Kountze vs H-D

aTmfan06

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H-D has lost two games this year. We lost to Hardin a playoff 2A football team and to Tenaha a playoff 1A team ranked #9 in State. In both games H-D hung in there, at one point in the Hardin game H-D was down 21-17 then Tim Taylor and Keith Gilmore got hurt and the game busted open. The Tenaha score was 15-0 at the half, H-D making big mistakes and playing without Keith Gilmore and Tim Taylor, two of our best players. H-D will be totally healthy and well rested after having two weeks to prepare for the Lions. H-D is ready and prepared to win District, also H-D is ready to beat the bigger school Kountze this friday. Since Evadale already beat Kountze, we should be able to guage how good H-D and Evadale are compared to each other.

H-D 32

Kountze 12

H-D has lost two games this year. We lost to Hardin a playoff 2A football team and to Tenaha a playoff 1A team ranked #9 in State. In both games H-D hung in there, at one point in the Hardin game H-D was down 21-17 then Tim Taylor and Keith Gilmore got hurt and the game busted open. The Tenaha score was 15-0 at the half, H-D making big mistakes and playing without Keith Gilmore and Tim Taylor, two of our best players. H-D will be totally healthy and well rested after having two weeks to prepare for the Lions. H-D is ready and prepared to win District, also H-D is ready to beat the bigger school Kountze this friday. Since Evadale already beat Kountze, we should be able to guage how good H-D and Evadale are compared to each other.

H-D 32

Kountze 12

not gonna happen btw Tenaha is down this year

H-D 32

Kountze 12

not gonna happen btw Tenaha is down this year

BTW they are ranked #9 in State. Really must be down !!!!!

these rankings are based on last year mostly and you wont be able to gauge anything by this game HD could lose by 5 touchdown but still beat evadale or HD could win and still lose its all about match-ups i hate it when ppl say well team A beat team B but team C lost to team B so team A is the best no it is all about match-ups especially in High School sports

these rankings are based on last year mostly and you wont be able to gauge anything by this game HD could lose by 5 touchdown but still beat evadale or HD could win and still lose its all about match-ups i hate it when ppl say well team A beat team B but team C lost to team B so team A is the best no it is all about match-ups especially in High School sports

I respect your opinion. But I disagree. The H-D vs Kountze game will say alot.

Hey 55 Tim Taylor didn't get hurt until the end of the game when Hardin was already up by a lot. It's gonna be a tough game be our bobcats. I've been told that a couple of our players have quit a time or two to avoid pops for failing and were about to just come back. That shows a lack of discipline! No matter how much talent a team has or doesn't have you need discipline to win. Sounds like Slack doesn't have much discipline, I remember a few years back when he sprung a player from jail. Discipline needs to be the first objective, to build a winning team and successful young man! Good luck Cats!

Hey 55 Tim Taylor didn't get hurt until the end of the game when Hardin was already up by a lot. It's gonna be a tough game be our bobcats. I've been told that a couple of our players have quit a time or two to avoid pops for failing and were about to just come back. That shows a lack of discipline! No matter how much talent a team has or doesn't have you need discipline to win. Sounds like Slack doesn't have much discipline, I remember a few years back when he sprung a player from jail. Discipline needs to be the first objective, to build a winning team and successful young man! Good luck Cats!

great post i agree dicipline is a big factor in high school sports HD's biggest obsticle is going to be staying focused on thier main goal which at this point has to be winning district. Which they have a shot but if they let some pre district losses break them down its a shame, because they have some talent

Hey man you keep H-D's business in the locker room, not on the streets. Coach Slack is a great football Coach and his staff is good too. Our kids are working on team discipline along with many other things. Good Coaches will do anything most importantly the right things for their players. Please say good things about our boys not bad things. You are a former Bobcat Alumni right?  Also after Tim Taylor was hurt Hardin continued to score and run the scoreboard up.

Neither club is playing great so far.Both clubs need a win after starting 0-3 so I'm going with the home team to win this one.It's hard to keep up with the Brey events,one week he is a top recruit for UCLA and the next thing you hear their waitng for him to complete his AEP to become eligible.

HD-20

Kountze-14

Neither club is playing great so far.Both clubs need a win after starting 0-3 so I'm going with the home team to win this one.It's hard to keep up with the Brey events,one week he is a top recruit for UCLA and the next thing you hear their waitng for him to complete his AEP to become eligible.

HD-20

Kountze-14

Hey stats guru H-D has lost two games not three.

Yes I am a HD alumn. But when I played we had discipline, not kids quiting for whatever reason and getting to come back. It just makes the other kids think if something doesn't go their way then they can quit and come back. I hope they can fix this, because discipline is a must and I hope they have all the success in the world.

HD-20

Kountze-14

Hey stats guru H-D has lost two games not three.

[/quoteExcuse me there double nickle it was a typo.I predicted a bobcat win I thought that would be enough. geez!!

HD injuries will hurt them. Kountze will have the numbers and the size, but you never know though, after seeing Shepherd come in 0-2 and beat the crap out of Hardin with a well designed game plan, anything can happen.

What injuries? H-D is healthy.  I know the kids and Coaches personally. We are gonna shock some people this year. Also every team has a few kids that are premadonna's. Heck had some when I played. You just did not hear about it all the time. Now with computers and technology you hear everything. My cousin George Westbrook was a great player for the H-D State Champion football team, and he was a premadonna. Coaches fix the problem and move on.

Kz-21

HD-14

55 its hard to get any respect while you have a 0 in the win colume.

Goodluck to both teams,hope that everyone stays healthy

H-D 32

Kountze 12

Kz-21

HD-14

55 its hard to get any respect while you have a 0 in the win colume.

Goodluck to both teams,hope that everyone stays healthy

H-D 32

Kountze 12

IMO. I think it all comes down to how many skill guys play both ways. The team that has the luxury to rest these young men will have the advantage. Most games are determined in the second half when the fatigue factor sets in. HD has some salty guys, but they play both ways. I realize that most 1a schools do play both ways but the game breakers need to stay fresh if at all possible. The team that can do this will have the upper hand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder