Longest Span w/o A Victory Over Your "Rival"

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

Longest span w/o a victory over your "Rival"

Some teams just can't win against their so-called "Rival."

What are some current streaks? Consecutive Wins or Losses against your Rival.

Nederland did not beat PN-G for 19 years in a row. PN-G had 15 straight victories at one point in that time frame. In the 19 years there were two ties (0-0, 35-35). Five other games were less than a touchdown with three of them being 1 point games. Then there were the half dozen or so blowouts.

But your question was about a "so-called Rival". I still consider them a rival. I would think that PN-G fans feel the same way.

WO-S has won 10 straight over the battlin bears. I believe their last victory was preceded by another WO-S 10-year streak.
I was just fixing to ask that. The last time LCm beat WOS the Bear's had a damn good team that year.

• 9 months later...
Guest Kelly Football

Not sure if we have a rival? ??? :D We'll be playing more public schools in non district the next few years so maybe we can create one.

Guest Kelly Football

We play these Public Schools this year in Non District.

Sept. 7 Hitchcock

Sept 15 Houston Furr

Sept 21 Bridge City

Sept. 28 San Augustine

Not sure if we have a rival? ??? :D We'll be playing more public schools in non district the next few years so maybe we can create one.

I always thought St. Thomas was kind of a rival to Kelly....  the two have played for at least 13 consecutive years and probably for a lot more than that.

In a true rivalry there is no guessing or records that matter.  It is one of those games where one team can be 0-9 while the other is 9-0 and it is still a hype buildup, blood flowing, heart beating, fight to the end. 

Our 3A district has old rivalries and new.

In a true rivalry there is no guessing or records that matter.  It is one of those games where one team can be 0-9 while the other is 9-0 and it is still a hype buildup, blood flowing, heart beating, fight to the end. 

Our 3A district has old rivalries and new.

Very true. I have heard it and read it many times when PNG and Nederland play "throw out the records when these two play". PNG and Nederland probably have the longest and most intense rivalery of any schools in the area.

Very true. I have heard it and read it many times when PNG and Nederland play "throw out the records when these two play". PNG and Nederland probably have the longest and most intense rivalery of any schools in the area.

That is correct Cardinal Supporter because for a true arch rival the game means just about as much as the district championsip itself. Ask someone from PN-G or Nederland which game is their rivalry game. You won't hear anyone say that they had a close game the last three years another team so that is their rival. No way.

I see it written where people say that this team seems to be their arch rival or something like "I guess that team" is our rival.

If you have to guess or sit and think about it, then it isn't a rivalry game. You don't choose your arch rival. It just happens over time.

what about vidor vs. nederland,although one side may only consider this a rivalry.how many times has vidor won this game since 1980?2007 was 1 win.

what about vidor vs. nederland,although one side may only consider this a rivalry.how many times has vidor won this game since 1980?2007 was 1 win.

I don't know anyone in Nederland that thinks it is a rivalry game but I am sure some Vidor fans would like for that to be. There is no big buildup for the Vidor game. It is just another game on the schedule. 

That would be about like Central fans saying that Dayton is their rivalry game since they lost to them last year. Obviously a team wants to win every game but I would think Central fans have a huge desire to beat Ozen or WB other than winning a district championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami