Silsbee vs *Orangefield Predictions?

CATS80

[quote name="Headliner1" post="682726" timestamp="1256179820"]
I think that the key to Silsbee winning the games they have this year has been their defense.  I think their defense is getting over-looked.  The tigers have a defense that keeps games close and then Johnson makes a few amazing plays to put them ahead.  Silsbee wins and loses according to how their defense plays.  They forced Newton and WOS to throw the ball in order to beat them.  Wos couldnt get it done, Newton did.  They dont give up much on the ground, so I wouldnt put any money on Orangefield pulling off the upset.
[/quote]The old saying is Offense wins ball games and Defense wins championships. If our defense continues to play the way they have, we will go deep into the playoffs. I am proud of the way our team has stuck together through adversity. Go Tigers!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="bobcat4life" post="682992" timestamp="1256226626"]
Yea, it is raining like a cow urinating on a flat rock here in OF... I hear the volunteer fire department may soak it some more tomorrow... looking good..  :)
[/quote]

This doesn't scare our Tigers, they held WOS to under 100 yrds offense on an extremely wet field......

GO TIGERS!

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="BKJ85" post="682972" timestamp="1256225209"]
[quote author=Headliner1 link=topic=60955.msg682726#msg682726 date=1256179820]
I think that the key to Silsbee winning the games they have this year has been their defense.  I think their defense is getting over-looked.  The tigers have a defense that keeps games close and then Johnson makes a few amazing plays to put them ahead.  Silsbee wins and loses according to how their defense plays.  They forced Newton and WOS to throw the ball in order to beat them.  Wos couldnt get it done, Newton did.  They dont give up much on the ground, so I wouldnt put any money on Orangefield pulling off the upset.
[/quote]The old saying is Offense wins ball games and Defense wins championships. If our defense continues to play the way they have, we will go deep into the playoffs. I am proud of the way our team has stuck together through adversity. Go Tigers!
[/quote]

What adversity are you speaking of?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BKJ85" post="682972" timestamp="1256225209"]
[/quote]

"...go deep into the playoffs."  Oh my, we are getting way ahead of ourselves and our schedule! :o

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="683045" timestamp="1256229291"]
88, I believe he is speaking of starting out the season 1-4 with one of those losses an embarrassing one to Diboll, which I believe is their only win thus far.
[/quote]

I see!!!

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="683041" timestamp="1256228913"]
[quote author=BKJ85 link=topic=60955.msg682972#msg682972 date=1256225209]
[/quote]

[/quote]Four losses in a row

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="BKJ85" post="683314" timestamp="1256248324"]
[quote author=Silsbee88 link=topic=60955.msg683041#msg683041 date=1256228913]
[quote author=BKJ85 link=topic=60955.msg682972#msg682972 date=1256225209]
[/quote]

[/quote]Four losses in a row

[/quote]

Agreed, two of those last minute heartbreakers!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bobcat4life" post="681314" timestamp="1256047868"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=60955.msg681309#msg681309 date=1256047374]
[quote author=bobcat4life link=topic=60955.msg681296#msg681296 date=1256046649]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=60955.msg680748#msg680748 date=1255992961]
[quote author=RedBird5 link=topic=60955.msg680747#msg680747 date=1255992199]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=60955.msg680740#msg680740 date=1255991487]
[quote author=bobcat4life link=topic=60955.msg680721#msg680721 date=1255989857]
You've seen us play redbird?  Not sure how well we will stop Silsbee, other than keeping their offense off the field.  HJ really didn't stop us, but they won.  Ball control, ball control, ball control.....
[/quote]

their defense is pathetic and can be scored on at will, and if you stop their running game they have NOTHING!
[/quote]
Who?
[/quote]

orangefield
[/quote]

awe venom, did you get your feelings hurt cuz I picked BC over ya'll?  Now you come on here and say we are "pathetic" poor WOS fans, they finally have a year where they aren't demolishing everyone and if anyone says anything at all about them losing, (doesn't have to be anything negative like, "ya'lls defense is pathetic") and they get all sensitive...
[/quote]

kinda  :'(  :'( :'(

you know its true though! i posted two things, your defense is pathetic and your offense is one dimensional and you chose one out of the two to discuss? have you guys given up a ton of points? is your offense one dimensional? if a team stops your run game they stop your entire offense, and you know its true! your running game is incredible no doubt, but stop it and the cats are done!
[/quote]

Venom, we have 6-7 kids that have run the ball for in excess of 100 yards this year.  I think it was Daryl Royal who said, when you pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad, so I'll stick to running the ball.  That is the philosophy in OF.  I personally would like to see us pass more, but hey, I am not the coach, and I am thankful for it.  I will tell you this, I respect WOS and all that they have accomplished in football over the years and no matter what, I won't be calling them "pathetic" about anything.... We here at OF have had several years of really poor efforts, mainly from the adults in the program, imo, so if we tend to get a little excited (finally) cut us some slack :)
[/quote]

Kiss!  There's a karma smack for you bobcat4life.  Well spoken.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="rykerx144" post="681692" timestamp="1256083242"]
I figured with the fields already in bad shape and the rain we get this week could leave them playing in muddy or very soft fields.  Besides I thought we had a chance of rain going into friday as well.  But hey if you trust the local weather man, I guess I will too!  ;D ;D ;)
[/quote]

Having trouble with your weather man?  Check out Melanson. ;D ;D 8)

Silsbee played us better than anyone all year long.  I'm not sure how they have lost the games they have, especially against Diaboll.  Since we played Newton, I can say that there is no question I would take Silsbee's team hands down over Newton's (and that is no slap on Newton, they are dang good).  By far the best defensive effort I have seen against OF.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami