*Cleveland vs. Shepherd Updates...55-21 Cleveland Wins/Comments*

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this thread is getting ridiculous.  Lets sum it all up.  cleveland is good.  They beat Shepherd.  Period.  No one that got beat by Cleveland likes the Horn.  Who cares?  You go undefeated District champs and to the playoffs two years in a row and you can do what you want too. 

Guest falcons

you guys are arguing with people from Cleveland texas right? cleveland? do you really think that there is a brain cell in the house or any class?  ???

you guys are arguing with people from Cleveland texas right? cleveland? do you really think that there is a brain cell in the house or any class?  ???

Falcon, quit cryin over looseing to CLEVELAND, apparently that have a few more brain cells than the Falcolns did, who out played who?

Guest football84

Who cares.  Cleveland won, Shepherd can still make playoffs with a win this week.  If the horn is that big of a deal, :'(, go buy one, and use it during your games.  Let it go, and move on.

My son is in athletics.  The coach is listed as his teacher.  The locker room is listed as his classroom.  He is graded for his participation.  The game is to the athletics class as the lab is to the biology class.  The law plainly states "class or OTHER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES"

Your contention that the students need to know all they need by game time falls flat as an argument.  Education continues.  Unique situations arise in the game and are often the first encounter by these students and the impetus for calling the time out.  The coach has often encountered them before and is trying to use the time out as a teaching moment.  When the horned one disrupts this, according to the law, it is a violation.

You may not like that but it is quite evident as a fact. 

Let me reitterate that no one objects to the horn for touchdowns.  It is the incessant use as a distraction to prevent communication between the teacher and his students and the qback and the team that is unsportsmanlike and apparently illegal. 

Stephen

This an extra-curicular activity, not a classroom!!!

Guest PrimeTime

Couldn't of said better myself PLAYA....All this talk of Horn BLowing has got me interested in a lil Rusty Trombone action!!! Bahahahaha

Oh noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Lol hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Win or loss is not the issue with me.  School bias does not enter either.  All I know is there is error being spouted as truth and I just naturally tend to zero in on that. 

The law does not exclude extra curicular school activites.  Nor does the UIL rule book super cede state law.  Marching band is all of those but protected as well under this state law.  Is class room defined by walls?  Not at all.  Classroom is defined by students being taught by the teacher or even discussion among the students moderated by a teacher in a learning environment.  Challenge me on that if you wish but bring something besides opinion to the table.  Bring some code or statute defining classroom as 4 walls or somehting seperating extra curicular as not being "other school activities".

According to the Columbia encyclopedia, over 85 decibles causes physical harm to the ears . . . . . . let me post:

Subjected to 45 decibels of noise, the average person cannot sleep. At 120 decibels the ear registers pain, but hearing damage begins at a much lower level, about 85 decibels. The duration of the exposure is also important. There is evidence that among young Americans hearing sensitivity is decreasing year by year because of exposure to noise, including excessively amplified music. Apart from hearing loss, such noise can cause lack of sleep, irritability, heartburn, indigestion, ulcers, high blood pressure, and possibly heart disease. One burst of noise, as from a passing truck, is known to alter endocrine, neurological, and cardiovascular functions in many individuals; prolonged or frequent exposure to such noise tends to make the physiological disturbances chronic. In addition, noise-induced stress creates severe tension in daily living and contributes to mental illness.

this is reported from part of an EPA study on noise pollution;  So you see, when someone says the horn is driving them crazy, its true.

There are laws on the books.  Federal noise pollution laws.  Care to have a decible test of the ole horn?  This could morph into a child abuse case.

Class room;

–noun 1. a room, as in a school or college, in which classes are held.

2. any place where one learns or gains experience: The sea is the sailor's classroom. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1865–70, Americanism; class + room

Stephen

It is very sad that there is even a discussion on this.  In fact it is embarrassing to see Cleveland in this topic because Cleveland has made strides in the sportsmanship department.  The horn started out for just touchdowns and beginning the game why is it being used for anything else?  This discussion is rediculous but yet is not surprising. 

Guest football84

If the horn bothers you that bad then do not go to games.  I VERY seriously doubt they are meaning any harm.  It is just there way to show school spirit. 

Guest falcons

If the horn bothers you that bad then do not go to games.  I VERY seriously doubt they are meaning any harm.  It is just there way to show school spirit. 

not so bright parents teach your kids to to be classless as you and leave the horn in the outhouse. grown some brains and class and think of someone else besides yourself. boy that's original and hard.................. ???

Me shut up?  Not likely.  Maybe you didnt read but Cleveland is my team.  Rah Rah rhee, kick em in the knee, rah rah rass, kick em in the other knee.

I dont know the women you know named Stephen but I hope they are better looking than me.

Once again, opinion.  I know I asked nicely for something more.  

I know I stated plainly, no one has a problem with the horn for touchdowns or even great plays.  We are all for team spirit.  I know I am.  The year I was a cheerleader, we went to state playoffs.  

My only interest was to correct the errors that were being stated from a condition of ignorance on the subject.  Now we all know a little more about the issue than we did.  If you find something other than opinon to add, let us know.

Stephen

I do not have a dog in this fight but you had better check the UIL on this - I have not read the rules recently (last say 5 years) but there where numerous rules regarding "noisemakers" that prohibited them to be used during gameplay.  If as has been stated the person with the horn was blowing it while the teams were trying to play then I do believe it is a violation of UIL rules.

Also, schools do have the right to restrict the action or lack there of for all attendees at their stadiums - they can order these noise makers to be removed if they have such a rule in place.

That being said I was not at this game but I will agree that most times were this type of noisemaker is used it is only after scores or good plays - most people use them respectfully.  If not they should not be in control of the "horn".

Liberty has on that they set off after every score and I do not have a problem with that.

Ive seen it all on here but getting argued with by a male cheerleader is priceless, Durka.  LMAO!!!! This whole thread is dumb.  Go cry to Bob Jones.  You lost to Cleveland. Get over it b/c your about to lose to Liberty too and then yall will really have something to cry about

The only problem I can see with a horn from a players p.o.v. is just trying to hear the snap count. But I mean, that could be a problem whenever. I dont see why there should be rules against it. I dont think anyone but the parents or fans have a problem with it. Now if the coaches, refs, or players did...it might be a different story. It sounds like abuncha ppl are just mad because of the Final score.

Could somebody please call that Shepherd school board member so he can cut the cord on this thread. Enough already!

Hey just like you tell the Shepherd folks about the horn don't like don't look at it.  ???

Good morning durka durka, or should we just call you jihady since you like to make fun of folks name?  Do you even know what 'durka durka' means?  Are you a terrorist? 

I wasnt just a male cheerleader son, I was the first male cheerleader in cleveland.  You might want to do a little research before you discount me as 'stevie'. 

It is typical of someone with no grounds to argue from or facts to back them up to start making personal attacks in a forum like this.  typical I say.

Panther, read the posts.  No one has a problem with the horn for touchdowns or even great plays.  No one has a problem with losing a game.  We all have a problem with obnoxious a holes.  When their hand gets on the handle of an illegally loud horn, it can be a problem. 

Stephen

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83