Newton At Kirbyville

Guest Jmeek

Newton Kirbyville who will win the game and District ?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Newton Kirbyville who will win the game and District ?

• Newton win +21
    • Kirbyville win 7 or less
    • Newton in a blowout
    • Kirbyville win +21
    • Newton win 7 or less
    • Kirbyville in a blowout
    • To close to call

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685943" timestamp="1256506062"]
[quote author=pejo link=topic=61191.msg685932#msg685932 date=1256505699]
unless you come in 2nd in district
[/quote]
I would'n't remember if we had been tied for third and advanced on a coin flip.
[/quote]

ChampionEagles,

It would not be as great of a season if say Newton or Kirbyville win state in their respected divisions but came in second place in district.  Then you would have people saying well if Kville was in d2 they would have won it, or newton saying "well since we beat Kirbyville in district and Kville won state in D1, newton would have won state in D1"

You must not understand the real attitude of the coaching staffs or of the majority of the fans from these two towns.  Bragging rights... its all about Bragging rights.  And I can guarantee every player suited up that Friday night in week ten will play their hardest to bring home the district trophy.

[quote name="Headliner1" post="685962" timestamp="1256507340"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61191.msg685943#msg685943 date=1256506062]
[/quote]
[/quote]

ChampionEagles,

It would not be as great of a season if say Newton or Kirbyville win state in their respected divisions but came in second place in district.  Then you would have people saying well if Kville was in d2 they would have won it, or newton saying "well since we beat Kirbyville in district and Kville won state in D1, newton would have won state in D1"

You must not understand the real attitude of the coaching staffs or of the majority of the fans from these two towns.  Bragging rights... its all about Bragging rights.  And I can guarantee every player suited up that Friday night in week ten will play their hardest to bring home the district trophy.
[/quote]
I understand perfectly and having played in this game in years past I understand all about bragging rights. Since the advent of the multiple teams to the playoffs, IMO, it has removed a lot of the importance of being the district champion. I believe San Augustine and Garrison both took state championships a few years back from the same district. Can you tell me which one was district champion? It is more important to be healthy and ready to compete in the playoffs. I've not said to throw this game. This is what is being attributed to me. Sure you try to win it. But not at all cost. There are more important things down the road. Those with inexperience at getting to and winning the state trophy, don't have a clue as to what it takes.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685975" timestamp="1256508169"]
[quote author=Headliner1 link=topic=61191.msg685962#msg685962 date=1256507340]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61191.msg685943#msg685943 date=1256506062]
[/quote]
[/quote]

ChampionEagles,

[/quote]
I understand perfectly and having played in this game in years past I understand all about bragging rights. Since the advent of the multiple teams to the playoffs, IMO, it has removed a lot of the importance of being the district champion. I believe San Augustine and Garrison both took state championships a few years back from the same district. Can you tell me which one was district champion? It is more important to be healthy and ready to compete in the playoffs. I've not said to throw this game. This is what is being attributed to me. Sure you try to win it. But not at all cost. There are more important things down the road. Those with inexperience at getting to and winning the state trophy, don't have a clue as to what it takes.
[/quote]

I think both teams will come out of that game tested and ready for the playoffs.  The game will have a playoff atmosphere, so they both have an advantage of having such a great battle right before the playoffs.

[quote name="pejo" post="685981" timestamp="1256508801"]
championeagles i do have a clue i was on one of newton's state teams and if barbay and the team had your competitive spirit we would never win a state championship
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!

I am convinced that championeagle is just trying to set himself up for a built in excuse if Newton were to lose this game.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685982" timestamp="1256508976"]
[quote author=pejo link=topic=61191.msg685981#msg685981 date=1256508801]
championeagles i do have a clue i was on one of newton's state teams and if barbay and the team had your competitive spirit we would never win a state championship
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

I am convinced that championeagle is just trying to set himself up for a built in excuse if Newton were to lose this game.
[/quote]

I guess thats one way to do it... but im pretty sure it will be a great game between two great programs

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685982" timestamp="1256508976"]
[quote author=pejo link=topic=61191.msg685981#msg685981 date=1256508801]
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

[/quote]
Believe what you want. I've never made any excuses about Newton losing, including last year, and won't this year. You people think this is all about winning this game. I'm saying it's not. Win or lose, what happens? Kirbyville goes to the playoffs as D1 and Newton goes as D2. Questioning my "football sense" or "attitude" or "competitive spirit" is not going to change this fact.

But you claiming this game has NO importance is just bogus and that makes you look idiotic.

Do the playoffs and a state title game carry more importance? Sure. But it does not take away the importance of this game. If either team is behind in the 4th quarter and they see that a win in this game is out of reach, then I can see either coach making substitutions to save for the next week. But your comments suggest they should not even play the game, which is ludicrous. I am certain that if this game is tied or very close in the last few minutes of the game, both teams will be doing whatever they can to win this game.

Yes, your comments suggest you lack in football sense.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="686000" timestamp="1256510063"]
But you claiming this game has NO importance is just bogus and that makes you look idiotic.

Do the playoffs and a state title game carry more importance? Sure. But it does not take away the importance of this game. If either team is behind in the 4th quarter and they see that a win in this game is out of reach, then I can see either coach making substitutions to save for the next week. But your comments suggest they should not even play the game, which is ludicrous. I am certain that if this game is tied or very close in the last few minutes of the game, both teams will be doing whatever they can to win this game.

[/quote]
Again your comments tell me you have not read [b]ALL [/b] the post I have made. Your more interested in name calling and trying to show your stellar and superior knowledge. Call me what you will, I stand by what I have said. By the way I am married and don't need you to put words in my mouth, that's what I have her for.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="686034" timestamp="1256512001"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61191.msg686000#msg686000 date=1256510063]

[/quote]
Again your comments tell me you have not read [b]ALL [/b] the post I have made. [b]Your more interested in name calling and trying to show your stellar and superior knowledge[/b]. Call me what you will, I stand by what I have said. By the way I am married and don't need you to put words in my mouth, that's what I have her for.
[/quote]

I don't need to show it. It's quite obvious, don't you think? ;)

It is not necessary to read ALL your posts. Your message is loud and clear. Of course, it may take someone with less intelligence to read all your posts to get the meaning. ;)

I don't think pulling back or not trying to win with every play is in coach Barbay or  coach Alvarez character. They want to just win this week and let the chips fall where they may fall next week until they are eliminated or they have won it all. There want be
any holding back on either Newton or Kirbyville. I think it will be a hard fought game till the end. I do wish our defense had the slober-knocking attitude and quit arm tackling but  Silsbee's quaterback dodged them good. Bragging rights matters with or without a state championship, I know forty years from now this game will still mean something in these young men memories.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="jimmyw" post="686162" timestamp="1256519294"]
I don't think pulling back or not trying to win with every play is in coach Barbay or  coach Alvarez character. They want to just win this week and let the chips fall where they may fall next week until they are eliminated or they have won it all. There want be
any holding back on either Newton or Kirbyville. I think it will be a hard fought game till the end. I do wish our defense had the slober-knocking attitude and quit arm tackling but  Silsbee's quaterback dodged them good. Bragging rights matters with or without a state championship, I know forty years from now this game will still mean something in these young men memories.
[/quote]

Well Said Jimmyw...I Understand Trying To Keep your Key Players From Injuries...But This Is for The DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP..And If I Know Alvarez & Barbay They Will Go At It Full Tilt.If You Felt You Have To Keep your Key Players From Injuries All Year.How Could You Win Enough Games To Even Get To District Let Alone The Play-Offs...This Is Football A Tough Sport Injuries Are Going To Happen,That's Just The Nature Of The Beast..We Have 2 Good Football Teams 15 Miles Apart Who Will Play For The District Crown,And I Hope Both Teams Come Out Of It Injury Free...Good Luck To Both Teams...

Well it looks like all this will be mute after this year. Even if Kirbyville remains in 2A the UIL has been given approval to split the 2A participants into D1 and D2 prior to the 2010 season starting. Kirbyville (if they remain in 2A) will be in D1 and Newton in D2. They will not play each other for any kind of district championship.

Guest rykerx144
eagle, you sure spend alot of time criticizing the wildcats not to be worried about them.  This issue about week ten not meaning anything and coaches should pull starters early is either a lame smoke screen or one of the dumbest ideals ive heard in a while.  This game will be played to win as it should be

[quote name="rykerx144" post="686516" timestamp="1256569978"]
eagle, you sure spend alot of time criticizing the wildcats not to be worried about them.  This issue about week ten not meaning anything and coaches should pull starters early is either a lame smoke screen or one of the dumbest ideals ive heard in a while.  This game will be played to win as it should be
[/quote]
Couldn't think of anything new?

[quote name="justsaying" post="686545" timestamp="1256571550"]
Play the game to win..... Anybody consider the fact that neither team will win state?  Then, winning District would certainly have some meaning to it.
[/quote]
Why? Kirbyville won district last year and advanced to the state championship game. Newton lost to Kirbyville in the final regular season game but advanced to play Daingerfield closer and in a barn burner than anyone else as Daingerfield went on to win state. I'm a lot more proud of the way the Eagles played Daingerfield than if they had won district. Winning that game against Kirbyville would have not changed anything about the playoffs. Newton did not win state nor did Kirbyville. If your goals are to win district and then hope for the best in the playoffs, fine. Mine are a little different. Your predistrict schedule should prepare you for the run to get into the playoffs. Nowadays you do not have to win district to get there. Your district games should help you get ready for the playoffs, not hinge everything on whether your champion, second, or third. The playoff goal should be the state championship. A lot of time players and fans don't agree with coaches decisions as to what is best for the team. They tend to see what is best for them personally.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder