Question about PW/JR seeding.

BAM2000

This is copied from stjfl website.

, JR & Pee-wee Division

1st & 2nd place in each division will qualify based on division record (1st & 2nd place teams out of each division). There will be 2 wild card teams. Wild card teams will qualify for the 7 & 8th seed in the playoffs. To qualify as a wild card, the teams with the best overall record in any of the 3 division. There will be a total of 8 teams in junior and pee-wee respectively qualify for the playoffs.

Wild Card qualifications & tie-breakers will be:

Best overall record

Head to head (if teams played)

Points allowed

Coin toss

Seeding tie breakers will be:

Best division record

Best overall record

Points allowed

Coin Toss

From what I read, best overall record should be determined before points allowed, as far as seeding in a division. Can this be explained, (as far as why PNG Purple is seeded above Ned White & Ned White became wildcard and not png purple?)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I was fixing to post this question in the other topic.

With the top 2 in each division #1 thru #6 and the Wild Cards #7 & 8 and you follow their rules for wild card or tie-breakers and seeded tie-breakers... there is no way the seedings can be what they have posted.  

PEEWEE:

For tie-breakers if u look at BOA as 1st tie-breaker then between PNG-P, Ned-W & WOS in Div 1 - this puts PNG-P @ 5-2 (as the wildcard w/Vidor-Blk).

So, Div 1 now has Ned-W/WOS, Div 2 has PNG-W/Ned-Blk & Div 3 has Lumb-W/Vidor-Gld.

For Seeding:

Best Div R for Wildcard teams would put PNG-P @#7 & Vidor-Blk @#8

#1 PNG-W (5-0)

#2 Lumb-W (4-0)

#3,#4 & #5 tie-breaker between 3 teams at 4-1; therefore, u go to Best Overall bet Ned-W (7-1), WOS (7-1) & Ned-Blk (6-1) now u have Ned-Blk @#5.

#3&#4 is tie-breaker between 2 teams @ 7-1 overall so then u go to PA... Ned-W (86) WOS (27)

#3 WOS (4-1)

#4 Ned-W (4-1)

#5 Ned-Blk (4-1)

#6 Vidor-Gld (3-1)

#7 PNG-P (Wildcard)

#8 Vidor-Blk (Wildcard)

That is what I determined by using their rules unless I'm misinterpreting something but if so maybe someone can explain....

Everyone needs to be fairly seeded according to the existing rules. Here is my problem. These teams have already begun preparing for the teams according to the current bracket that is out there. The longer that this question looms, the harder it will be to reshuffle in time for teams to change their entire gameplan. If there is a mistake, this is a bad situation.

Guest bulldawg16

There ongoing communications w/ boardmembers. They used a statement from under the Qualifications for the Senior Division, which says," Non Division games will not count in any tiebreaker scenarious." This wording is not included for the playoff qualifications for the Junior and Pee Wee Divisions. It does seem petty but what's right is right and we all most abide by what's in writing.

Guest bulldawg16

I know Tribesman, this really is an unfortunate circumstance. In my opinion, it's really not about which team we are all preparing for, it's about what's right. Hopefully, we will have some answers soon.

Hopefully before practice this afternoon...That would be nice.

Hey Tribesman can you fill me in is there some meeting taking place, has someone really asked them to reanalyze the schedules and if so would we really know ASAP?

Icewater,

I hate to say too much but I am being told that there are two different criteria being used in this situation. The rules being questioned on this thread are for "playoff seeding tiebreakers". I was told that in the case of WOS,PNG, and Nederland White - that they first had to decide WHO WON THE DIVISION. To do this, because of a three-way tie with 4-1 division records, they used points against to determine the places FOR THE DIVISION. Then proceeded to seed the playoffs. This is what I am being told. I was told that this was questioned at the playoff meeting and that the seeding SHOULD not change before Saturday. Sounds like STJFL is making things too complicated. Just my opinion.

Icewater,

I hate to say too much but I am being told that there are two different criteria being used in this situation. The rules being questioned on this thread are for "playoff seeding tiebreakers". I was told that in the case of WOS,PNG, and Nederland White - that they first had to decide WHO WON THE DIVISION. To do this, because of a three-way tie with 4-1 division records, they used points against to determine the places FOR THE DIVISION. Then proceeded to seed the playoffs. This is what I am being told. I was told that this was questioned at the playoff meeting and that the seeding SHOULD not change before Saturday. Sounds like STJFL is making things too complicated. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info. Tribesman I am one of the coaches and would like to know whats going on so that I can help to prepare my team. It seems to me that what you are saying is that because of the three way tie situation our results were different than those of the other leagues. Does anyone think that the results will change because if not then I will just not worry about it and go with what I know is definite at least for right now! I respect whatever decision they decide because I am new to this so I guess we will just have to wait and see. On one of my earlier posts I mentioned that some silly stuff took place at the meeting and some guy jumped on my back about how I didn't know crap, well this is exactly what I was referring too, it's funny how now that this has raised some attention,  others see now that it is something that needs to be looked at, I just hope that all are satisfied with the outcome, so good luck folks!

Only thing needed to be done is move NED WHITE to #4, Ned Blk to #5 Vidor Gold #6. PNG P #7, vidor blk #8. All the switch would do is move png p to the 10:30 game vs Lumb W and move Ned White to the 1:30 vs Ned Blk game. It would only affect

Ned White. Lumb White. Nederland Blk. PNG Purple.

Only thing needed to be done is move NED WHITE to #4, Ned Blk to #5 Vidor Gold #6. PNG P #7, vidor blk #8. All the switch would do is move png p to the 10:30 game vs Lumb W and move Ned White to the 1:30 vs Ned Blk game. It would only affect

Cool with me, just can't wait to find out because if things change then we have work to do! I have to get my team ready ! I love FOOTBALL!

p.s. By the way if you guys don't mind giving up info. did anyone else play football on here, I played for W.O.S. and graduated in 98' we were 12-1 my senior year after losing to those rascals from lamarque. I then played center for S.F.A. up in nacogdoches, and loved every minute of it!

Cool with me, just can't wait to find out because if things change then we have work to do! I have to get my team ready ! I love FOOTBALL!

p.s. By the way if you guys don't mind giving up info. did anyone else play football on here, I played for W.O.S. and graduated in 98' we were 12-1 my senior year after losing to those rascals from lamarque. I then played center for S.F.A. up in nacogdoches, and loved every minute of it!

Played for West Brook and graduated in 92'. My senior year we went to West Orange when ya'll we're ranked #1 in 4A and put a Beaumont beat down on ya'll 35-7 I think was the score ;D We went 10-0 that year and lost to Aldine Macarthur in the playoffs.

Played for West Brook and graduated in 92'. My senior year we went to West Orange when ya'll we're ranked #1 in 4A and put a Beaumont beat down on ya'll 35-7 I think was the score Grin We went 10-0 that year and lost to Aldine Macarthur in the playoffs

I heard about that game from some of my buddies that played that year they said that you guys were for real. What happened though was Macarthur really that coldblooded!

Guest bulldawg16

Ok, I know everyone is waiting to hear, but I just heard that the STJFL board denied the appeal for Ned White to be moved to #4 seed. They relied on the documentation on the website, which is misleading. Ned White is not pleased w/ the outcome, but kuddos to the board for discussing this and giving an immediate response. Now, let's get ready for another weekend of football. Good Luck to everyone in the playoffs!!

Ok, I know everyone is waiting to hear, but I just heard that the STJFL board denied the appeal for Ned White to be moved to #4 seed. They relied on the documentation on the website, which is misleading. Ned White is not pleased w/ the outcome, but kuddos to the board for discussing this and giving an immediate response. Now, let's get ready for another weekend of football. Good Luck to everyone in the playoffs!!

Well if they are going to stick with that then is Vidor-Black really the #8 Wildcard? It could've possibly been BC or Kountze.... V-Blk was 2-3 & BC/K were 2-2....

Junior: Is Ned-W really the #8 Wildcard? LCM/WOS-Blue/Vidor-W were 3-2 & Ned-W was 2-2....

Guest bulldawg16

Sorry to confuse everyone, but apparently this issue is still being discussed by the STJFL board. I am in information overload w/ all of this mess.

Played for West Brook and graduated in 92'. My senior year we went to West Orange when ya'll we're ranked #1 in 4A and put a Beaumont beat down on ya'll 35-7 I think was the score Grin We went 10-0 that year and lost to Aldine Macarthur in the playoffs

I heard about that game from some of my buddies that played that year they said that you guys were for real. What happened though was Macarthur really that coldblooded!

I played in '96 WOS was always a dominant team as they are still today.  Don't recall the score but know yall beat us

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder