who will make playoffs in 4a

Guest happyhour4

1. Nederland- The Dogs had a great run last year with a lot of underclassmen stepping up.  Only lost 3 starters off of last years Regional Finalist team.  Bellow and crew should win the District

2. PN-G-  They have a good core coming back with Benoit, Sweetenham, Reyenga, Jalali and some younger guys that are ready to  step up.  The Indians have some good young talent and Stone will have them ready.

3. Vidor-  If Hester can stay healthy this year, Vidor should be in the running.  They will be young, but have some pretty talented kids coming up.

4. LC-M-  Shane Wadell and ?????????.  This team lost almost everyone from last year.  Lots of new faces will have to step up for the Bears to make the playoffs.  Hard to ever count out one of Griff's team, they should get in.

5. Lumberton-  They have some good players coming back.  They may have a shot to sneak up on some people.

Guest Ranger83

I say Goose Creek Memorial in Baytown.....Coach Rupp has a solid group that can swing it, and there defense is top of the line....Then in a couple of years watch out for Baytown Lee 4A,right now in 5A we are going to compete this year.......GO GANDERS...

Hope you're right! I think if you go back to last year, we were 6 outs from making the playoffs. Those outs could have been anywhere during the district race. If we make those outs, we're in. The addition of Manny Galvan will be huge, he brings another stick to the order and plays solid D as well. Can't wait!

4A is much tougher than I ever imagined it would be. You'll find out next year.

Guest Ranger83

I hope Manny is put where Manny belongs and he will be a great addition to GCM,Good Luck to yall this year....Altogether if Manny is in the lineup he will be a beast,I'v seen this kid and Half that team at there best on a diamond in the summer and fall...

I feel certain he will be in the line-up. His addition will only make GCM better. There was also another move-in that the coaches feel will help (not sure of his name, know he came from a 1 or 2A school). It should be a good battle for those infield positions this Fall.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong but during the TASO tournament I seen a new kid.The word was he came from east or west Texas.He really didn't impress me much at the #6 position but hey maybe he had a bad game that day..With young talent like Gonzalez,Cerwanka,Martinez that played varsity level last year as freshman the should be alright..And with "B my dog Rhoden" the #2 position is strong,watch out for J. Garcia coming up in da ranks...this kids hands are sweet at second base and his bat is above average,he can swing it a little..I think coach Rupp should give Zack Shivers a look, this kid can swing it also.OOOOhhh and let me not forget Valencia this kid can pitch and swing the bat a is a good utility player....

Guest Ranger83

BH will definitely be one of the leaders in 19-4a. I know numerous players were picked up by the Heat to play Fall Ball and also they will have Micheal Bounds back this year who is a great pitcher and SS.

1. BH

2. KP

3. Crosby

4.King or GCM

THE Houston Heat? OMG! We are in trouble in 19-4A now. BH is just reloading.

KP has varsity experienced players and they have back-to-back playoff appearances including one in 19-4A.

BH lost almost their entire varsity roster to graduation, including their starting pitching.

GCM has their entire roster coming back and will add Manny Galvan from BCA into the lineup.

Crosby has one of the top pitchers in the area.

King will be as good or better.

1. KP

2. GCM

3. Crosby or BH

4. CEK

Can't wait!

THIS IS GETTING INTRESTING,I LOVE IT..........GO GANDERS...

I FEEL SO PROUD ALL MY BOYS ARE FINALY GOING TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON THERE VARSITY TEAMS THIS YEAR,GOOD LUCK TO YALL BOYS AT THE HILL(K.L,C.G,G.L)THE BOYS AT MEMORIAL(A.G,M.G,B.R,C.Z,M.M,D.G,J.G)THE BOYS AT LEE(M.G,D.G,D.G,J.S,R.S,DIRTY,E.T,C.R)SEE YALL NEXT WEEK GCM.IT LOOKS LIKE BYT LEE WILL BE PLAYING GCM FIRST GAME IN FALL BALL THIS WEEKEND THEN LEE PLAYS STERLING THAN PEARLAND,ILL KEEP YALL INFORMED ON ANY CHANGES...BASEBALL TIME PAPI!!!!!

1. Crosby- New coach, one D-1 committment and couple of d-1 recruits. Ready to build off of last years success.

2. KP- Great staff, all returning players. Going to put a great fight for that number one spot.

3. BH- Decent pitching coming back, offense is questionable

4. GCM- Prove me wrong on this one Rupp.

Guest rambleonus

I don't want to ruffle any fur but I don't understand why everyone is picking Kpark in the 2nd spot.  I also don't know why everyone is making a big deal about Crosby.  Kpark won both games last year 7-1 & 7-1.  I don't remember any Crosby standouts from either game.  I think it's Kparks district to lose.  

BTW, is the new coach the one from Tarkington that pitched Ryan Brewer 178 pitches in an 11 inning loss to Kpark back in 08?  Crosby pitchers beware!

1. Crosby- New coach, one D-1 committment and couple of d-1 recruits. Ready to build off of last years success.

2. KP- Great staff, all returning players. Going to put a great fight for that number one spot.

What pitchers are returning for the Hill.  M. Bounds, who was out w/ an injury all year. Burditt ( Galveston), Peterson, Rocha, Carmona, Baker all have graduated.  

My bad, forgot Daniel Mitchell.

Who do think will be # 3 and #4 in the rotation ?

What pitchers are returning for the Hill.  M. Bounds, who was out w/ an injury all year. Burditt ( Galveston), Peterson, Rocha, Carmona, Baker all have graduated.  

Barbers Hill rotation,  #3 Asbury...#4  Long or Leggett

Thanks.

Guest Ranger83

How many Varsity innings did this group throw last Spring?

How many Varsity innings did this group throw last Spring?

Bounds  0

Mitchell 10 maybe

Long  0

Asbury  0

Leggett  5 or less

Oh and Thompson got some varsity innings in this past spring.  6 i think

BUT...ALL of the boy have been playing select all summer and fall so i am sure they will be ready to take on GCM! ;D....And contend for a play off spot. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder