Silsbee vs *Orangefield Predictions?

CATS80

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Silsbee88

i think Silsbee will be OF by atleast 2 possesions...

but i hope OF can beat them.

Why 33, because you are going to get it handed to you this week?

that has nothing to do with anything... but if you wanna talk trash about BC and WOS take it to the appropriate thread and i will talk all you want...

now, the reason i want OF to win is because they live down the street from BC

it's kinda like a brother thing

you want your brother to do good vs everyone, but when you play them you're going to try your best to show them up!

Don't come in here and comment if you don't want anything back....and YOU will NEVER tell me where to post.  Keep rooting for your cards.

You've seen us play redbird?  Not sure how well we will stop Silsbee, other than keeping their offense off the field.  HJ really didn't stop us, but they won.  Ball control, ball control, ball control.....

their defense is pathetic and can be scored on at will, and if you stop their running game they have NOTHING!

You've seen us play redbird?  Not sure how well we will stop Silsbee, other than keeping their offense off the field.  HJ really didn't stop us, but they won.  Ball control, ball control, ball control.....

their defense is pathetic and can be scored on at will, and if you stop their running game they have NOTHING!

Who?

Who?

orangefield

Guest bleed orange

i think Silsbee will be OF by atleast 2 possesions...

but i hope OF can beat them.

Why 33, because you are going to get it handed to you this week?

that has nothing to do with anything... but if you wanna talk trash about BC and WOS take it to the appropriate thread and i will talk all you want...

now, the reason i want OF to win is because they live down the street from BC

it's kinda like a brother thing

you want your brother to do good vs everyone, but when you play them you're going to try your best to show them up!

Some + karma for you 33. :D

Guest bleed orange

"Pathetic" is a little strong Venom33. That will change, we now have a coach that believes in fundamentals. Something we lacked in the past years. Rome was not built in a day.

"Pathetic" is a little strong Venom33. That will change, we now have a coach that believes in fundamentals. Something we lacked in the past years. Rome was not built in a day.

OF is just like vidor. stack 10 men in the box and they dont have anything else. because they cannot pass at all. i predict the score to be 35 to 7 just like png and vidor!

Guest bleed orange

OF is just like vidor. stack 10 men in the box and they dont have anything else. because they cannot pass at all. i predict the score to be 35 to 7 just like png and vidor!

Just about every team we have played has put 10 men in the box. Does not really mean anything. You still have to make the plays. I guess we will see.

don't get too cocky that wing T is hard too stop

Who?

orangefield

awe venom, did you get your feelings hurt cuz I picked BC over ya'll?  Now you come on here and say we are "pathetic" poor WOS fans, they finally have a year where they aren't demolishing everyone and if anyone says anything at all about them losing, (doesn't have to be anything negative like, "ya'lls defense is pathetic") and they get all sensitive...

Our defense must get better and we know that...someone smart said Rome wasn't built in a day...we know that. But to say that we're a one dimensional team on offense is kind of misleading. We haven't had to throw the ball all year!!! We can throw it around and we did the other night. Now if your referring to the end of the game when everyone in the house knew we had to throw it, well yea, it didn't work out to well. Just keeping thinking we can't throw it and we'll burn ya...we kind of lull people to sleep with our offense and then hit you with the big pass play!!!

How many 4th downs were stopped?  3 that I know of.... 

We had more first downs, 20, and more yards.  Generally speaking, we stopped ourselves as much as HJ stopped us.  I did think HJ played us better on defense than anyone so far.  But to say HJ stopped us would be a little stretch.

Attention Orangefield fans.....have you noticed that the Silsbee posters are not talking smack about Orangefield?  I see Orangefield as greatly improved on both sides of the ball.  They play with heart and are disciplined as all get out.  Orangefield put up.....how many on Newton?  I believe that this game will be a good one.  Im looking forward to Fri night........  You are not overlooked.  ;)

You've seen us play redbird?  Not sure how well we will stop Silsbee, other than keeping their offense off the field.  HJ really didn't stop us, but they won.  Ball control, ball control, ball control.....

Who?

orangefield

awe venom, did you get your feelings hurt cuz I picked BC over ya'll?  Now you come on here and say we are "pathetic" poor WOS fans, they finally have a year where they aren't demolishing everyone and if anyone says anything at all about them losing, (doesn't have to be anything negative like, "ya'lls defense is pathetic") and they get all sensitive...

kinda  :'(  :'( :'(

you know its true though! i posted two things, your defense is pathetic and your offense is one dimensional and you chose one out of the two to discuss? have you guys given up a ton of points? is your offense one dimensional? if a team stops your run game they stop your entire offense, and you know its true! your running game is incredible no doubt, but stop it and the cats are done!

You've seen us play redbird?  Not sure how well we will stop Silsbee, other than keeping their offense off the field.  HJ really didn't stop us, but they won.  Ball control, ball control, ball control.....

Who?

orangefield

awe venom, did you get your feelings hurt cuz I picked BC over ya'll?  Now you come on here and say we are "pathetic" poor WOS fans, they finally have a year where they aren't demolishing everyone and if anyone says anything at all about them losing, (doesn't have to be anything negative like, "ya'lls defense is pathetic") and they get all sensitive...

kinda  :'(  :'( :'(

you know its true though! i posted two things, your defense is pathetic and your offense is one dimensional and you chose one out of the two to discuss? have you guys given up a ton of points? is your offense one dimensional? if a team stops your run game they stop your entire offense, and you know its true! your running game is incredible no doubt, but stop it and the cats are done!

Venom, we have 6-7 kids that have run the ball for in excess of 100 yards this year.  I think it was Daryl Royal who said, when you pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad, so I'll stick to running the ball.  That is the philosophy in OF.  I personally would like to see us pass more, but hey, I am not the coach, and I am thankful for it.  I will tell you this, I respect WOS and all that they have accomplished in football over the years and no matter what, I won't be calling them "pathetic" about anything.... We here at OF have had several years of really poor efforts, mainly from the adults in the program, imo, so if we tend to get a little excited (finally) cut us some slack :)

Orangefield is a much improved team, probably the most improved in SE Texas.  That goes to show you what a new coach, who brings belief and discipline can do.  That being said I don't think they will beat Silsbee.  Not that Silsbee is a great team, or even shows up to play their best week in, week out, but I don't think Orangefield can stop them.

The Silsbee defense vs. the Orangefield offense will determine the game.  Can Orangefield score enough to stay in the game is the question.  Up to this point Orangefield hasn't really turned the ball over much, so the Silsbee defense will have to play good sound defense and make some stops.

Someone mentioned earlier about fundamentals.  I think Orangefield is very sound in fundamentals, but defensively it don't matter much if the kids aren't put in the right position to succeed.  Thats the big problem right now,IMO.  The fundamentals, and effort from the kids ain't hurting OF, its schematical.

Guest bleed orange

Attention Orangefield fans.....have you noticed that the Silsbee posters are not talking smack about Orangefield?  I see Orangefield as greatly improved on both sides of the ball.  They play with heart and are disciplined as all get out.  Orangefield put up.....how many on Newton?  I believe that this game will be a good one.  Im looking forward to Fri night........  You are not overlooked.  ;)

Good post sports guy and yes we have noticed.

Don't take this as smack talk, but I just don't see Orangefield winning this game by simply running the ball. The Bobcats will have to throw the ball and be very successful in it to defeat Silsbee. The Tiger defense will not allow Orangefield to just run the ball every play and be successful at it. The teams that have had success against Silsbee's defense has passed the ball. The mixture of run and pass has at times kept the Tigers on their heels. A strictly running team may have some success, but in order to defeat Silsbee, you will have to pass more than 10 times a game, and complete at least 6 of them for good yardage.

With Orangefield showing hardly any kind of passing offense, I just don't see them winning this game. Also, with how the Bobcats have given up points on defense, I can see this game being at least a 2 touchdown win for Silsbee. The key for Orangefield will be if they can be successful at the passing game. The Orangefield rushing attack will have some success, but not enough solely to beat Silsbee.

It been a while since I posted something on here. I went to my first silsbee game of the year last week for homecoming. I have to say that Silsbee wasn't really into it this game because I spoken to a few of the players and I was informed of this. They weren't playing their best as I know they can. But this is not to bash any players from BC because y'all put up a good game from that I seen. Now O-Field on the other hand, I heard a lot on this site about them. How they played well agaisnt Newton scoring up to 40-something point and being the most improved team in the S.E Texas. I really think O-Field could make this game interesting if they really are into this game. Now, it really depend on what Silsbee team shows up and I'm hoping it the one that really stopped WO-S pretty good. Since it is at O-Field that got some advantage their playing at their place, but let be honest. Playing at your opponent home turd, does it really make a difference??? I think not. But as long as Silsbee defense shows up and thier offense is doing thier job I can see silsbee taking this game by at least 2 touchdown.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What were the issues at Rusk?  SB, Admin, Culture, Pay?  Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From the article: “As a parent, then as a homeowner, if you have some equity in your home, then you can say to your child, you know, ‘don’t take out the loan,’” she said. “‘I’ll take out some of the equity to help you pay for tuition so that you don’t graduate with extraordinary student loan debt, and so that when you graduate, you can do your dream job.’” Essentially, Harris suggested that parents give their kids a leg up in the world by being the ones to take out a loan instead. Except theirs would have much higher stakes than just needing to be paid back — it could mean losing their home. 🤦‍♂️
    • Good luck and safe travels. Bring it home.
    • It has been frustrating seeing the lack of coverage from virtually EVERY media outlet.  We (Chester) are in the SE Texas coverage area.  There are no radio broadcast from our area, and Ch 12 is the only one that has even mentioned it.   I know I could have gotten donations to cover a SETX Sports broadcast.  Oh well, water under the bridge - we aren’t as big as Silsbee, WO-S or PN-G.
    • PJ LOCKE                                DENVER BRONCOS               BMT CENTRAL  GRAYLAND ARNOLD           PITTSBURGH STEELERS        KOUNTZE  ELANDON ROBERTS             PITTSBURGH STEELERS        P.A MEMORIAL  TONY BROWN                   CLEVELAND BROWNS              BMT OZEN  ERIK MCCOY                        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS               LUFKIN  DAN MOORE                    PITTSBURGH STEELERS                BMT WESTBROOK  ROSCHON JOHNSON          CHICAGO BEARS                      PNG    PLAYERS I COULD COME UP WITH IN NFL.  NOT SURE IF ALL ARE STILL WITH CURRENT TEAMS. 
  • Topics