Question about PW/JR seeding.

BAM2000

I'm with PNG White and we'll play whoever, it sounds to me like some of you are scared to play each other ;D We play whoever whenever. If your teams are really that good then it shouldn't matter, let's just play. Ya'll act like we have some inside track or something. Good luck to all teams this weekend and Scalp'em.

Really ,,, ???  I would put that right back @ you !!! The way this is set up ,, PNG (white) gets the real advantage here !!!  LOL  SRY Im sure you will take offense ,,, none really intended but come on be real!!  I know our team is'nt scared to play anyone , if NED was moved to #4 we still play WOS hey thats great I want to see that rematch very badly !!!  If you really want to play anyone , than support NED (white) and step up to playing 1 of the top teams to GET TO THE SB ,, not wait and play a top team in the SB !!!    Im sry but im surprised that all of the coaches are'nt  supporting NED(white)

Hey come on now, we support you guys, whatever is fair needs to be changed and at the same time whatever the board decides we will have to trust their decision and roll with it!

Look, I'm not the head coach, but one of the coaches, and what I think is unfair is how people are on here saying we had something to do with this mess. We are just playing who they give us. People are bashing us for getting the #1 seed and everything else, who cares because in the end the two best teams play for the Super Bowl. This is all being taken way too serious. Maybe they should just take the playoffs away and some of this would stop. I support Ned White and feel they should be seeded higher, but that doesn't over turn the decision. My comment was inteneded for people that say we have a easy way to the Super Bowl. We picked to play WOS first game of the year when nobody else wanted to play them. That's what I meant by we will play anybody.  Also, I don't think you can predict how good a team is going to be before the season so if you get in a division where the teams aren't as good as the other division, it's not that teams fault. I do think that in the future, everyone needs to play the same amount of conference games if this is how seeding is done.

I have'nt seen one post that said PNG ,, (WHITE) or (PURPLE)  had   ""SOMETHING" to do with this mess ,,, only that it kinda ,, works out in  PNG's  FAVOR!!!!!    

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bulldawg16

Hopefully, a WOS coach will respond to confirm this statement. Buddy, you are the one that is upset and made the statement about us winning on illegal formation... Blah Blah Blah..Why didn't you just forfeit? You have made several comments on several posts gloating about PNG's league. I am not knocking that b/c PNG had a great organization, but NOT on a WOS level. Everyone has made fun, tried to push people's buttons, etc on here but there really is no need to get all hostile. Let's all just calm down and enjoy our freedom of speech!!!

PNG (purple ) ,,,,,, is a really tough team and very well coached , I did'nt say anything directly negative about any team !!!

I simply said that I believe the coaches should come out and support taking a look at this issue ,, !!!!!

IMO ,  I dont really think you should need a week to reset your defense per say !!!  TO PREPARE !!!  Not really that much changes week to week ,,, you 're gona play a running team or a passing team ,,  you gona face blazing speed or not !!!  Then again ,, LOL  I know purple video our games ,, maybe you might need time to have popcorn and  movie night ,,,,, LOL  I know that our team took notice  of the guy with the camera all over the field and behind our OF  while we played PNG (grey)  SEE to me that going to far for 7/8 year olds !!!!    WHICH one of you is gona explain that to these kids ????

Guest bulldawg16

Well, we officially won!! Not the changing of the seeding for this year, but for amending the guidelines for the future, so enjoy the playoffs!! BTW enjoy your "one time 5-2 2nd place division ranking". 

I'm with PNG White and we'll play whoever, it sounds to me like some of you are scared to play each other ;D We play whoever whenever. If your teams are really that good then it shouldn't matter, let's just play. Ya'll act like we have some inside track or something. Good luck to all teams this weekend and Scalp'em.

Really ,,, ???  I would put that right back @ you !!! The way this is set up ,, PNG (white) gets the real advantage here !!!  LOL  SRY Im sure you will take offense ,,, none really intended but come on be real!!  I know our team is'nt scared to play anyone , if NED was moved to #4 we still play WOS hey thats great I want to see that rematch very badly !!!  If you really want to play anyone , than support NED (white) and step up to playing 1 of the top teams to GET TO THE SB ,, not wait and play a top team in the SB !!!    Im sry but im surprised that all of the coaches are'nt  supporting NED(white)

I am with the PNG purple team. There are a couple of things being discussed that really bother me. First of all, TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT ! At this point if you overturn a possible mistake by the board, then you force teams that have prepared for two practices for one team to totally change their gameplans to play another and confuse the kids. If it is indeed ABOUT THE KIDS, then this is wrong. Second, alot of you are saying how much this "benefits the PNG teams". If you have followed the league at all, that is a pretty ridiculous statement. Yes, we did lose to Ned. White early in the year, 33-20. We fell behind immediately on a blown call when the officials let one of their kids advance the opening kickoff for a score and then a two point conversion on an illegal formation. We have been wanting another crack at Ned. White since the minute that we walked off the field. We have played Lumberton White and we lost 14-0. Played hard and moved the ball, but had a couple of opportunities slip away. We were excited when we thought we would get another shot at them. Then I remind you, went to WOS and lost 13-6. This is the same WOS team that just beat Ned. White 35-7. We know exactly what PNG white does so when I say that they would much rather play Ned. White in their bracket, I am telling the truth. Just ask them. Guys, you have to beat the best teams to win it all anyway. I personally don't care who we play, as long as I can prepare my kids to play to the best of their abilities. I will argue with anyone that we played the toughest schedule in the league (Lum. white 8-0, Ned. white 7-1, WOS 7-1) so I am not ashamed at where we are seeded and wherever we end up, we will come to play. Some of you should ask yourself that if you played our schedule, reallistically where would you be at this point ? I think scheduling plays a large part in some of these issues that we are having. We need to find a better way to even up the schedules and make sure that everyone plays the same amount of divisional games ! Sorry about the rant but I feel like I should defend our team against some of you that think we are getting "some sort of gift". No offense to anybody mentioned above, just trying to make a case. All eight teams in the playoffs are GOOD TEAMS.

You guys are a good team but do not stand a chance against Ned White.   We let the score get to that by playing kids in postion that they would never play.  We could have blown it wide open but kept sportmanship in mind.  We let one player that ways 50 pounds run the ball at least 5 times.  So if you want another crack at us I can set up a scrimmage before playoffs(NO PROBLEM)  :)

Wow. I never expected such a dilusional response. I thought that you guys had enough sense to be rational about the strength of your team and your strength of schedule. Guess I was way off. The comment about the fact that you could have run up the score is pretty hilarious. Take away the first 8 points that you were spotted, and it's a whole different ball game. As for the comments about the WOS game, it is funny that I have spoken with the coaches on numerous occasions and this was never mentioned about kids missing the game. I was trying to be rational about this whole deal and sympathize with your issue, but you couldn't handle that. I have seen all of the playoff teams and believe me, I have realistic goals. Lumberton White, PNG White, and WOS are at an entirely different level than the rest of the field. That being said, make the most out of your "one and out" playoff appearance. I am not going to get into the "I am better than you, we could have blown it wide open " game. I just stated that we would LOVE another shot without having to play from behind because an official doesn't know the rules ! Now we have a thread about the playoff situation turned into a Ned. White is better than PNG purple thread. Amazing.

[/quote So I guess no scrimmage for your rematch

Another false post. Go back and quote a single post where I was on the site "gloating" about PNGYFA. I am extremely proud of the organization, but I challenge you to go back and find evidence of what you are claiming. I would be willing to bet that I have been involved in the organizations (both STJFL and PNGYFA) quite a bit longer than you have. Obviously I have a much more REALISTIC outlook on things. All of the sudden when the decision didn't go your way...the decision that you said meant nothing about WHO YOU PLAYED, but all about RIGHT AND WRONG... you and BAM became a little hostile ! By the way, nobody from our team videos games unless they are filming THEIR kids. That IS a little extreme for 7-8 year olds. I would like to say good luck to Ned. Black. I know that we will have our hands full and it should be a good game. Gotta go, have a GAME to PREPARE for !

TRIBESMAN ,,, So we were all BLIND when we saw the guy in a GIANT PURPLE SHIRT ,, FILMING  from  BEHIND our offense ???    YOU  are right I guess I should'nt have worded that so it could be taken as accussing !!! It's just kinda funny ya know ,,,  if anyone was filming thier kid or thier team ,, why would they aways film from behind our offense ???  Besides , Im sure you are taking it as a personal attack , and thats not the intent of the comment nor to trash your team !!!  It's an opinion , everyone has a right to thier own opinion !!!

As far as the seeding issue ,, I don't think anyone really thought it would get corrected , THIS YEAR ,,  these things never do !!  If nobody ever says anything then nothing ever gets any better !! 

TRIBESMAN ,, I did say that you have a very tough team and it's well coached !!!  I can tell  that is my honest opinion ,  I told everyone that i KNOW that your team was LUM toughest test in the regular season !!!  You got a tough , tough team I in no way at any time was trying to take that away from you or your kids !!!

TRIBESMAN ,,, So we were all BLIND when we saw the guy in a GIANT PURPLE SHIRT ,, FILMING  from   BEHIND our offense ???    YOU  are right I guess I should'nt have worded that so it could be taken as accussing !!! It's just kinda funny ya know ,,,  if anyone was filming thier kid or thier team ,, why would they aways film from behind our offense ???  Besides , Im sure you are taking it as a personal attack , and thats not the intent of the comment nor to trash your team !!!  It's an opinion , everyone has a right to thier own opinion !!!

As far as the seeding issue ,, I don't think anyone really thought it would get corrected , THIS YEAR ,,  these things never do !!  If nobody ever says anything then nothing ever gets any better !!  

TRIBESMAN ,, I did say that you have a very tough team and it's well coached !!!  I can tell  that is my honest opinion ,  I told everyone that i KNOW that your team was LUM toughest test in the regular season !!!  You got a tough , tough team I in no way at any time was trying to take that away from you or your kids !!!

I did not interpret anything you said in a bad way. You and I exchanged posts when we played earlier this year and I appreciate the kind words about my kids. I know what they are capable of , and not capable of. Lumberton White is one of the best coached teams that I have seen bar none. Let me clear something up about your post. I have no knowledge of any of my parents or coaches filming your offense. I have not seen or heard of any video that may have been taken. That is why that I think that it was a parent. This is what I was trying to say. Good Luck, Raiders. BTW, if there was a video, I WOULD HAVE WATCHED THAT SUCKER AT LEAST TWENTY TIMES BY NOW ! LOL

Guest bulldawg16

Mis-statment on my part.  I didn't mean the PNGYFA association.  You talked about the Purple vs. Ned White game, WOS vs. Purple game and WOS vs. Ned White game and said illegal things were done in our game against you, the league has approved everything our coaches have taught our kids, offensively.  I was being a little defensive.  

BAM was not making a delusional comment, one of the smallest kids on our team DID run the ball several times and two other kids that do not normaly run the ball ran it in the game against Purple.  

A WOS coach DID make the comment about the 4 sick starters, I heard it w/ my own ears.  

Those posts were made before the outcome so how could we be hostile. We are EXTREMELY pleased w/ the outcome.  The board reviewed this issue not once, but twice.  We are pleased w/ the response whether a change was made this year or not. BUT looking forward to the new changes for next year.  I don't care how long you have been in this league, this isn't my first rodeo either.  We are excited about our game on Saturday...   I must add, I know some great people that either have kids or that help coach on Purple, and didn't hear complaints about our game.  Good luck to your kids on Saturday!!!

[quote name="bulldawg16" post="682305" timestamp="1256149410"]
Hopefully, a WOS coach will respond to confirm this statement. Buddy, you are the one that is upset and made the statement about us winning on illegal formation... Blah Blah Blah..Why didn't you just forfeit? You have made several comments on several posts gloating about PNG's league. I am not knocking that b/c PNG had a great organization, but NOT on a WOS level. Everyone has made fun, tried to push people's buttons, etc on here but there really is no need to get all hostile. Let's all just calm down and enjoy our freedom of speech!!!
[/quote]

Statement confirmed. Had one kid playing with swine flu (mine, though we didn't know @ tha time) and a few others sick. Plus, it was by far our worst offensive performance of the year. But I'm not taking anything from PNG Purple. They're well coached and they're a heck of a team. Where they're seeded or who they play is of no concern to us (no disrespect intended). They'll hold their own against anybody in these playoffs. Personally, I'm pulling for them to get to the Superbowl (again, no disrespect to any of the other teams in tha playoffs).

Guest bulldawg16
Thank you Previs and thanks to everyone else for your input on the seeding issue.  I hope everyone has a blast this weekend. Our kids were so pumped at practice today.  Good luck to all!!

[quote name="previs" post="682652" timestamp="1256175177"]
[quote author=bulldawg16 link=topic=61085.msg682305#msg682305 date=1256149410]
[/quote]

Statement confirmed. Had one kid playing with swine flu (mine, though we didn't know @ tha time) and a few others sick. Plus, it was by far our worst offensive performance of the year. But I'm not taking anything from PNG Purple. They're well coached and they're a heck of a team. Where they're seeded or who they play is of no concern to us (no disrespect intended). They'll hold their own against anybody in these playoffs. Personally, I'm pulling for them to get to the Superbowl (again, no disrespect to any of the other teams in tha playoffs).
[/quote]

I also have the up most respect for PNG Purple. One of the best teams we faced. There parents, coaches, and kids were some of the best. Coach you have taken a lot of heat on here, but go out and take care of business Saturday. U sir are a class act! And one of the best coached team we (Lum White) have faced. Playing your team week 7 has help us fix somethings for the playoffs. Good Luck to all the teams this weekend and may GOD Bless us all!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder