Goose Creek at Dayton predictions????

knightrider

Nice article I guess. Glad to see that they are talking about this game in the sun. Please post the link for the article after the game.

Club Soda? I dont remember that one. The only good thing about that mall is Casa Ole. (if they are still there) But, they cant come close to Iguana Joe's so I dont go there anymore. Maybe liltex can give us the exact stats on how many stores that San Jac mall still has. Just messin' liltex.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a clue on the stores left;Oshmans/The original Silverado Club were the last I went to.For Tx-Mex it's The DONKEY in Stinkadena on spencer 1 mi.west of the beltway on the left.Donkeyritas the best as is the food/salsa/chips.David the waiter been there like 15 years.For soda pop back in the day it was Frostie Rt.Beer in a frozen copper mug for a dime @McGinty's-Dayton-Burgers Mama Don's-Steak/seafood Franks Cafe.Those were the days.

Haha Club Soda was the bomb....great article too.  I really really hope they are ready and I'm finally looking forward to heading to the stadium on Friday night....don't know what's up with my slow start to the season.

For the best Mexican Food just drive down Long Point Road in Houston and stop at any of the Tacquerias(sp??).....

Baytown does have a great 24 hour fitness though....

Guest Ranger83

;D ;D Looky there; Ranger does have a sense of humor....

Last night I was in my "posh" Baytown home which has electricity and running water. I was at the dinner table eating a meal that was not killed, nor cleaned by any member of my family. We were watching a television (its' not really a "magic box") and the MTV (Music Television) Video Awards came on. With the sounds of gang related gunfire in the distance, I had revelations of the PERFECT analogy.  Dayton is the equivalent of Taylor Swift: adored by many, successful, lots of trophies and the current fad. GCM is Kanye West: new on the block, not sure of how people will respond to their success, rough around the edges. Just like Kanye, GCM also plans to steal the microphone for a brief moment in time on Friday night, make their statement, and wait and see how the rest of the world reacts!  GCM by 3!

Last night I was in my "posh" Baytown home which has electricity and running water. I was at the dinner table eating a meal that was not killed, nor cleaned by any member of my family. We were watching a television (its' not really a "magic box") and the MTV (Music Television) Video Awards came on. With the sounds of gang related gunfire in the distance, I had revelations of the PERFECT analogy.  Dayton is the equivalent of Taylor Swift: adored by many, successful, lots of trophies and the current fad. GCM is Kanye West: new on the block, not sure of how people will respond to their success, rough around the edges. Just like Kanye, GCM also plans to steal the microphone for a brief moment in time on Friday night, make their statement, and wait and see how the rest of the world reacts!  GCM by 3!

:D :D

I am sure your English would be proud of the symbolism used here.

Good luck tomorrow night.

Tell your buddies to get used to watching the numbers 8 and 20.

Those two numbers will be on the back of two Broncos, you will see these numbers often as you chase them down the field to the end zone.

The numbers eight and twenty will also produce many multiples of six that will be continually added to the Broncos score on the new score board.

In mathematics terms....

The combination of eight and twenty will produce five multiples of six.

very poor analogy----Dayton is Dayton and GCM is ........well ......GCM and that means a loss for the goose

The Dirty Bay is going to get a story to tell their generations to come, like when the snake was straight,the Brunson theater, Brownwood before it fell into the water, yes folks it will be another tail of tragedy, far less tragic than the 14 shootings and crack deals that go off on Northwood tonight, but tragic none the less. Dayton 56 GCM 20.

Guest Ranger83

Simmer down na! I know it was a poor analogy, but it was an analogy none the less. I was just trying to relate to the youths. I apologize if I offended the morally upstanding members of the Dayton community. GCM will make sure we have our guards posted on the stadium towers to prevent any of the misguided people of the Dirty Bay from infiltrating your Great Society. As for 8's and 20's, no thanks, will stick to our 40's.;)

Almost game time!

Guest Ranger83

Any thoughts on tonights Freshman and JV games?

I have not had a chance to see the Freshmen teams play yet. The JV is holding their own. I will be at the JV game tonight. I sure hope the rain passes over before tonight (and tomorrow night for that matter). I've heard that the "A" team has some kids that will help the program soon. The JV played Dawson close, but the other schools (like us) have any young talent already on the varsity roster. There are some varsity spots at GCM with a "log jam": Receiver, RB, and LB. So we have some guys on JV at those positions that can play. The QB is solid too.

Oh I love analogies , but here is one a little closed to fact. ;D

Deliverance is the Analogy! Thats right Deliverance ;D

Lets set this up with the Cahulawassee river being 146, and GCM Will be the business men while Dayton will be the Rednecks from a far off unforgotten country. As GCM Navigates 146 (The River) and travels by Mont Belvieu in awe, never seeing such a great place with wonder if they to could live there one day ;D they wonder what lies ahead in this place called Dayton ;) As they travel through rice fields and farm land up ahead they see a light!!! Could this be Dayton ??? ahhh yes it is the mighty Bronco Stadium that they see. Once they get a little closer they find a place to dock this expedition when a Bronco appears from no where named Bubba!..............................

From this point do I really need to go into detail of what happens next ;D

Squeel like a pig GCM :o

Dayton by 50

Lets set this up with the Cahulawassee river being 146, and GCM Will be the business men while Dayton will be the Rednecks from a far off unforgotten country. As GCM Navigates 146 (The River) and travels by Mont Belvieu in awe, never seeing such a great place with wonder if they to could live there one day ;D they wonder what lies ahead in this place called Dayton ;) As they travel through rice fields and farm land up ahead they see a light!!! Could this be Dayton ??? ahhh yes it is the mighty Bronco Stadium that they see. Once they get a little closer they find a place to dock this expedition when a Bronco appears from no where named Bubba!..............................

Dayton by 50

pretty dang funny!

Guest Ranger83

Dayton by 50

pretty dang funny!

If my memory is correct, those "business men" killed those back-woods rednecks before it was all said and done.

I LIKE your analogy!

Guest Ranger83

More uplifting quotes from "Deliverence" (a movie in which Dayton fans make comparissons)

"Right there's the town hall. Right over there's the old fire station. Played a lot of checkers over there, sure did. All this land's gonna be covered with water--best thing ever happened to this town."

"Do know what's gonna be here? Right here? A lake. As far as the eyes can see. Hundreds of feet deep. HUNDREDS of feet deep. Did you ever look out over a lake and think of somethin' buried underneath it? Buried underneath it. Well man, that's just about as buried as you can get."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder