4A Standings? How Does This District Pan Out?

NoWeakness

Ok even though it is quite early, here's my two cents:

1. Nederland (Came out with probably the best "leftover" team in the district despite losing ace Mattison Smith. Helmke and crew have the potential to take this district)

2. LCM (Very young except for lone reuturning starter Jake Rowell. Potential is there with this team but leadership will be key and how they can respond to the pressure situations)

3. Ozen (Return their whole starting line-up including outstanding juniors Josh Gardiner and DD Lott. This could be a year for Ozen to make some noise in district 22-4A

4. PNG (Despite losing their starting rotation, if this team can minimize their mistakes on and off the field, they could make a run for the 2nd or 3rd spot)

5. Vidor (Return a good line-up and with head coach Kyle Green at the helm, the playoffs are not out of the question)

6. Dayton (Don't know much about this team, but hear that they have a legitimate starting pitcher)

7. Lumberton (For starters, they ran off a great one in Coach Buff and they also never seem to play up to expectations. Discipline will be key in L-town)

8. Central (I'll leave this rating to the imagination)

So there you have it. An opinionated finale for district 22-4A

Here is my guess

Nederland

Lcm

Png

Vidor/Lumberton

Dayton

Ozen

Central

Nederland had a lot of good players left over so they should do somewhat good

Lcm is going to be young this year but i think they should still do good with coach Griff

Png lost a lot of thier starting picthers but i think they will still do good with the bat this year

Vidor didn't lose that many senoirs but them and lumberton will make a run for 4th place i think Lumberton has a new coach i think that will help them a lot if they dont run this one off too

don't no to much about Dayton but im guessing they won't be too bad

Ozen will need some work this year but we will see how that goes

and im with Baseball1215 for Central i'll leave it for your imagination

It is very difficult to make predictions this early, but if you are going to try, you have to give the nod to proven pitching.

1.Ozen- I know you guys think I am crazy, but they have arguably the best two pitchers in the district on the same team.

2.Nederland- Helmke is a proven varsity pitcher to lead an otherwise overhauld staff, but Nederland never seems to run out of seniors to fill holes.

3.PNG, LCM, Vidor- All 3 can hit and will play sound defense. I know PNG will have Harrington and Flores, but neither has pitched much on the Varsity. I don't believe LCM returns anyone who even pitched an inning. Vidor is still looking for consistant quality starters. (edge to PNG)

6.Lumberton- Many returners. May play a large roll in who ends up with the third spot as they should be competitive every game.

7.Dayton-Has never played a district schedule like they are about to face.

I think it is very difficult to make predictions based on last year's performance. The one thing you can't gauge is what the underclassman coming up will do. PNG for instance had a senior heavy team last year and really struggled. They also have a lot of players coming up that have played select baseball for a long time. LCM and Vidor also have underclassmen with select baseball experience. Nederland does have the edge with the returning players they have. But I wouldn't count out PNG, LCM or Vidor from taking the district.

• 2 months later...

OH My Gosh........he we go again. :roll: :roll: Did you folks not learn anything after football season..... :idea: :idea:

Now that is funny. The new kid on the block automatically gets last place. That is quite a concept however I think that Dayton has probably played baseball before. This district is very competitive and has quite a record in the last few years of sending a team to the state tournament however Dayton has the same chance as anyone else.

LCM will make the playoffs' date=' enough said. As long as Griffith is there they make it.[/quote']

They have ONE returning player with solid varsity experience. THATS IT ! If Griff can pull off the playoffs this year..........well, then he should apply for Joe Torre's job in NY. I am not saying he can't do it, I just believe it's gonna be TOUGH.

1PN-G

Ned

3 Ozen

4 LC-M

5 Vidor

Dayton

7 Lumberton

8 Central

PN-G and Nederland should battle it out for the district title. Ozen probably has the best pitching in the district. LC-M lost every player except Jake Rowell. Vidor and Lumberton can scare some people. I really don't know much about Dayton but I gotta respect the baseball team because of what the football team did in district. With that said, I firmly believe that the district is wide open.............. Let the games begin

Dayton will be competitive this year. We do have two good pitchers and a mature team. Our future pitchers look very good---two freshmen and one sophomore. The sophomore will pitch for varsity this year. He is young but will contribute. The biggest change is a new coach with a new attitude. The team looks to respond very well under the direction of Coach Craus. The baseball people in Dayton are looking forward to the season.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very difficult to make predictions this early, but if you are going to try, you have to give the nod to proven pitching.

1.Ozen- I know you guys think I am crazy, but they have arguably the best two pitchers in the district on the same team.

2.Nederland- Helmke is a proven varsity pitcher to lead an otherwise overhauld staff, but Nederland never seems to run out of seniors to fill holes.

3.PNG, LCM, Vidor-  All 3 can hit and will play sound defense.  I know PNG will have Harrington and Flores, but neither has pitched much on the Varsity.  I don't believe LCM returns anyone who even pitched an inning.  Vidor is still looking for consistant quality starters. (edge to PNG)

6.Lumberton- Many returners.  May play a large roll in who ends up with the third spot as they should be competitive every game.

7.Dayton-Has never played a district schedule like they are about to face.

Dayton will be able to compete with the top teams in district play, just as the came in and cleaned out what was supposed to be a very difficult football district that they were picked near the bottom in

Ozen- I know you guys think I am crazy, but they have arguably the best three pitchers in the district on the same team. I have seen Lott swing the bat this summer and dont know why his name is not mention more and we know what Gardiner, and James can do. then

NED.

VIDOR

PNG

-

noone respects dayton..we dominated in football. we are dominating in basketball. We will dominate in track. even though the toughest sport for dayton will be baseball becuase 22-4A is a dominate baseball district therestill is no reason we wont go in and make playoffs..

PNG

Nederland

Dayton

LCM

then the rest

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics