PLAY BALL!!! Radar!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember,If a game starts and is called by a lightning threat better be on top.This week if I won the toss I don't think I would defer to the 2nd half.This safety rule could cost a team that is behind a playoff spot by the loss.Then the posts would go wild.Would somebody breakdown this ruling please.What are the stipulations?

Looks like heavy stuff on a line from Waco to Little Rock if I'm reading it right?

Memphis to Houston (Blue Color) is the heaviest at 7PM, hopefully it will blow though quicker.

What in your experience is the accuracy of these forecast 2 days in advanced?  I mean I understand the chance of rain, but predictions that show the what the radar will look like seems a bit too precise.

Remember,If a game starts and is called by a lightning threat better be on top.This week if I won the toss I don't think I would defer to the 2nd half.This safety rule could cost a team that is behind a playoff spot by the loss.Then the posts would go wild.Would somebody breakdown this ruling please.What are the stipulations?

I rember a few years back wos and bc got called around half due to weather and they finished it the next day from the point they left off.

I believe the rule is there must be 30 minutes of no lightning to resume play.

I don't know if there is a time limit to call the game.

Another thing to remember here...

The further west and north you are the sooner during the day the rain will clear....

The PN-G game in Livingston game will have the rain stop probably at least three to five hours before it clears in the Beaumont area (assumming the weather is moving between 20 and 30 miles per hour).

Hopefully the cold front picks up steam and moves through the area in the afternoon.

And....

When the cold front does clear the area you would assume you would have a very strong north westerly wind blowing.

A District game will be played out. May have to come back the next day but it will be finished. The only time you see a game called and not finished is a pre district game.

A District game will be played out. May have to come back the next day but it will be finished. The only time you see a game called and not finished is a pre district game.

Just curious...

What if it is 35 to 3 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, can the coaches agree to call the game, or must it be finished?

The further west and north you are the sooner during the day the rain will clear....

The PN-G game in Livingston game will have the rain stop probably at least three to five hours before it clears in the Beaumont area (assumming the weather is moving between 20 and 30 miles per hour).

Hopefully the cold front picks up steam and moves through the area in the afternoon.

And....

When the cold front does clear the area you would assume you would have a very strong north westerly wind blowing.

Problem i see right now is the winds aloft will be parallel to the front causing it not to move real fast!

This is copied from the UIL Manual

Policy on Rain/Flood Games

Games scheduled for Friday night canceled by rain or inclement weather:

Options:

1. Find another site and play the game on Friday night as scheduled: a) Option to go to visiting school, if mutually agreeable; B) Option to find a neutral field.

2. Play Saturday at original site, visiting site, or neutral field: a) Mutual agreement or B) district executive committee action.

3. If conditions which do not permit any of the above persist: The district executive committee may reschedule district games for Monday night. Then the game scheduled for the following Friday must be rescheduled for Saturday, to meet the five-day interval requirement of the Football Plan of the Constitution and Contest Rules.

4. Note: It may be necessary to have the district executive committee reschedule a number of games.

5. For non-district games - agreement between two schools involved.

And....

Problem i see right now is the winds aloft will be parallel to the front causing it not to move real fast!

Say it aint so coop!

Could be a long rain event then...

And....

Dang parallel winds!!!!  >:(  :D

And....

Say it aint so coop!

Could be a long rain event then...

Hope not, another day to look at it Thursday.

Just curious...

What if it is 35 to 3 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, can the coaches agree to call the game, or must it be finished?

Silsbee and Jasper faced this back in '06. Silsbee was leading 35-0 with about 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. A huge storm blew in causing a long delay. After about 40 minutes and the rain continueing, the Jasper coach decided to forfeit the game, thus ending the game with a quarter and half to go. Silsbee won 35-0.

(btw, that was one of the worst Jasper teams I have ever seen)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124