vidor preseason

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when will yall actually play a football team.....dont talk to much bout winning district til you play a quality team........

Seems like the majority of the people talking about them are people like you that are not even from Vidor. If your worried say your worried. Dont be scared.I dont believe there has been a thread started by someone about this team that is from Vidor.

More talk about Vidor and their big expectations?  Man, come on.  Give it a rest.  It's no secret.  Their pre-district sucks.  The kids can only play who is on their schedule.  Only thing they can do is prove all the doubters wrong.  This is the same thing that lumberton had to do a few years ago.  They had a weak schedule, heck, they have one now.  But they win ball games in district.  Now it's your turn, Vidor. Let the haters hate.  Just keep playing your ball.  When district rolls around in a couple of weeks, then we will see what it's about. 

Jesus Christ! Talk about pathetic, actually starting a thread about this... The players don't choose who they play against, they just play! And from the looks of it, seems like they're doing a pretty darn good job so far... Some people are just downright sad...

Vidor isn't the only team playing easy non-district teams... Look at the "holy" University of Texas Longhorns... Who are they playing in their "non-district" (non-conference)? Lousiana Monroe, Wyoming, Central Florida and UTEP... 4 weak and easy teams to get the kinks out to prepare for Big 12 conference play... Ever think that Vidor might be doing the same thing?

Jesus Christ! Talk about pathetic, actually starting a thread about this... The players don't choose who they play against, they just play! And from the looks of it, seems like they're doing a pretty darn good job so far... Some people are just downright sad...

Vidor isn't the only team playing easy non-district teams... Look at the "holy" University of Texas Longhorns... Who are they playing in their "non-district" (non-conference)? Lousiana Monroe, Wyoming, Central Florida and UTEP... 4 weak and easy teams to get the kinks out to prepare for Big 12 conference play... Ever think that Vidor might be doing the same thing?

Excellent post!!!! While I would like for us to play bigger schools it aint happening this year. The kids have to show up and play whos in front of them.What I dont understand is the conception that it makes your team better if you play a tuff non district schedule. someone show me some proof that this is fact. I believe that this is strictly a coaches descision on what he thinks is best for his team.Some play it tuff and some wont. I think your reference to  the Texas schedule should put this matter to rest.

What has Crosby learned in there preseason schedule.  That they are not as good as they thought.????? Two huge losses from two tuff teams.?????You tell me,

Thats not my question. How does it make you better by playing a tuff schedule? You either got the horses are you dont is what it comes down to. In your theroy you can find that out playing a weak team if you lose or barely get by them you get the same result.

Look at the "holy" University of Texas Longhorns... Who are they playing in their "non-district" (non-conference)? Lousiana Monroe, Wyoming, Central Florida and UTEP... 4 weak and easy teams to get the kinks out to prepare for Big 12 conference play...

Aries456, thanks for pointing this out. I've thought that for years. No one ever mentions the Bonghorns weak pre-conference schedule year after year after year ... despite the fact they they are picked to be dominant in the Big 12 yet again this year. Go figure. Shouldn't they be playing teams like Boise State, USC, LSU, and Florida to prove that they are a dominant team worthy of their ranking? Why don't they?

I'm not making an excuse for Mathews and company ... I just think what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Attack EVERY team in the state that plays a weak preseason schedule.

Well the Longhorns do it because their scored gets paid a butt load of money to play those smaller schools. Also, unlike high school, in college if you lose one game your almost out of national title contention. It's not like they get four preseason games that don't count before district starts. Every game counts. I'm not making excuse just giving you reasons why and pointing out that you can't compare the two.

Well the Longhorns do it because their scored gets paid a butt load of money to play those smaller schools. Also, unlike high school, in college if you lose one game your almost out of national title contention. It's not like they get four preseason games that don't count before district starts. Every game counts. I'm not making excuse just giving you reasons why and pointing out that you can't compare the two.

National title or not, it is still a poo-poo schedule and I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

Dont think for one minute that High School Football isnt all business. Its fun for the fans, but ask any coach. Doesnt matter how swell a guy he is, if he isnt winning, he wont be coaching! Down the road, they only count wins and losses. I don't think playing weak opponents prepares you for a tough district or conference as much as playing quality team, but that may or may not matter. As BmtSoulja said, the kids can only play who is on their schedule. Lets quit knocking them for it.

Let's not just pick on my Longhorns. Besides OK ST. vs. Georgia, and OK vs. BYU, name another tough college game this past weeekend. Let's not forget the national champion's, Florida's, games against Charleston Southern and Troy. Man, you got small schools lined up to get their butt handed to them by Texas. They get some exposure and make some huge bucks, especially if it has tv coverage. Plus, these kids get to actually say they played against Texas, something they will always remember even in a loss.

I already gave Vidor the OK to play these teams.  ;D If you're suppossed to kick someone's butt and you do it, then you did your job. If you are Ohio St. and Navy almost kicks your tail, then you should drop down a few notches. But you really can't compare high school and college football. It's a whole nother level.

Vidor's pre-district schedule will have no bearing on the district games. They rolled the inferior competition they have played. What more can they do? Lumberton has played a weak pre-district schedule for years. when district starts and the lights come on I am fairly certain all 20-4A teams will turn it up a notch and come to play. Whether they squeaked by Barbers hill, lost to West Brook, dominated WOS in a scrimmage, or best some private school. It dosent matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be settled on the field when district starts. I am from Lumberton and believe Vidor will be in contention for the district title. They have alot of returning seniors and a massive physical offensive line.I cant remember a year where nearly every school has a shot.

get over it preseason games dont mean crap......last year we barely beat Kelly by 8 and St. Thomas by 16 but we beat the District Champs Lumberton, so if you judge a team by the preseason schedule your foolish, respect every team every friday night or you find yourself sitting home week 1 of the playoffs, Vidor is not the typical Vidor team this year, will we make the playoffs who knows but I bet if you take us lightly we beat your butt

More talk about Vidor and their big expectations?  Man, come on.  Give it a rest.  It's no secret.  Their pre-district sucks.  The kids can only play who is on their schedule.   Only thing they can do is prove all the doubters wrong.  This is the same thing that lumberton had to do a few years ago.  They had a weak schedule, heck, they have one now.  But they win ball games in district.  Now it's your turn, Vidor. Let the haters hate.  Just keep playing your ball.  When district rolls around in a couple of weeks, then we will see what it's about. 

As always great comments soul man. I would like to meet you at the Central game if you get a chance!

More talk about Vidor and their big expectations?  Man, come on.  Give it a rest.  It's no secret.  Their pre-district sucks.  The kids can only play who is on their schedule.  Only thing they can do is prove all the doubters wrong.  This is the same thing that lumberton had to do a few years ago.  They had a weak schedule, heck, they have one now.  But they win ball games in district.  Now it's your turn, Vidor. Let the haters hate.  Just keep playing your ball.  When district rolls around in a couple of weeks, then we will see what it's about. 

Amen....

Guest bleed orange

More talk about Vidor and their big expectations?  Man, come on.  Give it a rest.  It's no secret.  Their pre-district sucks.  The kids can only play who is on their schedule.   Only thing they can do is prove all the doubters wrong.  This is the same thing that lumberton had to do a few years ago.  They had a weak schedule, heck, they have one now.  But they win ball games in district.  Now it's your turn, Vidor. Let the haters hate.  Just keep playing your ball.  When district rolls around in a couple of weeks, then we will see what it's about.  

I like your post. When you come from a program that is not accustomed to winning. Confidence is a big factor and can go a long way. Who cares who vidor plays in non-district. Either you are good or you are not. Orangefield made the playoffs in 2005(Basketball) for the first time in 56 years. Their non district schedule was weak. Wins bring confidence for some teams. Depends on the team I guess. Go Vidor, prove all the haters wrong.

Got to love the respect Vidor gets.  Matter of fact, got to love the respect everyone but WOS, PNG, Nederland, and West Brook gets.  Vidor and Lumberton have always been abused on this board and finally they are in a position to kick some PNG and Nederland butts and even now they can't get respect.  I'd take 1 Vidors or Lumberton fan over a 1000 self-loving idiots for West Orange who think they are going to state each year.  Vidor/Lumberton and their fans take it one game at a time, not predicting State every freaking start two-a-days.

Vidor and Lumberton, take care of business and take the district you deserve.  WOS is again going to be a dissapointment, like they always are. 

it will hurt vidor in the long run, thats all there is to it

Explain, How is it going to hurt them? Show me some proof that playing a tuff non district schedule gets you more ready than playing a weak one. Lets say they schedule Katy,Ennis,and North Shore.You've probably got 3 losses and some banged up kids. I geuss your tuffer for it in some peoples eyes.

LIKE I SAID SOMEONE SHOW ME PROOF THAT IT MAKES YOU BETTER!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed