Goose Creek at Dayton predictions????

knightrider

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83

Heres the deal: Ranger83 your not gonna make many friends at Dayton and BH talking smack about a team that's only been around a couple of years..Dayton and BH may have our differences but the players ,coaches and fans respect each other because throughout the years(many years I might add 60+), their programs and schools have earned it..After GCM has made the playoffs 20-30 times, bi district champs, regions, been thru the Quarter finals, semi finals, and State Cahmpionship, come talk to "us"...While GCM has had a good year thusfar, still alot of turf to cover...against quality teams...When the dust settles, we'll see how they shake out..Just unplug that horse your ridin on Cowboy....but good luck on good year...

Who's talking "smack"? I just stated that GCM would win by 3. Period. Then people get excited because SOMEONE believes his/her team can win. I never claimed dominance over any team. I still think GCM can win! I am fully aware of preception vs reality. But I would never go into a game and tell my team (or my son for that matter) that "We can not win!" Would you?

As for your 20-30 times in the playoffs, let's stick to 4A here. Dayton 6 and BH 1. Yes, that's more than GCM. Yes, you both beat GCM soundly in 2008, congrats! Will it happen this year? Who knows. The Goose will be there!

The GCM Homecoming Tour: Coming to a city near you! And I got a bag of quarters for my horse.

Guest Ranger83

As for your 20-30 times in the playoffs, let's stick to 4A here. Dayton 6 and BH 1. .

Dayton has been in 4A for much longer than that.... the past 13 appearances in a row have been in 4A. I think we've been 4A since the mid 80's at least.

My bad! I was going by the info from this link: http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=949&action=trophycase

I know Dayton has been dominant since 2000, was not sure if they were 4A in the 80's.

I agree GCM can win and they should think so most of all. They are much improved over last year and so is Kingwood Park.

GCM will win against NF, GP, KP, and C.E. King to make the playoffs. Now the rest of the teams they face will prove just how much they have improved, win or lose.

All that said, Dayton wins.

As for your 20-30 times in the playoffs, let's stick to 4A here. Dayton 6 and BH 1. .

Dayton has been in 4A for much longer than that.... the past 13 appearances in a row have been in 4A. I think we've been 4A since the mid 80's at least.

My bad! I was going by the info from this link:

This is the hidden content, please

I know Dayton has been dominant since 2000, was not sure if they were 4A in the 80's.

no big deal.

not sure about the 80's really.

ditto on what bronco1 said.

The little Nevada pistol offense looks interesting....don't see that very much.  We all know how we do against teams that pass pass pass....what's it now 5 straight years that a much athletic Friendswood team has taken us down? 

Although from the highlights I've been able to find, I wouldn't expect a 55 point outing from either team on Friday. 

The little Nevada pistol offense looks interesting....don't see that very much.  We all know how we do against teams that pass pass pass....what's it now 5 straight years that a much athletic Friendswood team has taken us down? 

Although from the highlights I've been able to find, I wouldn't expect a 55 point outing from either team on Friday. 

Not sure if GCM has the o-line that FW has, if not pass away.  ;D

Guest Ranger83

The little Nevada pistol offense looks interesting....don't see that very much.  We all know how we do against teams that pass pass pass....what's it now 5 straight years that a much athletic Friendswood team has taken us down?  

Not sure if GCM has the o-line that FW has, if not pass away.  ;D

I would bet we are not as big up front as FW. Not bad, but our coaches have committed to not playing kids both ways. It's been ok so far, but of the O and D line, O line is behind the curve. Apart from Dawson, our best test was Episcopal. They had a pretty solid d-line, our speed finally got the best of them. There won't be too much "pocket" passing going on, we'll have to mix things up and hope to slow down the Bronco speed rush. GCM has athletes on offense that can run with anybody (Allen, Collins, Bushnell, Jacobs, St Jullian, Wood), just not a whole lot of Big Game experience. 

QB is a little scrambler though and throws well on the run.  Doesn't seem to run all that much just scrambles to throw the ball.  The more I watch the less I'm being impressed by the GCM offensive line.  I expect to see Dayton's line manhandle them most of the game.  The little QB is unpredictable and is going to have to make a lot of plays throwing on the run and improvising which he seems to do pretty well.  Running back looks pretty quick....misses a lot of holes though.  Seems to be impatient.

Some nice balance by the the Goose. Oughta be a good challenge for the Bronco D.

Team Stats

Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch

1281                53                669         7.6        612            13.6

Passing

Name        Comp Att  Pct  Yds    TD INT

Cody Larson  45   75    60    612    8   1  

Price Jacobs  0      2    0      0       0   0  

Rushing

Name            Att Yds Yds/Att TD

Demartie Allen 42  359  8.55     6  

Cody Larson   20  103   5.15     3  

Keithen Collins 1     1      1       0  

Receiving

Name                 Rec Yds Yds/Catch TD

Keithen Collins      18  303     17         4  

Patrick Wood        11  146    13          2  

Jared St. Julian      3  63       21         1  

Price Jacobs          2  20      10          1  

Jeremiah Johnson   1  10       10         0  

Demartie Allen       1  -4       -4          0

Guest Ranger83

QB is a little scrambler though and throws well on the run.  Doesn't seem to run all that much just scrambles to throw the ball.  The more I watch the less I'm being impressed by the GCM offensive line.  I expect to see Dayton's line manhandle them most of the game.  The little QB is unpredictable and is going to have to make a lot of plays throwing on the run and improvising which he seems to do pretty well.  Running back looks pretty quick....misses a lot of holes though.  Seems to be impatient.

The entire offense is based on him throwing on the run. We do not have the size in the line to maintain blocks for an extended period of time. Our problem is that the o-line often forgets to "get in the way". Allen runs his behind off, he's electric! He just has to run North and South to be effective against a fast defense. Too much of that "Prime Time" mentality at times.

The entire offense is based on him throwing on the run. We do not have the size in the line to maintain blocks for an extended period of time. Our problem is that the o-line often forgets to "get in the way". Allen runs his behind off, he's electric! He just has to run North and South to be effective against a fast defense. Too much of that "Prime Time" mentality at times.

He's got some moves.... he had a pretty decent game against Dayton last year if I remember correctly.

Dayton's D... IMO.... Is way ahead of where they were last year at this point and it sounds like GCM's O is as well.

I'm as excited for this game as I've been in a while for a district game. 

My bad! I was going by the info from this link:

This is the hidden content, please

no big deal.

not sure about the 80's really.

ditto on what bronco1 said.

I played against the Broncos in '81-82 and they were 4A.

Pretty sure Dayton's been 4A since the '70's.  The more I watch the highlights the more that I'm thinking this game could be for the district championship.  I know early early in the season but it looks like BH, Dayton, and GCM are the three best teams.  King is WAY down from last year and I don't think KP, GP, Crosby, and NF have a run in them.  Who's in the 4th spot is the question I guess...or I may be getting way ahead of myself.

I was impressed with GCM last year ! A quick hard hitting team that didn't back down even though they were overmatched. This year GCM is much improved so this should be a fun game to watch as the Bronco's need another good challenge to round the corners off. I think it will come down to defense and  the Bronco's "D" will be to fast and strong and dominate the 2nd half. In the 4th qrt. we had Friendswood grabbing their knees and sucking wind, one more set of downs and the Bronco's would have won that game.  GO BRONCO'S -----

Pretty sure Dayton's been 4A since the '70's.  The more I watch the highlights the more that I'm thinking this game could be for the district championship.  I know early early in the season but it looks like BH, Dayton, and GCM are the three best teams.  King is WAY down from last year and I don't think KP, GP, Crosby, and NF have a run in them.  Who's in the 4th spot is the question I guess...or I may be getting way ahead of myself.

Thats the way I am calling it! TXHSAS Game of the Week!!!

What year was the last time the Broncos lost a district game at home?By gosh I think Dayton hasn't lost a district ROAD game since the 2007 loss to Lumberton in dist.game #1   8-7.It would have to be 2005 or before.My point is this could be one of the best defenses in awhile.All these years of great defense and still no given name for slobberknockers?2006-2007 against the 20-4A squads 15-1.Band needs to bring back the horse and get fans up off their gas 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont