105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Lumberton or Dayton

• Lumberton Raiders
    • Dayton Broncos

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all of the hoopla by Lumberton fans of their version of the "shock the world" tour, it is time to show the wares. The easy teams are out of the way and the games that count now start. Is Lumberon really a contender or a pretender? By next Friday, we should at least have a good idea. If Lumberton has turned into a real contender, this district could get even more interesting than it already is now.

Good luck to both teams.

Personally, I want Dayton to BLOW Lumberton out of the water cause these Lumberton fans are getting a little to cocky for my taste... I'm not very old, but I cannot recall any of the proven teams in this area scheduling weak teams, beating them, and then running around the area proclaiming everyone is going down... I have must respect for the Lumberton program and i feel they will be a force to reckon with in the near future (considering the new coach doesn't receive a better offer from a different school).. but please guys prove yourself in district then, i will not mind listening to your claims of "Raiders the almighty" :D... Good Luck to all teams in the first week of district and ummmm SCALP EM INDIANS!!

I saw some Dayton coaches at the game this evening. I sure hope you enjoyed what you saw as far as what went on the field!!! :lol::lol:

In all seriousness' date=' I know I tend to run my mouth a little too much for some's taste and for others entertainment ( piratefan ), but I want to wish all from Dayton good luck next week and I hope I speak for all from Lumberton. :D:D[/quote']

I know what the Dayton coaches saw. They saw a decent 4A team beat a struggling 3A team bad. I am sure that got them all shook up.

Comment on 2nd quote:

Yeah, Yeah dont worry about it if anybody on here takes this chatter to serious they need to just quit whinning. :)

Taken from the Massey Ratings, through 9-16.....

Rank  Team                W   L   T   Power

53   Nederland           1   2   0   1.489

67   Port Neches-Groves  2   1   0   1.385

68   Dayton              1   2   0   1.382

74   Beaumont Ozen       0   2   0   1.284

99   Beaumont Cent       1   2   0   1.011

110   Lumberton           2   0   0   0.839

116   Vidor               1   1   0   0.781

134   OLC Mauriceville    1   2   0   0.606

Um, Yeah, um, I , um, gotta go, um, with

DAYTON!

DUH!

dayton runs away with this one. lumberton is a little better than they were in the past, but still will NOT be able to compete in district play. and as far as hearing about "injuries" and "illnesses", don't make excuses if you lose. if you happen to win, act like you've been there before.

oh thats right, you have never been there before. there is an old saying that says act like a champion. champions don't brag or make excuses. thats why you guys will never be champions.

dayton runs away with this one. lumberton is a little better than they were in the past' date=' but still will NOT be able to compete in district play. and as far as hearing about "injuries" and "illnesses", don't make excuses if you lose. if you happen to win, act like you've been there before.

oh thats right, you have never been there before. there is an old saying that says act like a champion. champions don't brag or make excuses. thats why you guys will never be champions.[/quote']

No one was makin excuses we were pointing out the key players that wont be playin we know we have are hands full with Dayton and we are going to try are best to leave there 1-0 in district but for us to do that we are going to have to play a near perfect football and be mistake free. no one is running their mouths and if we do lose then we lost to a very good football team there are no excuses

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder