Bobcats will try to rope the 'Horns

Bobcats will try to rope the 'Horns

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — Orangefield fans now know what to expect from their Bobcats and will not expect things to change much tonight.

The Bobcats (3-2) will play host to Hamshire-Fannett in both team’s District 21-3A opener. The Longhorns lead the all-time series 15-11. Hamshire-Fannett won the first game between the two schools 26-7 in 1968.

“I’m sure they will be fired up,†Orangefield coach Brian Huckabay said. “It is a new season so everyone in the district will be fired up.â€

Orangefield is coming off a bye week and has looked quite impressive under first-year coach Huckabay.

Orangefield leads 21-3A with an average of 419.9 yards a game, 1,877 on the ground.

Quarterback Corey Huckabay leads the Bobcats with 553 yards and eight touchdowns. Evan Guidry has 423 yards and six scores, Derrick Evans has 332 yards and four touchdowns and Chase Parker has 240 yards and two trips to the endzone.

Josh Shores is also over the century-mark with 145 yards on the year.

The Bobcats have more rushing yards than West Orange-Stark, Bridge City and Little Cypress-Mauriceville have combined yards.

“I am extremely proud of our kids’ work ethic and the attitude has been tremendous,†Huckabay said. “The season starts over now though and all that goes out the window. We feel we have a good foundation to build on from the non-district.â€

Austin Simmons leads the Longhorns with 375 yards on 55 carries with three touchdowns.

Trevor Bell is in the top six in the district in scoring for the district with five touchdowns.

“They run that triple option,†Huckabay said. “That always presents problems. We are going to have to take care of all three threats.

“We have to continue to do a good job protecting the football and moving the chains. If we do that, I feel we will be in good shape.â€

Huckabay leads the district with nine touchdowns and one extra point for 59 points.

Man, after watching the 8th grade maul the HF, oRANGEFIELD might be the real deal from what I'm hearing about their varisty.

I agree this could be real ugly tonight. HF is in a downward spiral and OF is climbing High. But hey

these are kids we are talking about and anything can happen and that is why they play the game. Good Luck

to both squads I hope they have an injury free game for once, Lord knows HF could use it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou