday, and there were no football games on Thursday.  Could it be a little payback with the help of a rain shower?? ;D 

By the way, did HJ cancel schools today, it is raining and I am sure there are some kids that live quite a distance from the school that will have to ride the bus in the rain!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

And I think I am going to watch and see how many HJ basketball games are cancelled because of approaching cold fronts.  Just for the fun of it!!

Go ahead and get after me!!  I couldn't resist getting ya'll good and stirred up!!! ;D ;D

[quote name="Homer" post="690287" timestamp="1256910659"]And I think I am going to watch and see how many HJ basketball games are cancelled because of approaching cold fronts.  Just for the fun of it!![/quote]

I'm trying my best to stay out of this, but that is a pretty good point there. We get some pretty bad weather during BBall season.

[quote name="Homer" post="690298" timestamp="1256911424"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61511.msg690291#msg690291 date=1256910936]
::)

Somebody's feelings are sure hurt. ;)
[/quote]

If you are talking about me, you are wrong.  I could care less if they play, just having a little fun!! 8)
[/quote]

Okay, OrangeCrush. ;) ::)

I know that I am getting in on this late but comparing a Varsity level Volleyball game to under level football games is a joke.  Yes WOS likely would have won, but who cares!!!!  Why risk the threat of bad weather and injury.  I am sure that for the WOS folks that think that this was all HJ's fault you will look to take it out on poor ol' little HJ on the field tonight!!!! ::) ::)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="690398" timestamp="1256915693"]
I know that I am getting in on this late but comparing a Varsity level Volleyball game to under level football games is a joke.  Yes WOS likely would have won, but who cares!!!!  Why risk the threat of bad weather and injury.  I am sure that for the WOS folks that think that this was all HJ's fault you will look to take it out on poor ol' little HJ on the field tonight!!!! ::) ::)
[/quote]

I think WOS will just be happy to get the win. Jr high boys have plenty of games ahead of them. I think everyone has said their piece on the matter, it's a mute point from here as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name="w" post="690671" timestamp="1256928542"]
Feelings hurt?  Hardly.  Just weird to me that the only games that were canceled were the WOS vs HJ games due to "impending weather".  
[/quote]

Once again check before you post ::) Weren't the HF Silsbee games canceled too?  Oh yeah they were...

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=61507.0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder