Newton At Kirbyville

Guest Jmeek

Newton Kirbyville who will win the game and District ?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Newton Kirbyville who will win the game and District ?

• Newton win +21
    • Kirbyville win 7 or less
    • Newton in a blowout
    • Kirbyville win +21
    • Newton win 7 or less
    • Kirbyville in a blowout
    • To close to call

I'm kinda with Championeagles on this....Of course I want to win every game and be declared district champion, but one game doesn't define your season.  In 1998 we lost to our bitter rival Brownwood for the district championship....We learned from that game and went on to win state.  Did the loss to Brownwood leave a bitter taste in our mouth?  You bet it did, but standing on the 50 yard line at Texas Stadium hoisting the championship trophy took that away.  District championships are a great thing and gives people bragging rights for a year...but a state championship, whether or not you win district, will shut everyone up!  A ring on the finger is better than a patch on a jacket....You gotta be in it to win it (One of Briles famous sayings at Stephenville). 

Newton and Kirbyville are both great teams that should make deep playoff runs....Win or lose, learn from your mistakes and take each game personally.  I wouldn't be surprised if both of you made it to at least the semi-finals...after that anything can happen.  Good luck!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I was wrong about this being the last year to play each other. After attempting to read the UIL proposal about split conferences, I'm not sure if both Newton and Kirbyville may be playing in a six-man league in West Texas somewhere next year. And after seeing the post about the districts maybe we should go to six-man.  :D

ChampionEagle i understand what you are saying and ON PAPER or in a PERFECT WORLD it would make sense.  However, a little birdie told me that this isn't the case.  I'm not name calling here (atleast this time), but have you stopped and really, really, really thought about what you are saying?  I'm sure if you did it would seem like a total setup for a copout for your post following nov. 6th

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="686581" timestamp="1256573123"]
[quote author=justsaying link=topic=61191.msg686545#msg686545 date=1256571550]
Play the game to win..... Anybody consider the fact that neither team will win state? Then, winning District would certainly have some meaning to it.
[/quote]
Why? Kirbyville won district last year and advanced to the state championship game. Newton lost to Kirbyville in the final regular season game but advanced to play Daingerfield closer and in a barn burner than anyone else as Daingerfield went on to win state. I'm a lot more proud of the way the Eagles played Daingerfield than if they had won district. Winning that game against Kirbyville would have not changed anything about the playoffs. Newton did not win state nor did Kirbyville. If your goals are to win district and then hope for the best in the playoffs, fine. Mine are a little different. Your predistrict schedule should prepare you for the run to get into the playoffs. Nowadays you do not have to win district to get there. Your district games should help you get ready for the playoffs, not hinge everything on whether your champion, second, or third. The playoff goal should be the state championship. A lot of time players and fans don't agree with coaches decisions as to what is best for the team. They tend to see what is best for them personally.
[/quote] OK Ive read the post's and I am also a former player myself (97-00) at Newton, I won state in 98 and came dang close to winning a few more in 99 00 we lost district in 00 and when you lose district heading into the playoffs it doesn't give that same boost of confidence or head of steam heading into the playoffs its kind of a let down. U say u  know coach Barbay then U should know that he is going into this game to Win, it will be a true test for his team, he can see really how good they are. the players and coaches on both sides have been looking forward to this game all year and  u suggest we should just play are starters one half like its a meaningless game, what a let down that would be for the players. Newton needs this kind of game to be better prepared for the playoffs, they need to feel like they can beat a good quality team .I just can't understand why a former Newton player like yourself would not want to win district and beat Kville. No disrespect here cause all former Newton players are family to me.

[quote name="triskiadeka" post="686957" timestamp="1256592268"]
THE BIG QUESTION IS which broadcast will you follow ?

the Newton Broadcast

or

The Kirbyville Broadcast

It will be Newton's week to be on the radio...will that make the difference for you ??
[/quote]
Heck no......I will still be sitting on kvilles side right about the area i normally sit

[quote name="Kville99" post="687056" timestamp="1256598548"]
[quote author=triskiadeka link=topic=61191.msg686957#msg686957 date=1256592268]
THE BIG QUESTION IS which broadcast will you follow ?

the Newton Broadcast

or

The Kirbyville Broadcast

It will be Newton's week to be on the radio...will that make the difference for you ??
[/quote]
Heck no......I will still be sitting on kvilles side right about the area i normally sit
[/quote]

Heck where you sit, you can hear the broadcast with out the radio...especially if there are a bunch of scores...that dude is just toooo loud (sometimes)...but he is freekin' funny (sometimes)

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="683680" timestamp="1256304415"]
If things play out and all this game means is who is district champs, it has no effect on playoffs, I would think both teams would be wise to play their first string maybe a half and then substitute heavily and try to keep as many players healthy as possible for the coming games that really mean something.
[/quote]
a district title doesent matter. Whatever your from newton a team that newton just knew they would beat took the title from them and thats gonna be Newtons excuse for Kirbyville keeping the district title that the district title didnt mean anything.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="689796" timestamp="1256854023"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=61191.msg689652#msg689652 date=1256844657]
::)
[/quote]

Not a fan of the Kville broadcast are we??? ;)
[/quote]
I have noproblem with Kville broadcast got alot of respect for those guys over there. It was a response to what he said on his other post and now he is over here trying to promote Kville to take Newton's spot on the radio when they play Kville...

As hyped as this game is I am going to say Kirbyville has much more to lose than Newton (regardless of the outcome.)  Once playoffs start, Corrigan-Camden will have something to say about Kirbyville advancing any further.  Many people on this forum have dismissed CC's chances of winning and have already played the game to be Anahuac vs. Kirbyville in the 2nd round.  As much as I would like to see that, I still think CC will win (consider this my sleeper pick.)  I'll take Newton in a 10 point victory, 24-14.  

[quote name="Cowboys" post="689833" timestamp="1256857193"]
As hyped as this game is I am going to say Kirbyville has much more to lose than Newton (regardless of the outcome.)  Once playoffs start, Corrigan-Camden will have something to say about Kirbyville advancing any further.  Many people on this forum have dismissed CC's chances of winning and have already played the game to be Anahuac vs. Kirbyville in the 2nd round.  As much as I would like to see that, I still think CC will win (consider this my sleeper pick.)  I'll take Newton in a 10 point victory, 24-14.  
[/quote]
Corrigan Camden has and allways had a good football program and a long tradition of winning, something Kville is trying to do.They could upset Kville, if Kville overlooks them thinking about the next round. allthough If Kville is on there game they will beat CC.

[quote name="Cowboys" post="689833" timestamp="1256857193"]
[/quote]

From what I saw last friday, Corrigan Camden will be lucky to get on the scoreboard against our defense. We know Corrigan has tradition, but Kirbyville has spanked their butts the last 4 or 5 meetings and don't see any different this year. It may not mean much to you, but Corrigan struggled to beat a athletic Woodville team 19-7. Kirbyville started putting backups in the second half against Woodville with the score 35-7 and a final score 49-7. It was our special teams that gave up a touchdown on the kickoff, defense played lights out buddy!

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="690218" timestamp="1256907270"]
[quote author=Cowboys link=topic=61191.msg689833#msg689833 date=1256857193]
[/quote]

From what I saw last friday, Corrigan Camden will be lucky to get on the scoreboard against our defense. We know Corrigan has tradition, but Kirbyville has spanked their butts the last 4 or 5 meetings and don't see any different this year. It may not mean much to you, but Corrigan struggled to beat a athletic Woodville team 19-7. Kirbyville started putting backups in the second half against Woodville with the score 35-7 and a final score 49-7. It was our special teams that gave up a touchdown on the kickoff, defense played lights out buddy!
[/quote]

Amen..Kvillecats...If Kirbyville Plays CC Like They Are Playing Now..CC Can Hang It Up..I Also Agree 7 Points For CC To Score On Kville's Defense Is Generous....

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="690279" timestamp="1256910146"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=61191.msg690218#msg690218 date=1256907270]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Amen..Kvillecats...If Kirbyville Plays CC Like They Are Playing Now..CC Can Hang It Up..I Also Agree 7 Points For CC To Score On Kville's Defense Is Generous....
[/quote]
I agree that is Kville plays like they have been playing they will kill CC, all I was saying is never to overlook a opponent Newton Overlooked CC last year and lost to them in a tight ball game, u never know what can happen when your team comes in expecting a easy victory.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="690303" timestamp="1256911739"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=61191.msg690279#msg690279 date=1256910146]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=61191.msg690218#msg690218 date=1256907270]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree that is Kville plays like they have been playing they will kill CC, all I was saying is never to overlook a opponent Newton Overlooked CC last year and lost to them in a tight ball game, u never know what can happen when your team comes in expecting a easy victory.
[/quote]

Once you Win A State Championship As Newton Has,Or Even Get To The Semi-Finals, You Have A Target On Your Back...Everyone Wants To Beat The Champs.. It Seems To Make The Oposition Play Their Hardest..And I Agree .."Become [b]Complacent[/b]..Become [b]Beat[/b].!!!"

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="mmccary" post="693220" timestamp="1257050520"]
Newton big, Kville didnt play as well as Newton did against SA

Newton is alot more respectable.  All Kville did the whole night was taunt the "N" word to SA the whole night
[/quote]

what in the world are you talking about? 

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

Newton is alot more respectable.  All Kville did the whole night was taunt the "N" word to SA the whole night
[/quote]
huh

[/quote] Man that is the most stupidest comment I have ever read. I can promise you Newton will not win "big" as you stated. What in the hell you talking about the "N" word???

Guest ~old_wildcat~

[/quote]

Where Are You From..?? And What Color Is The Sky In Your world..Mannnn This Is The Most Ridiculous Post Iv'e Seen..Get A Grip Man..!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476

• See new post This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   Sentencing set 4 days before the RNC Convention to nominate Trump. This is all GREAT NEWS for & . 1) Trump Presidential victory sealed. 2) Precedent now set for Bush, Clinton, Obama arrests. 3) Overturn on Appeal guaranteed. 4) Top-to-Bottom DOJ Corruption exposed. 5) U.S. Supreme Court will be FORCED to conduct Emergency Review of “case” and make a ruling. 6) Supreme Court is a “captured” entity that fully understands they uphold the Law or individually face UCMJ Treason trial for violating their Sworn Oaths to the Constitution. 7) No civilian admirably law court can override a UCMJ protected Commander-in-Chief, no matter the amount of propaganda they use. 8) CIC Trump is untouchable. He’s simply leading the Swamp Rats to their final resting places. 9) Brunson Case verdict remains a proverbial nuclear weapon that can be deployed to eradicate the vast majority of House & Senate members for violating their sworn oaths on January 6, 2021, by unconstitutionally certifying the 2020 election without an investigation. 10) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  holds ALL THE CARDS. Watch him win it all! Election Interference is This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up .  ALL found guilty must forfeit all personal, family and corporate assets to the U.S. Treasury. This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up just won the lottery and will soon win our Republic back!
    • Can't even talk without a teleprompter!  
    • He almost singlehandedly saved the filibuster in the Senate by siding with the Republicans in what would have been a stupid move. 
    • 1. Presidents and Former Presidents can be impeached 2. Presidents and Former Presidents can be forced to reveal tax and business records 3. Presidents and Former Presidents lose executive privilege 4. Presidents and Former Presidents lose attorney-client privilege 5. Presidents and Former Presidents can be forced to release private phone records and text messages 6. Presidents and Former Presidents can have their homes raided by the FBI 7. Presidents and Former Presidents can be subpoenaed by partisan committees 8. Presidents and Former Presidents can be repeatedly indicted and arrested 9. Presidents and Former Presidents lose their First Amendment right to free speech 10. Presidents and Former Presidents lose the right to a jury trial 11. VP no longer has authority to question validity of disputed electoral votes 12. The losing party no longer has authority to submit contingent electors when results are disputed 13. Presidents and Former Presidents don't have Presidential Immunity BOOMERANG The reckoning is coming!   Evil always finds out.  Just ask Hitler! *Trump 2024*
    • All these educated people thinking Trump was treated fairly would be the first ones to cry foul should it happen to them. Condone it and it just might. 
  • Topics