Newton At Kirbyville

Guest Jmeek

Newton Kirbyville who will win the game and District ?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Newton Kirbyville who will win the game and District ?

• Newton win +21
    • Kirbyville win 7 or less
    • Newton in a blowout
    • Kirbyville win +21
    • Newton win 7 or less
    • Kirbyville in a blowout
    • To close to call

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ~old_wildcat~
Unless I'm Missing Something, I Think It Will Be A Good Close Ball Game..Both Teams Have Lots Of Talent,Good Coaching, Good Fans...It Should Be A Good Game...But You Know It's Still Football And Lady Luck Also Helps Sometimes...Good Luck TO Both Teams

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="justsaying" post="683368" timestamp="1256254114"]
based on the Massey Ranking Matchup Tab it has:
Newton-29
Kirbyville-31..

[/quote]

Yes Sir I Matched Them Up Too..I Don't Mean To Sound Like A Know It all, But That Computer Match Tells You What Is Supposed To Happen...Not What, Might Really Happen..It's What Is On The Score Board When It's All Over That Really Matters...

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="683680" timestamp="1256304415"]
If things play out and all this game means is who is district champs, it has no effect on playoffs, I would think both teams would be wise to play their first string maybe a half and then substitute heavily and try to keep as many players healthy as possible for the coming games that really mean something.
[/quote]

how it should be.
dont see it happening all too much like that though 8)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="683680" timestamp="1256304415"]
If things play out and all this game means is who is district champs, it has no effect on playoffs, I would think both teams would be wise to play their first string maybe a half and then substitute heavily and try to keep as many players healthy as possible for the coming games that really mean something.
[/quote]
I understand what u mean, but why would u not want to win a district championship? Newton has not played very well this year especially in the first half of ball games, they need to play a good caliber team like Kville and they need to play them hard for 4 qrts and know Kville will do that, they want another district championship along with a state championship. Newton needs to improve a little before playoffs and they really need to play Kville like its a playoff game to get a little warmed up before the real competition comes like Dangerfield if they make it that far, If Newton continues to play like they have the last 5 gms they will not last long in the playoffs. So prepare to see a battle in week 10 Barbay is not going to back down in a quest to reclaim the district championship.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="685117" timestamp="1256406060"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61191.msg683680#msg683680 date=1256304415]
[/quote]
I understand what u mean, but why would u not want to win a district championship? Newton has not played very well this year especially in the first half of ball games, they need to play a good caliber team like Kville and they need to play them hard for 4 qrts and know Kville will do that, they want another district championship along with a state championship. Newton needs to improve a little before playoffs and they really need to play Kville like its a playoff game to get a little warmed up before the real competition comes like Dangerfield if they make it that far, If Newton continues to play like they have the last 5 gms they will not last long in the playoffs. So prepare to see a battle in week 10 Barbay is not going to back down in a quest to reclaim the district championship.
[/quote]

And You Can Bet Coach Alvarez And The Wildcats Intend To Keep The Trophy Here....!! Good Luck To Both Teams..

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="685117" timestamp="1256406060"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61191.msg683680#msg683680 date=1256304415]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Your youth shows. There is nothing gained by winning a district championship or having a "tuneup" game. They will have played 9 games time this game gets here. If that is not enough to "tuneup", your in serious trouble. I agree Newton has not played well at times, but I think it is more scheme than talent. What would a district championship mean if you lose say your starting QB, or starting nose? What kind of let down would you face the next week in the games that count if you build it up and lose? Since the advent of multiple team playoffs the shine on the district crown has been removed. It doesn't matter if you win district or come in second or third, as long as you have a chance to advance in the playoffs to the state championship, which is the real prize. IMO it would be foolish to risk your chances for that prize on a meaningless game just to be able to thump your chest locally and hollar we're the best when in fact your not if you don't take home the big prize. Kirbyville found this out last year as they were district champions, but lost when the real prize was on the line.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
This Is Going Where I Didn't Want It To Go...Newton Has Won District Almost As Far As My Memory Will Reach...And They Didn't Bring Home The Prize Every Time They Won District Either..Winning District Had Nothing To Do With Kirbyville Losing State...Muleshoe Beat Kirbyville On The Football Field,They Deserve To Win I Make No Excuese For Kirbyville..They [b]LOST[/b]....Bottom Line...Good Luck Still To Both Teams..

Your totally misreading what was said. The post I made has nothing to do with Kirbyville and last year other than they lost the big game. It has to do with whether Newton should go all out to win a meaningless game. Some of my friends in Kirbyville last year wanted to make it a big deal that they won. I told them I was glad for them and that it seemed to be such a big deal to them. I also told them the truth in that Newton had lost lots bigger games than that loss including in the state championship game. It changed nothing as a win or loss will change nothing this year in the Newton-Kirbyville game.Newton has done exactly as Kirbyville done last year, got to the big game and lost. But we also have gotten to the big game and won three times, how many does Kirbyville have?

Guest ~old_wildcat~
I Think You Know The Answer To That.. 0[b][/b] I Understand What Your'e Saying Now...Newton For Anyone To Deny The Tradition Of The School Knows Nothing About Football...Newton Has Been One Of The Most Consistent Football Programs Going Plus One Of The Best Coaches In Texas...Any Coach Can Take A Group Of Naturally Talented Kids And Have A Winng Season...But When You Take What You Have And Make A Winning Team Year After Year Who Can Deny That...I Like Good Football Players I Don't Care What School He Goes To..Ok..Once Again Good Luck : And We Need To Bring The State trophy To East Texas..!! No Matter Who Does It..

I agree that we need to bring the championship trophies to southeast Texas. The game has to be played, but I hope that both teams come out with all their players healthy. The winner I don't think is that important as both clubs will need their guys in the weeks following to make a run at bringing those trophies home. Personally, I could care less who wins. Let's make 22 2A a district to be respected by all others.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685443" timestamp="1256432464"]
I agree that we need to bring the championship trophies to southeast Texas. The game has to be played, but I hope that both teams come out with all their players healthy. The winner I don't think is that important as both clubs will need their guys in the weeks following to make a run at bringing those trophies home. Personally, I could care less who wins. Let's make 22 2A a district to be respected by all others.
[/quote] I agree with you championEagle, man Woodville got murdered last nite and they barely got yards. They were lucky to get one score in off our darn special teams. Kirbyville defense is much better than last year, lots of speed every where and athleticism. I can promise you this will be the toughest game Newton has played so far.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685443" timestamp="1256432464"]
I agree that we need to bring the championship trophies to southeast Texas. The game has to be played, but I hope that both teams come out with all their players healthy. The winner I don't think is that important as both clubs will need their guys in the weeks following to make a run at bringing those trophies home. [b][i]Personally, I could care less who wins[/i]. [/b] Let's make 22 2A a district to be respected by all others.
[/quote]

Look up. I don't believe it. And I don't think Coach Barbay has ever gone in to a game not trying to win at all cost. I am pretty sure in his state championship runs that he tried to win every game and thats the way it should be.
Good luck to every team in Southeast Texas except when they play the Wildcats.

And I'm pretty sure that if Kirbyville was to say this game don't mean anything and go along with what (not the)champion(right now)eagle said it would be heard from Nov. 4th til the next time they played.  I'm completely understanding what you are saying but do you think for one second that either team would let the other one use that as an excuse?  I don't.

Obviously you don't know much about Coach Barbay. Win, yes. At all cost, no. What coach would want to win at all cost a meaningless game when the games that you [b]need[/b] to win start the next week. No time for healing, working replacements , etc. I don't think any coach worth his salt would be that ignorant, including Barbay or Alverez. Now the fans are a different animal. A lot of them are ignorant. They think a win in this game is what the entire year is about. If they are satisfied that a good year is beating Kirbyville or beating Newton, then that's great for them. I don't think that would be a good year if you lost the next week in the first round of the playoffs. The playoffs start a whole different feel for the team and fans. Lose and your out. That is when win at all cost comes in to effect. If you don't win you go home.

[quote name="Kville99" post="685695" timestamp="1256480891"]
And I'm pretty sure that if Kirbyville was to say this game don't mean anything and go along with what (not the)champion(right now)eagle said it would be heard from Nov. 4th til the next time they played.  I'm completely understanding what you are saying but do you think for one second that either team would let the other one use that as an excuse?  I don't.
[/quote]
Back when only the district champion advanced to the playoffs, I would totally agree with you. Now, this game doesn't have that same feel or importance. The chances for a state championship are the same for both teams, reguardless the outcome of this game. How can that compare with only the winner advances? The only advantage is which school goes big school, as there is one game less to play in the big school bracket. This game will not change that. Kirbyville will go big school, Newton in little school and nothing is going to change that.

[quote name="Kville99" post="685801" timestamp="1256493077"]
well then i guess we should agree to disagree and leave it at that.  I feel it would just be a great way for some people on here to make an excuse as to why their team lost. 
[/quote]
No excuses, Kirbyville won the game last year. Currently they have a one in a row winning streak. Could improve to two in a row this year, or not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83