3A state champs

skipper

Jasper's biggest fans live in carthage now...If jasper makes the playoffs carthage will be D2.  After seeing both teams several of us jasper fans agreed gilmer is alot better (more and better athletes) not to take anything away from carthage they are very well coached and have a great O and D line (they lived up to their hype).  That qb for carthage was a difference maker along with the tight end and wr's. I think alvis is as good a qb as that kid but his wr's went up and beat our DB's and I like the way they fought for the ball.  

[quote name="indian15/16" post="686845" timestamp="1256587788"]
If Gilmer and Carthage end up in different divisions, they will be your 3A state champs.
[/quote]

What year was it that Gilmer and most of the 3A people thought Gilmer was a shoe in to win state and lost in the first round?Just saying....

[quote name="BKJ85" post="685068" timestamp="1256403435"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=61277.msg684923#msg684923 date=1256393958]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=61277.msg684883#msg684883 date=1256390339]
who would you pick.jasper has played the #1 #2  teams in the state so thay should have a first hand look at who thay think is best,now you can pick if you wish ,i say GILMER
[/quote]         skipper, you are an "IDIOT". have you lost your mind. go crawl back in your hole.  "ALL" OF MY MONEY IS GOING ON SILSBE".
[/quote]Tiger fans see our team starting to peak at the right time. We like our chances in the playoffs. Speveto WOS still has a chance to go deep into the playoffs also. Give you a hint. Silsbee has been through adversity that has brought players and coaches together in a way that being undefeated could never do. They are using the 1998 Tiger team as inspiration. They lost 3 or 4 games (early in the sason) they should have won. Most people wrote them. When the playoffs started they beat a very good WOS team and [b]went to the state semi-finals[/b]. Go Tigers and WOS.
[/quote]

They went to the quarter finals (regional finals) and lost to La Marque. That was a good Silsbee team!!

I figure gilmers passing attack will beat carthage.  Jasper had open recievers just couldnt catch the ball..also gilmer I think is faster overall jasper got around the corner a few times against carthage I thought we should have tried more with a reverse or somthing creative...anyway like you said thunder we will not know cause jasper will make the playoffs...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476