Silsbee vs *Orangefield Predictions?

CATS80

Guest rykerx144

I think the weather conditions limits Silsbees big play opportunities and they have problems spreading it out and OF does have success running the ball and keeps it close but Silsbee's JJ has enough at the end for a big play and Silsbee wins by less than 6 in the fourth. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

I figured with the fields already in bad shape and the rain we get this week could leave them playing in muddy or very soft fields.  Besides I thought we had a chance of rain going into friday as well.  But hey if you trust the local weather man, I guess I will too!  ;D ;D ;)

You've seen us play redbird?  Not sure how well we will stop Silsbee, other than keeping their offense off the field.  HJ really didn't stop us, but they won.  Ball control, ball control, ball control.....

How many 4th downs were stopped?  3 that I know of.... 

We had more first downs, 20, and more yards.  Generally speaking, we stopped ourselves as much as HJ stopped us.  I did think HJ played us better on defense than anyone so far.  But to say HJ stopped us would be a little stretch.

Stopped when it counted thats all that matters. PS yall have good team

Should OF upset Silsbee, it would put a damper on HJ and BC's hopes for a three-way tie for 3rd with OF.  I don't think an upset will happen, but it's certainly possible if Silsbee doesn't hit hard and often. 

it'd just mean that BC and HJ would have to work that much harder to get into the playoffs!

this friday will be interesting!!

Acutually if OF beats Silsbee they would still have to beat WOS and BC to get in.... Because BC has already beat HJ.

Not true.  In your incorrect scenario, then OF would have beaten Silsbee, WOS, BC, and HF and finish 4-1 (only loss to HJ). 

The truth is if OF loses to Silsbee and WOS and then beats BC, they will finish 2-3. 

HJ will beat HF and then lose to WOS and Silsbee and also finish 2-3. 

BC will also be 2-3 after beating HJ and HF but losing to WOS, Silsbee, and OF (yes, OF will beat BC). 

Thus, the very probable three way tie for 3rd.  Then the question...how does the district figure out who gets the 3rd playoff spot?

Acutually if OF beats Silsbee they would still have to beat WOS and BC to get in.... Because BC has already beat HJ.

Not true.  In your incorrect scenario, then OF would have beaten Silsbee, WOS, BC, and HF and finish 4-1 (only loss to HJ). 

The truth is if OF loses to Silsbee and WOS and then beats BC, they will finish 2-3. 

BC will also be 2-3 after beating HJ and HF but losing to WOS, Silsbee, and OF (yes, OF will beat BC). 

Thus, the very probable three way tie for 3rd.  Then the question...how does the district figure out who gets the 3rd playoff spot?

OF's defense cannot hold BC's run game then that will just open up their passing game even more. mark it down that bc ill beat OF by 2 td's

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="682443" timestamp="1256159794"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=60955.msg682208#msg682208 date=1256143142]
[/quote]

[b]Not true[/b].  In your incorrect scenario, then OF would have beaten Silsbee, WOS, BC, and HF and finish 4-1 (only loss to HJ).  

BC will also be 2-3 after beating HJ and HF but losing to WOS, Silsbee, and OF (yes, OF [b]will[/b] beat BC).  
Thus, the very probable three way tie for 3rd.  Then the question...how does the district figure out who gets the 3rd playoff spot?
[/quote]

In the case of a three way tie where each team defeated the other once, then it goes to a point system. The points stand as follows:

BC +10 (1 game)
HJ -3 (2 games, finished)
OF -7 (1 game)

If Silsbee and WOS win out, and HF does not win a game, then OF will need to defeat BC by 9 or more points in their district game to grab that 3rd spot. A BC win or loss by less than 9 points, and the Cards will get 3rd place. The only way HJ can get in is for them to defeat Silsbee or WOS or have HF upset BC. They will not finish ahead of BC or OF in the point tie breaker.

I think that the key to Silsbee winning the games they have this year has been their defense.  I think their defense is getting over-looked.  The tigers have a defense that keeps games close and then Johnson makes a few amazing plays to put them ahead.  Silsbee wins and loses according to how their defense plays.  They forced Newton and WOS to throw the ball in order to beat them.  Wos couldnt get it done, Newton did.  They dont give up much on the ground, so I wouldnt put any money on Orangefield pulling off the upset.

[quote name="Sloe" post="682683" timestamp="1256177693"]
don't sell HJ short on beating WOS or Silsbee. Might happen you never know
[/quote]

HJ has a chance to beat WOS or Silsbee, but OF and BC didn't and dont have a chance to?
you and skipper must be together tonight!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami