Pre-Season All-District 21-3A

Lazeek

We will do a Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP and then a Top 5.  This will be done by position and the two MVP cannot be in the your Top 5!!!  Don't be silly and just put 7 kids from your favorite school.  Let's see how close we can get.

Offensive MVP:
Defensive MVP:

PG:
SG:
SF:
PF:
C:

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="682922" timestamp="1256221780"]
We will do a Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP and then a Top 5.  This will be done by position and the two MVP cannot be in the your Top 5!!!  Don't be silly and just put 7 kids from your favorite school.  Let's see how close we can get.

Offensive MVP:Garrett Granger OF
Defensive MVP: Jacoby Turner HJ

PG:Pheal Hill Silsbee
SG: Zach Heinze BC
SF:Zach Hayes OF
PF:Blake Venable HJ
C: Nathan Mcanalley BC
[/quote]

[quote name="Babyboi_Prettyboi" post="683420" timestamp="1256259176"]
Offensive MVP: Pheal Hill-Silsbee
Defensive MVP:Jacolby Turner-HJ

PG:Headcoach son-HJ
SG:Prentice Lane-Silsbee
SF:Josh Haynes-O-Field
PF:DC Stallworth-Silsbee
C:Kendrick Jones-Silsbee
[/quote]
Josh Haynes? I doubt there would be 4 Silsbee players.

[quote name="RedBird5" post="683427" timestamp="1256259562"]
[quote author=Babyboi_Prettyboi link=topic=61172.msg683420#msg683420 date=1256259176]
Offensive MVP: Pheal Hill-Silsbee
Defensive MVP:Jacolby Turner-HJ

PG:Headcoach son-HJ
SG:Prentice Lane-Silsbee
SF:Zach Hayes-O-Field
PF:DC Stallworth-Silsbee
C:Kendrick Jones-Silsbee
[/quote]
Josh Haynes? I doubt there would be 4 Silsbee players.
[/quote]
Redbird, you are probably right 4 Tigers is probably a strecth although all 4 are very capable of having an all-district type year. The two MVP's can't be argued with based on past performance.  PG-  at this point I would have to give to Gustafson.  for SF Hayes is a good pick. Now it gets a little tougher.  It is not fair for me to say outright because I don't know enough about players from schools other than Silsbee and H-J with a few exceptions.  SG-  Prentice definately has the ability to end up here but I don't know wh else is out there.  H-J does have one or two that could be possible.  PF- This one is one I personally hope to see DC get.  He has been a huge part of the Tiger team the last couple of years and it is time for him to play a leadership role and keep his head in the game not let his emotions get the best of him.  He has plenty of ability not sure who else in the district will be his rivals for nthis spot.  Now the center position is up for grabs.  The WOS center could end up with it,  but Ricossa and the Tiger's twin towers could both put themselves in position for that spot.  At the end of last year Ricossa played real well.  Kendrick Jones played real well for the Tigers as did Avery Thomas.  Avery just needs to be a little more aggresive at times.  If he has improved some over the summer he could be a surprise.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="683520" timestamp="1256265097"]
The two bigs from Silsbee are good defensively but I looked overall and the Davis from WOS is a beast on the block if he can stay out of foul trouble!!!!  I made my opinion based on best at their position.......not the 5 best players in the district.
[/quote]

You are right but look for the two Tigers to be better offensively this year with a changed style of offense for the Tigers. Not saying Davis is a wrong choice just stating that there are 4 players that could have that spot at the end of the year.

Wow, how much is he paying you?  haha  And yes I saw that he was good last year and I haven't seen that from our two yet and may not,  however I was seeing that from Ricossa in the few games that I saw HJ play at the end of the year.  Depending on each players improvement and play this year, I could see any of them getting the vote,  although Davis does have the lead.

He definitely was last year.  I haven't seen a lot of offense from our two,  but I think this year they will have a lot better opportunity to be leaders on the offensive side.  Can they do it? I am not sure yet.  If they do and our other players do what they have in the past,  then the Tigers could be very good.

[quote name="ST413" post="683576" timestamp="1256270744"]
Maybe on paper but wasn't that the thought last year?  Too much of a rivalry to count out either team. 
[/quote]

No........last year I thought that HJ was the better team as a whole.......they had Jarvis the player in the district and he carried them and made his teammates better.........hopefully Jacoby can do the same!!!! ;) ;) ;)

I still feel the Tigers had a team last year that could have had no limits,  but just didn't get the job done in the end.  I think they were overlooking Jasper and were wanting game 4 with the Hawks and paid the price.  Jasper did play a great game just fell like the Tigers could have played better.  Now I still don't feel the Hawks were better last year.  We did beat you 2 out of 3 and that last one,  even without one key member(Lane) of the team and in that third game we had another key member(DC)  limited to what he could do.  ;) ;)  but the Hawks took care of their business and went farther.  Lets just hope that both of these teams live up to the past and that this year will be just as good as the last few.  but with the Tigers coming out on top. haha  But we are kind of changing this thread.

[quote name="no-look" post="683669" timestamp="1256303543"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=61172.msg683573#msg683573 date=1256270387]
Tigers are the team to beat this year for sure!!!!
[/quote]Whats Silsbee enrollment and when is the last time they failed to make playoffs?
[/quote]

843 is Silsbee's enrollment. The last time Silsbee missed the playoffs was '02, our next to last year in 4A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476