Question about PW/JR seeding.

BAM2000

Yes, Brubaker, I do believe there is money at stake.  As far as I see the playoff rules if there is a tie breaker you go to over all record then points scored, then to coin toss. I really doubt that png purple coaches where concerned for the young WOS players not getting their 10 plays, they were just looking for a win anyway they could get it.  I know for a fact that someone had warned them that WOS were not playing all their players so they were watching for that. Now some say all this back and fourth is for the coaches and parents to have their team look better and the kids don't even care, well,the kids are too young to understand how playoffs are decided all they know is to get to the playoffs you have to go out and win each game. That is exactly what NED WHITE young ones did, they got out there and won every game up to the last one and that was supposely the game of the week to watch--two of the top teams going head to head.  How can a team that beat Vidor Gold by 20points be ranked #7 and Vidor #6 the beat Png Purple by 11pts and have Png #5.  Makes no sense! These kids don't understand all this so thats why coaches and parents are fighting for whats right for them---THEY DID THEIR PART!!  Hopefully the board will now do their part for them.  If not it just makes it fitting the SB is at the reservation. Just  Look at 3 of these different records 7-1, 5-2, and 4-3 now place those teams in order

Before you read this I am stating that this is no excuse or crying because I know that some silly people will want to attack this post just because that is their nature. I am merely about to tell what our side of the story is so that you fellow friends can have some insight !!!!

Now listen up very carefully, I totally respect the PNG PURPLE coaches they were very cool and upstanding coaches, we even talked after the game was over and everything was left on a good note. My head coach and I made a mistake, and people make mistakes everyday. This is in no way disrespect to the coaches but an angry mom and some of her whatever you want to call them, began to scream and rant that they thought her son was not being played. The other moms and dads asked her did they see him recover the onside kick and that he had been in the game, well I am not sure what they were watching but the kid did play his plays. Instead of reason they lost their tempers and began to inform the other coaches that we were not playing our players and that is how the mpr issue came about.      

Now once again the game was super intense because PNG played a heck of a game and as were subbing our kids in and out, our children have a tendency to play with water bottles and chill on the bench and do other silly things that 7 year olds do, somehow one of our players was overlooked, now I am telling you this because we are not liars or cheaters but CHRISTIANS that believe in the word, after the game this was realized and my head coach being a great guy, told the truth and so we had to forfeit. That kid was apologized too about 8 million times and I even went and apologized to the other coaches and you can ask them, I am here for the kids and I love this game and my son, who plays for me. The following week and ever since then that kid that was overlooked has been a starter and he has done a great job.

Now I am not stating this as an excuse but I just wanted the posters on here to know what happened. I do not fault the PNG coaches for what they did because fair is fair and I want all to know that WOS does not cheat or mistreat our children. I hate that because of our mistake, controversy has  been created and we apologize to all of the teams that this has affected, my head coach is an awesome guy and he and I are best friends, between the two of us we have 7 kids that are always together and growing up in a fun atmosphere the way that kids are supposed to we have very supportive wives that have also been affected by this but have stood by our side the entire time so to them I say thank you also.

To finish this long story the only sad thing is that instead of reconciling, the kid that was thought to not have played was forced to quit so in other words the parent that accused us of not playing him his plays, then decided to not let him play anymore which makes NO SENSE AT ALL! So I hope this kinda tells our side of the story and once again the PNG coaches are cool guys and we respect them fully as well as everyone else in the league so once again good luck and as my Pee Wee teams motto goes "NO FIRST DOWNS"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with PNG White and we'll play whoever, it sounds to me like some of you are scared to play each other ;D We play whoever whenever. If your teams are really that good then it shouldn't matter, let's just play. Ya'll act like we have some inside track or something. Good luck to all teams this weekend and Scalp'em.

Really ,,, ???  I would put that right back @ you !!! The way this is set up ,, PNG (white) gets the real advantage here !!!  LOL  SRY Im sure you will take offense ,,, none really intended but come on be real!!  I know our team is'nt scared to play anyone , if NED was moved to #4 we still play WOS hey thats great I want to see that rematch very badly !!!  If you really want to play anyone , than support NED (white) and step up to playing 1 of the top teams to GET TO THE SB ,, not wait and play a top team in the SB !!!    Im sry but im surprised that all of the coaches are'nt  supporting NED(white)

Guest bulldawg16

We get it, the board has used these same guidlines for years, BUT has this exact scenario (a 3 way tie for 1st place; w/ a forfeit issue, each of the 3 top teams beat each other,etc). NO!!! The guidelines are not clear, but we now see how they were utilized. Let's say the forfeit issue did not exist and same scenario on head to head, points against are factored...Everyone would be fine, points figured, document clarified and we are done w/ this issue... But when you find out that the forfeit was the issue that fuels the fire b/c we all knew this would effect the playoffs, were assured that it wouldn't but it has....Our parents had questions about the issue, so we pulled the documents from the website to try and explain to our parents, we disagreed, so it was brought to the board.. Every parent and coach pays for their kids to be a part of the association, so I believe they are entitled to dispute an issue..This is not two coaches disputing the issue, it's parents from a team of 20 kids, who have paid their fair share of time and money into this organization for the last 3 months, no they have not spent countless hours like our board has, but when people get a bad taste in their mouth there is a chance that they will not return and want our parents and children to end their season pleased and eager for next year..This is a great organization for our children, I know that, but there are a lot of people out there that do not agree b/c of things they hear... People are just voicing their opinions about the situation (for or against) isn't what these forums are about (youth sports,rules,etc). Really, we should get a life. Some people spend hours everyday all year, jumping from post to post cyber-bullying :)

I'm with PNG White and we'll play whoever, it sounds to me like some of you are scared to play each other ;D We play whoever whenever. If your teams are really that good then it shouldn't matter, let's just play. Ya'll act like we have some inside track or something. Good luck to all teams this weekend and Scalp'em.

Really ,,, ???  I would put that right back @ you !!! The way this is set up ,, PNG (white) gets the real advantage here !!!  LOL  SRY Im sure you will take offense ,,, none really intended but come on be real!!  I know our team is'nt scared to play anyone , if NED was moved to #4 we still play WOS hey thats great I want to see that rematch very badly !!!  If you really want to play anyone , than support NED (white) and step up to playing 1 of the top teams to GET TO THE SB ,, not wait and play a top team in the SB !!!    Im sry but im surprised that all of the coaches are'nt  supporting NED(white)

Hey come on now, we support you guys, whatever is fair needs to be changed and at the same time whatever the board decides we will have to trust their decision and roll with it!

It's sad Lumberton White had one less game but they were still 8-0 or 4-0 in conference. Don't know how PNG White is seeded before them except that they had to play one more game.  So in a way I understand that seeding process a lil more then the PNG Purple seeding.  There is no way Purple should be #5!!!!!!!!! And if it goes by games less played why again would Ned Black be #4 and Ned White be #7----Ned Black record 6-1 and conference 4-1  Ned White 7-1 and conference 4-1.

For the posters who are saying  THESE KIDS DON"T KNOW OR CARE !!!!  Does anyone on here really need a reminder of what a post game huddle is like after loosing in the playoffs or worse the SB !!!  As a parent of a LUM (white) return player from 08 ,,, I have that picture very clear in my mind !!!  I know that from the start of this year all the way through , these kids were playing the games they were given sure , but all they talked about is WOS ,, WOS ,, WOS ,      They go into this expecting that if they work hard and play hard ,, win thier games they are gona get thier chance !!!!    PLEASE DON"T TELL ME THESE KIDS DON"T CARE WHO THEY PLAY OR DON"T KNOW HOW IT"S SUPPOSED TO WORK!!!

Really ,,, ???  I would put that right back @ you !!! The way this is set up ,, PNG (white) gets the real advantage here !!!  LOL  SRY Im sure you will take offense ,,, none really intended but come on be real!!  I know our team is'nt scared to play anyone , if NED was moved to #4 we still play WOS hey thats great I want to see that rematch very badly !!!  If you really want to play anyone , than support NED (white) and step up to playing 1 of the top teams to GET TO THE SB ,, not wait and play a top team in the SB !!!    Im sry but im surprised that all of the coaches are'nt  supporting NED(white)

Hey come on now, we support you guys, whatever is fair needs to be changed and at the same time whatever the board decides we will have to trust their decision and roll with it!

ICEWATER ,, I agree , in the end we will all PLAY THE GAME !!!!  I don't think there is anything wrong with having an inteligent debate about it though , if nothing else maybe they will get it right in the future , If people don't speak up , it never gets fixed !!!!  HEY I"VE BEEN HOPING FOR A REMATCH WITH YOUR TEAM ALL YR ,,,,,  WAS JUST HOPING IT WOULD BE IN THE SB !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Guest bulldawg16

L-Train, they don't want to debate the issue b/c it messes up their game plan...They just want to post intimidating commentd to try and shut everyone up, BUT THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! If you don't like the debate, stay off of this post..

L-Train, they don't want to debate the issue b/c it messes up their game plan...They just want to post intimidating commentd to try and shut everyone up, BUT THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! If you don't like the debate, stay off of this post..

Well , Im not a coach , Im just a parent and fan,, but you have my support !!!  Eigther way when sat comes around ,, to be honest I can't wait

LUM(white) and NED (white) is gona be a great game !!! I expect it will be one heck of a show and be a very close game , I expect whoever is gona work the chains had better have alot of carbs before the game because they gona get a workout !!  I've never actually seen the registration form myself so , I did'nt even know I could've signed up to be a coach , So I won't get to shake your hand on game day ,,  BUT  GOOD LUCK !!! Maybe next year I'll be able to!!

Really ,,, ???  I would put that right back @ you !!! The way this is set up ,, PNG (white) gets the real advantage here !!!  LOL  SRY Im sure you will take offense ,,, none really intended but come on be real!!  I know our team is'nt scared to play anyone , if NED was moved to #4 we still play WOS hey thats great I want to see that rematch very badly !!!  If you really want to play anyone , than support NED (white) and step up to playing 1 of the top teams to GET TO THE SB ,, not wait and play a top team in the SB !!!    Im sry but im surprised that all of the coaches are'nt  supporting NED(white)

I am with the PNG purple team. There are a couple of things being discussed that really bother me. First of all, TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT ! At this point if you overturn a possible mistake by the board, then you force teams that have prepared for two practices for one team to totally change their gameplans to play another and confuse the kids. If it is indeed ABOUT THE KIDS, then this is wrong. Second, alot of you are saying how much this "benefits the PNG teams". If you have followed the league at all, that is a pretty ridiculous statement. Yes, we did lose to Ned. White early in the year, 33-20. We fell behind immediately on a blown call when the officials let one of their kids advance the opening kickoff for a score and then a two point conversion on an illegal formation. We have been wanting another crack at Ned. White since the minute that we walked off the field. We have played Lumberton White and we lost 14-0. Played hard and moved the ball, but had a couple of opportunities slip away. We were excited when we thought we would get another shot at them. Then I remind you, went to WOS and lost 13-6. This is the same WOS team that just beat Ned. White 35-7. We know exactly what PNG white does so when I say that they would much rather play Ned. White in their bracket, I am telling the truth. Just ask them. Guys, you have to beat the best teams to win it all anyway. I personally don't care who we play, as long as I can prepare my kids to play to the best of their abilities. I will argue with anyone that we played the toughest schedule in the league (Lum. white 8-0, Ned. white 7-1, WOS 7-1) so I am not ashamed at where we are seeded and wherever we end up, we will come to play. Some of you should ask yourself that if you played our schedule, reallistically where would you be at this point ? I think scheduling plays a large part in some of these issues that we are having. We need to find a better way to even up the schedules and make sure that everyone plays the same amount of divisional games ! Sorry about the rant but I feel like I should defend our team against some of you that think we are getting "some sort of gift". No offense to anybody mentioned above, just trying to make a case. All eight teams in the playoffs are GOOD TEAMS.

Look, I'm not the head coach, but one of the coaches, and what I think is unfair is how people are on here saying we had something to do with this mess. We are just playing who they give us. People are bashing us for getting the #1 seed and everything else, who cares because in the end the two best teams play for the Super Bowl. This is all being taken way too serious. Maybe they should just take the playoffs away and some of this would stop. I support Ned White and feel they should be seeded higher, but that doesn't over turn the decision. My comment was inteneded for people that say we have a easy way to the Super Bowl. We picked to play WOS first game of the year when nobody else wanted to play them. That's what I meant by we will play anybody.  Also, I don't think you can predict how good a team is going to be before the season so if you get in a division where the teams aren't as good as the other division, it's not that teams fault. I do think that in the future, everyone needs to play the same amount of conference games if this is how seeding is done.

Guest bulldawg16

Great points!! BUT we can prepare for a team all week, as we did last week and when the game starts your entire game plan changes. Points from one game to the next is not always the best scenario to use when preparing for a team from week to week. I wish you all good luck and sorry, that your team has to be used as an example over and over, you and I both know the board is made up of individuals from every division, w/ the President being from Nederland. The board is debating the issue and I believe they will make the right decision.

Guest bulldawg16

Oh and for the 2 wrongs don't make a wright situation. Purple is not the only team preparing for a game on Sat. Heck if things are changed, we have to play a team from Ned, BUT if that's the price to pay for making things right, so be it. Purple is the only team concerned about WHO they are preparing to play. No disrespect, just making a point. Teams from all other areas that have posted on this issue agree w/ Ned White. AND if you really think you can beat us the 2nd time around, I really hope they make the change ;) ;) J/K

Oh and for the 2 wrongs don't make a wright situation. Purple is not the only team preparing for a game on Sat. Heck if things are changed, we have to play a team from Ned, BUT if that's the price to pay for making things right, so be it. Purple is the only team concerned about WHO they are preparing to play. No disrespect, just making a point. Teams from all other areas that have posted on this issue agree w/ Ned White. AND if you really think you can beat us the 2nd time around, I really hope they make the change ;) ;) J/K

We put a tremendous amount of time and preparation into getting our team ready each week. You haven't played Lumberton White, so you haven't had to prepare for the "squat and shoot" offense that they run. We change our entire defensive scheme and gameplan when we play this offense. So yes, we are very concerned about who we are preparing to play and I do not feel that it is right , at this point in the week , to change things. On a side note, if it were me in your position, I would be upset also. But, I would not be fighting to play a game against another team from PNGYFA in the first round !  Who knows, if we both hold our breath, we may get that rematch !  ;)

I salute all board members and coaches for there hard work and many hours that they put into this league. I do not think that 7 and 8 year old kids care who they play. I know my grandson who is on Nederland White Peewee is happy to be in the playoffs. By the way WOS and PNG White look like the best teams in the league.

So I hope this kinda tells our side of the story and once again the PNG coaches are cool guys and we respect them fully as well as everyone else in the league so once again good luck and as my Pee Wee teams motto goes "NO FIRST DOWNS"

Hey Icewater, we have a motto as well "Bring the PAIN"  ;D

I like that motto, you know one of the main things about this league is finding a way to inspire the kids ya know. I love to get them fired up and it makes me proud when i holler out what's our motto and they yell back "NO FIRST DOWNS" I didn't get the chance to play lil league football and I wish that I did because this is fun for me and my kids love it. Everyday they can't wait toask me "coach can we hit hit today" they love to smash each other and see who can run over who, if that doesn't get you excited as a coach then I don't know what will.

I am with the PNG purple team. There are a couple of things being discussed that really bother me. First of all, TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT ! At this point if you overturn a possible mistake by the board, then you force teams that have prepared for two practices for one team to totally change their gameplans to play another and confuse the kids. If it is indeed ABOUT THE KIDS, then this is wrong. Second, alot of you are saying how much this "benefits the PNG teams". If you have followed the league at all, that is a pretty ridiculous statement. Yes, we did lose to Ned. White early in the year, 33-20. We fell behind immediately on a blown call when the officials let one of their kids advance the opening kickoff for a score and then a two point conversion on an illegal formation. We have been wanting another crack at Ned. White since the minute that we walked off the field. We have played Lumberton White and we lost 14-0. Played hard and moved the ball, but had a couple of opportunities slip away. We were excited when we thought we would get another shot at them. Then I remind you, went to WOS and lost 13-6. This is the same WOS team that just beat Ned. White 35-7. We know exactly what PNG white does so when I say that they would much rather play Ned. White in their bracket, I am telling the truth. Just ask them. Guys, you have to beat the best teams to win it all anyway. I personally don't care who we play, as long as I can prepare my kids to play to the best of their abilities. I will argue with anyone that we played the toughest schedule in the league (Lum. white 8-0, Ned. white 7-1, WOS 7-1) so I am not ashamed at where we are seeded and wherever we end up, we will come to play. Some of you should ask yourself that if you played our schedule, reallistically where would you be at this point ? I think scheduling plays a large part in some of these issues that we are having. We need to find a better way to even up the schedules and make sure that everyone plays the same amount of divisional games ! Sorry about the rant but I feel like I should defend our team against some of you that think we are getting "some sort of gift". No offense to anybody mentioned above, just trying to make a case. All eight teams in the playoffs are GOOD TEAMS.

You guys are a good team but do not stand a chance against Ned White.  We let the score get to that by playing kids in postion that they would never play.  We could have blown it wide open but kept sportmanship in mind.  We let one player that ways 50 pounds run the ball at least 5 times.  So if you want another crack at us I can set up a scrimmage before playoffs(NO PROBLEM)  :)

Guest bulldawg16

Heard directly from a WOS coaches mouth, they had 4 starters out sick when they played PNG (never confirmed if he was referring to Purple or White, got caught up in the conversation) Just thought I would help you out a little, so you will be prepared :)

Heard directly from a WOS coaches mouth, they had 4 starters out sick when they played PNG (never confirmed if he was referring to Purple or White, got caught up in the conversation) Just thought I would help you out a little, so you will be prepared :)

That was PNG Purple during the time everyone was sick around the league. PNG White played them first game of the year.

You guys are a good team but do not stand a chance against Ned White.   We let the score get to that by playing kids in postion that they would never play.  We could have blown it wide open but kept sportmanship in mind.  We let one player that ways 50 pounds run the ball at least 5 times.  So if you want another crack at us I can set up a scrimmage before playoffs(NO PROBLEM)  :)

Wow. I never expected such a dilusional response. I thought that you guys had enough sense to be rational about the strength of your team and your strength of schedule. Guess I was way off. The comment about the fact that you could have run up the score is pretty hilarious. Take away the first 8 points that you were spotted, and it's a whole different ball game. As for the comments about the WOS game, it is funny that I have spoken with the coaches on numerous occasions and this was never mentioned about kids missing the game. I was trying to be rational about this whole deal and sympathize with your issue, but you couldn't handle that. I have seen all of the playoff teams and believe me, I have realistic goals. Lumberton White, PNG White, and WOS are at an entirely different level than the rest of the field. That being said, make the most out of your "one and out" playoff appearance. I am not going to get into the "I am better than you, we could have blown it wide open " game. I just stated that we would LOVE another shot without having to play from behind because an official doesn't know the rules ! Now we have a thread about the playoff situation turned into a Ned. White is better than PNG purple thread. Amazing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder