JARVIS BENARD- from little ole 3-a HJ and a weak region

Guest stevenash

Congrats to the kid, hard work and talent comes together well.  You had a little flare of arrogance in the subject title, though.  I mean, what does this mean?????

Well below you will see what it means.

A small school high school guy that performs on an elevated level for his classification, goes to an extra small college and performs on that same level against kids from the same level he left in high school... Sounds reasonable to me. He balled in SMALL school in high school and JUNIOR College.  Still doesn't validate his ability on a bigger stage against D1 talent.  Now he just might be a great 3A player and a great junior college player too!

Kenyon Spears had a very decorated College experience on a D1 level.  He was a small school guy that put up huge numbers in high school.  But he was very average on a D1 stage and had big trouble when playing against BIG TIME D1 schools.  Imagine if he had went to one of the major conferences, he would have been one heck of a glue guy, but that's all.  In a Junior college he would have averaged 30+.  That is why its the Junior to the Big Boys!

Thank you for reading!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="682976" timestamp="1256225569"]
Last game that Spears played "on a big stage" he scored 19 points against Duke in the NCAA tourney........Coach K's shut down defended Chris Carrawell guarded him the entire game.
[/quote]

That was a good game for Spears but let's be realistic.  It is easier to score 19 pts when the focus of the entire defense was to stop Landon Rowe.  His defender often played off him and swarmed Rowe.  And Spears only reached 20 pts once that entire year. AND it wasn't his last game because it was his junior year. AND the next year when it was his turn to be the focal point of the offense his averages dropped.  Not to mention his best year he only averaged 11 pts per game!  AND his year to be the man he averaged 9.7.  AND his senior year he score 3 at A&M, 7 at OSU, and did really bad in conference games that LU had a chance to win, those were "BIG STAGE".  Like I said the perfect D1 [b]GLUE[/b] guy! Not a star... Benard would be a great D1 glue guy as well!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="682935" timestamp="1256222636"]
You just have to have been on here a while to understand the title!!!!! :D :D
[/quote]

OH OK  ;) I don't know the history, I have been reading for a bit off and on though.  I guess it was more behind the title than I know.  All I am saying is that at time some people have unrealistic ideas about high schiool players and thier translation to college.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="I-CAN-PLAY" post="683091" timestamp="1256232791"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=60782.msg682935#msg682935 date=1256222636]
[/quote]

OH OK  ;) I don't know the history, I have been reading for a bit off and on though.  I guess it was more behind the title than I know.   All I am saying is that at time some people have unrealistic ideas about high schiool players and thier translation to college.
[/quote]

Learn "transition."  It's a better word.

Hey...I like this guy..I Can Play....Brings some new flavor to the board, just hope these I know everything this is my board guys don't run him off...hope he continues to post throughout the season, adds a new wrinkle and sounds like hes a junkie..thats meant in a good way! Anyway, nice to have a little different insight, peace!

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="683111" timestamp="1256234055"]
[quote author=I-CAN-PLAY link=topic=60782.msg683091#msg683091 date=1256232791]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=60782.msg682935#msg682935 date=1256222636]
[/quote]

OH OK  ;) I don't know the history, I have been reading for a bit off and on though.  I guess it was more behind the title than I know.   All I am saying is that at time some people have unrealistic ideas about high schiool players and thier translation to college.
[/quote]

Learn "transition."  It's a better word.
[/quote]

Transition: movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change:
Translation: a function obtained from a given function by adding the same constant to each value of the variable of the given function
Superimpose: to impose, place, or set over, above, or on something else.

I used the word I wanted to.  As you read above the mathematical definition of [b]translate[/b] is what I was trying to imply.  The function is college basketball. The constant is Benards Game!  The variable is the different levels of college basketball.  I am not talking about his passage into college game from the high school game. *sorry* I could try saying it this way!  "I am talking about taking his skill set and [b]superimposing[/b] it onto the different levels of college ball." But I do not think that [b]transition[/b] is the proper word for what I am explaining!

Thank you for your concern anyway little buddy!

On another note this is a message board not an English exam.  I will probably misspell words, speak improper English, use acronyms, and paraphrase quite a bit.  So I hope you have fun correcting me!

[quote name="team first" post="683122" timestamp="1256234741"]
Hey...I like this guy..I Can Play....Brings some new flavor to the board, just hope these I know everything this is my board guys don't run him off...hope he continues to post throughout the season, adds a new wrinkle and sounds like hes a junkie..thats meant in a good way! Anyway, nice to have a little different insight, peace!
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name="team first" post="683123" timestamp="1256234937"]
By the way I Can Play...Who wins the 4a league and any insight on the 5a league would be a bonus...your opinion on the best guard and best big in the area, sleepers and any other topic we might be interested in.....
[/quote]

Not knowing whats in 3A and not expecting a big man there anyway I will have to go with the kid over in Nederland, but I heard Memorial has a nice big.  RCSsports has him ranked in  the Houston area.  Once upon a time I would have yelled Franks from the roof tops on being the best guard, but the Sophmore at Central is out shining him.  And maybe the kid at Kountze.  Forgive me for not knowing all of their names, but I know their games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83