HJ vs. K-Ville Jr. High

bmrm

I know this subject was brought up on the high school football thread, but it gives me the reds that the second team 7th & 8th grade teams(if applicable) have to play their games with a running clock.  I am the proud parent of HJ's second team QB(who had a 70 yard TD run by the way against K-Ville, despite "bedelmon" trying to credit someone else with it - HA!) & had the unfortunate situation of having to watch a junior high game in which the clock ran the entire time, so how in the world do you expect these teams to gain any type of continuity & teamwork when at best, the most possessions they are going to have is three or four in a game?  According to UIL rules, each quarter is supposed to last (8) minutes, however, our quarters were only (7) minutes.  By the time a team takes takes possession, runs their plays, the quarter is essentialy over.  At best your looking at possessing the ball three to four times in a game.  How in the world is that helping these kids learn how to play football regardless if it's offense or defense?  When it takes longer to drive to where the game is played as opposed to the actual length of the game, that's ridiculous.  You have kids who participate in practice everyday but because they may not be starters, time doesn't allow them to get on the field during the game.  I work with two senior officials that have been officiating high school football for over 30 years respectively and they both told me that UIL rules state that junior high games are (8) minute quarters with no rolling clocks.  The only time they are rolling clocks is if the game is a blowout & both coaches agree to it.  Last night's game between HJ's & K-Ville's second string 7th grade teams was never a mismatch & therefore shouldn't have been forced to a rolling clock.  It leads me to believe that either the officials didn't want to spend anymore time in the rain than necessary or the coaches were more concerned with the outcome of the 7th grade grade first teams.   

I agree that the running clock is a joke, but I don't think that there is a conspiracy against the 2nd 7th grade team.  The clock ran for both 7th grade teams.  For some of the kids that have played "little league" football their Junior High games are about half as long, and they play half the reps. 

Right or wrong jr.high B games have had running clocks for the last 20 years. The clocks run in football, basketball and volleyball. If you played 4 games without running clocks, the last game would be finished at a very late time. The best thing to do is to play those games on a different day so the clock does not have to run. The problem with this is having enough coaches to stay with the other teams that are at practice. If B team players work hard in practice and games they will be noticed. I have seen many B team jr. high players end up starting or getting a lot of playing time in high school.

We witnessed the last few minutes of the 7th grade A team and it wasn't a running clock.  Maybe it did prior to our arrival back at the stadium.  With the large number of kids we have on both squads, with a running clock, you can't get everybody an opportunity to play.  I know this isn't little league where everybody has to play, but still with all these kids dedicating their time to practice and all, they should at least get a chance to get in the game for a few plays.

I agree that the running clock is a joke, but I don't think that there is a conspiracy against the 2nd 7th grade team.  The clock ran for both 7th grade teams.  For some of the kids that have played "little league" football their Junior High games are about half as long, and they play half the reps. 

First off, it is in the 21-3A district minutes that all b games will be 6 minute running clock A games are 6 minute regular clock and 8th grade is 8 minute regular clock (I know this was not a district game but when district starts that is how it will be, if other schools even have two 7th grade teams). That is pretty well standard for most districts and it has been that way for a good while. It will be the same way in basketball too. As it was, the kids that had to ride the bus home on Thursday did not get back to the school until 11:30. The B games are played that way for that reason. If they had played a regular clock the bus would have been back well after midnight on a school night. The 7th A game was supposed to be a regular clock but for some reason it ran until about 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter (Odd that it started running right about the time HJ scored). And it could be worse, up until the last year or two many of the 4A schools in the area didn't play a 7th grade schedule, so you could be going through a week of practice then sitting in the stands and watching only the 8th grade play.

I know this subject was brought up on the high school football thread, but it gives me the reds that the second team 7th & 8th grade teams(if applicable) have to play their games with a running clock.  I am the proud parent of HJ's second team QB(who had a 70 yard TD run by the way against K-Ville, despite "bedelmon" trying to credit someone else with it - HA!) & had the unfortunate situation of having to watch a junior high game in which the clock ran the entire time, so how in the world do you expect these teams to gain any type of continuity & teamwork when at best, the most possessions they are going to have is three or four in a game?  According to UIL rules, each quarter is supposed to last (8) minutes, however, our quarters were only (7) minutes.  By the time a team takes takes possession, runs their plays, the quarter is essentialy over.  At best your looking at possessing the ball three to four times in a game.  How in the world is that helping these kids learn how to play football regardless if it's offense or defense?  When it takes longer to drive to where the game is played as opposed to the actual length of the game, that's ridiculous.  You have kids who participate in practice everyday but because they may not be starters, time doesn't allow them to get on the field during the game.  I work with two senior officials that have been officiating high school football for over 30 years respectively and they both told me that UIL rules state that junior high games are (8) minute quarters with no rolling clocks.  The only time they are rolling clocks is if the game is a blowout & both coaches agree to it.  Last night's game between HJ's & K-Ville's second string 7th grade teams was never a mismatch & therefore shouldn't have been forced to a rolling clock.  It leads me to believe that either the officials didn't want to spend anymore time in the rain than necessary or the coaches were more concerned with the outcome of the 7th grade grade first teams.   

What did I do??? Billiam???

According to your wife(sorry Tammy), you tried to credit Ryan's TD run to an 8th grader.  No biggie, I'm just messin' with ya' & happy that he's finally playing & enjoying himself.

What did I do??? Billiam???

Oh I know there are no 8th graders on that team, I just had to give you a hard time about confusing my son with one of the triplets.

My wife lies alot. C'mon Billiam, I know, as well as you, there are no eighth graders on the 7th grade team.

You should never have those thoughts - HA!!!  I know you've relocated and have an estate, but just because we haven't been playing baseball, you could still invite us to some of your infamous back porch BBQ's.  We know we're not part of the in-crowd but the Mrs. & I enjoy visiting with you & your bride.  I'm pretty sure the Sour Lake powers that be wouldn't object to us getting together for quite a few cold ones.

Ok, I'm guilty.....I didn't know who the kid was that ran a long touchdown and might have thought it was someone other than that Gajeski kid. Shoot me! Mical sucks!

Mical, I'm with you.  You know he still thinks my wife is a pole dancer.

I know that Edelmon guy and I would not put anthing past him.

Dude, she could be a pole dancer!! Your ol' lady is buff! Ha!

Mical, I'm with you.  You know he still thinks my wife is a pole dancer.

I know that Edelmon guy and I would not put anthing past him.

Dude, she could be a pole dancer!! Your ol' lady is buff! Ha!

BUFF THE STUFF!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Neches: HBP (Runner tagged) F9 Single LF (Runners at corners) SB (Runners 2nd & 3rd) K - swinging F6 Neches strands 2 and scores no one off of 1 hit.
    • First pitch about to be in the books.
    • Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
  • Topics