vidor preseason

im a pirate fan but i will tell you that if any team starts district play thinking theyve got a district title wrapped up then they are probably going to be dissapointed. this is a tough district and i dont think any one team is going to walk away with this thing. if vidor shows up unprepared then they will get beat. they have as good a chance this year as they ever had and its sad that alot of people cant understand that pirate fans are only excited about theyre teams chances. to me dave cambells picks dont mean anything but its definatly put a target on the pirates back...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love the respect Vidor gets.  Matter of fact, got to love the respect everyone but WOS, PNG, Nederland, and West Brook gets.  Vidor and Lumberton have always been abused on this board and finally they are in a position to kick some PNG and Nederland butts and even now they can't get respect.  I'd take 1 Vidors or Lumberton fan over a 1000 self-loving idiots for West Orange who think they are going to state each year.  Vidor/Lumberton and their fans take it one game at a time, not predicting State every freaking start two-a-days.

Vidor and Lumberton, take care of business and take the district you deserve.  WOS is again going to be a dissapointment, like they always are.  

PNG getting respect? We haven't got one ounce of respect this year. We force 7 turnovers against Barbers Hill and our offense/defense responds in the second half when they needed to but yet we suck cuz we only won by 1 and BH "should of won." Then we crush Crosby by 30, defense forces 3 turnovers, all against a team that was picked to win by 7, and the verdict comes down that we aren't good its just crosby sucks. PNG has gotten no respect, but there is one difference between us and Vidor. We aren't crying about the lack of respect. We know what our team can do and what they will do. We don't have to get on here and be all defensive when everyone says we are going to suck cuz we have a bad season last year. If you want more respect, let people talk their crap and don't get all defensive and whine about it. We know what PNG will do, and we will have respect at the end of the year. Just let your play do the talking Vidor, stop crying.

simply check over the years of teams that play cupcakes, versus teams that play the same type of teams they will face in district. What happens is the play that has been working against these cupcakes may not work agaist a stronger faster team. Rt now vidor does not know what they need to be working on to get better for the tougher teams, since every thing they are running should be working now versus the smaller, slower teams.

No one is saying play above ur competition (Katy's) just play up to ur level. The only time u should be playing up , is if u know u have a deep playoff team.  That is why u see wos playing 4a teams, not 2a teams. That is why wos scrimmages vidor, because that will help them in the long run, now what they need to correct for the long run.

Playing cupcakes, is not much more than a practice, whatever u run, should work, and if its not, than u are in trouble anyway.

Got to love the respect Vidor gets.  Matter of fact, got to love the respect everyone but WOS, PNG, Nederland, and West Brook gets.  Vidor and Lumberton have always been abused on this board and finally they are in a position to kick some PNG and Nederland butts and even now they can't get respect.  I'd take 1 Vidors or Lumberton fan over a 1000 self-loving idiots for West Orange who think they are going to state each year.  Vidor/Lumberton and their fans take it one game at a time, not predicting State every freaking start two-a-days.

Vidor and Lumberton, take care of business and take the district you deserve.  WOS is again going to be a dissapointment, like they always are.  

PNG getting respect? We haven't got one ounce of respect this year. We force 7 turnovers against Barbers Hill and our offense/defense responds in the second half when they needed to but yet we suck cuz we only won by 1 and BH "should of won." Then we crush Crosby by 30, defense forces 3 turnovers, all against a team that was picked to win by 7, and the verdict comes down that we aren't good its just crosby sucks. PNG has gotten no respect, but there is one difference between us and Vidor. We aren't crying about the lack of respect. We know what our team can do and what they will do. We don't have to get on here and be all defensive when everyone says we are going to suck cuz we have a bad season last year. If you want more respect, let people talk their crap and don't get all defensive and whine about it. We know what PNG will do, and we will have respect at the end of the year. Just let your play do the talking Vidor, stop crying.

Your quoting someone from the hill not Vidor. From the sound of your post your a pretty good whiner yourself

im a pirate fan but i will tell you that if any team starts district play thinking theyve got a district title wrapped up then they are probably going to be dissapointed. this is a tough district and i dont think any one team is going to walk away with this thing. if vidor shows up unprepared then they will get beat. they have as good a chance this year as they ever had and its sad that alot of people cant understand that pirate fans are only excited about theyre teams chances. to me dave cambells picks don't mean anything but its definatly put a target on the pirates back...

No player or coach thinks that....i haven't heard any fan say it... only dave campbell has said it...our boys take it one game at a time...

I SAY IT AGAIN, NO ONE BUT DAVE CAMPBELL HAS SAID VIDOR WILL WIN DISTRICT AND BY THAT WE HAVE ALOT OF HATERS.....

VIDOR WILL BE A LOT BETTER AND BY NO MEANS BE A PUSH OVER AS WE HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST...

im a pirate fan but i will tell you that if any team starts district play thinking theyve got a district title wrapped up then they are probably going to be dissapointed. this is a tough district and i dont think any one team is going to walk away with this thing. if vidor shows up unprepared then they will get beat. they have as good a chance this year as they ever had and its sad that alot of people cant understand that pirate fans are only excited about theyre teams chances. to me dave cambells picks don't mean anything but its definatly put a target on the pirates back...

No player or coach thinks that....i haven't heard any fan say it... only dave campbell has said it...our boys take it one game at a time...

Who do u think will win district than vp 93?

I SAY IT AGAIN, NO ONE BUT DAVE CAMPBELL HAS SAID VIDOR WILL WIN DISTRICT AND BY THAT WE HAVE ALOT OF HATERS.....

VIDOR WILL BE A LOT BETTER AND BY NO MEANS BE A PUSH OVER AS WE HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST...

Texas has only went all weak recently.  Texas tried to find a marquee game for the last four years and no one has stepped up so they have settled. Please do your research.

All the research in the world will not change the FACT that in this MODERN TIME (not the past, in other words  ;) ) they play a very, very, VERY weak preconference schedule. Yet all the T-shirt UT fans are expecting Big 12 Championship and National Title every year.

So are you people defending UT's WEAK schedule saying that who you play before conference dosen't matter if you are a good team?  ???

Why do u people think it doesn't hurt TX? Comparing vidor and TX football may be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. That's like comparing TX to dallas. Just dumb

I used Texas as an example. I guess only dumb people use valid examples though, right? Dang, who knew! Thanks for doing us a favor and clearing all that up! No more examples needed!  :D :D :D

Okay sarcasm over ... how is a weak preseason schedule alright for team building as long as it is a college team but not if it is a high school team? Don't call people names, just answer the question.

It certainly hurt UT last year didn't it! If Texas had played anyone of substance out of conference then they would have been ahead of OU in the BCS standings and played for a National Title!

Seems as though the last National Title for UT came in a season where they beat a good Ohio State team out of conference early in the year.

So yes it does appear that it hurst UT to play a weak OOC schedule just like it hurts Vidor.

Let's not compare college to high school, cuz no matte how weak or strong your schedule is in the beginning, it all comes down to the last part of your schedule. UT won the big games halfway through the season but then had a weak last few games while OU finished the year against the top teams in the conference. UT had no control over that. BCS plain and simple. In high school a stronger preseason schedule should help a team but can also hurt a team, but even if it's a weak schedule it still prepares them for district and a chance to get in the playoffs. No strength of schedule or computers decide if a team makes the playoffs, just DISTRICT wins or loses.

Early season OOC play does count tremendously in the FBS. OU beat a BCS team in Cincinatti and top 25 team in TCU OOC last year. That played a major part in them getting the BCS title game over UT. Sure winning down the stretch helps, but both things factor in heavily. It is however different at the HS level. Winning those hard pre-district battles is not totaly necessary come district time. If you play a top 10 team and hang with them and learn where your weaknesses are, but loose you are still better for it come district time as long as you know how to correct the weaknesses. Good teams expose your problem areas and that's best figured out before it really matters.

In high school it really doesnt matter.  The only thing it does is make it tougher to gauge who a team really is.  Only district matters and then the playoffs... Their schedule does no one harm.  The only negative is not being able to play a top tier opponent until district and then the playoffs come knocking.  I think there are advantages to playing above your head If your squad knows it is good even after a loss.  The negative is that fans sometimes get false aspirations after their team trumps a weakling!!!!

And let's be honest, top teir teams are looking for better teams than Vidor to put on their schedule.  No one is beating down that door!  Not saying that this years team wont be GREAT but all coaches have is the past to guage whether to take their team on the road and spend money to play VIDOR!!!!

Look at the "holy" University of Texas Longhorns... Who are they playing in their "non-district" (non-conference)? Lousiana Monroe, Wyoming, Central Florida and UTEP... 4 weak and easy teams to get the kinks out to prepare for Big 12 conference play...

Aries456, thanks for pointing this out. I've thought that for years. No one ever mentions the Bonghorns weak pre-conference schedule year after year after year ... despite the fact they they are picked to be dominant in the Big 12 yet again this year. Go figure. Shouldn't they be playing teams like Boise State, USC, LSU, and Florida to prove that they are a dominant team worthy of their ranking? Why don't they?

I'm not making an excuse for Mathews and company ... I just think what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Attack EVERY team in the state that plays a weak preseason schedule.

Man, What an ignorant post. This year the schedule included Top 20 Utah who backed out and an SEC team in Arkansas. They played a home and home with Ohio St. in 05' and 06'. They have tried to schedule Alabama and Georgia. Teams will not play them. If I remember right the last time UT played LSU and USC they beat them. Florida might get their shot this year. Keep hoping and praying the Sheep Pumpers can qualify for a bowl game.

Look at the "holy" University of Texas Longhorns... Who are they playing in their "non-district" (non-conference)? Lousiana Monroe, Wyoming, Central Florida and UTEP... 4 weak and easy teams to get the kinks out to prepare for Big 12 conference play...

Aries456, thanks for pointing this out. I've thought that for years. No one ever mentions the Bonghorns weak pre-conference schedule year after year after year ... despite the fact they they are picked to be dominant in the Big 12 yet again this year. Go figure. Shouldn't they be playing teams like Boise State, USC, LSU, and Florida to prove that they are a dominant team worthy of their ranking? Why don't they?

I'm not making an excuse for Mathews and company ... I just think what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Attack EVERY team in the state that plays a weak preseason schedule.

Man, What an ignorant post. This year the schedule included Top 20 Utah who backed out and an SEC team in Arkansas. They played a home and home with Ohio St. in 05' and 06'. They have tried to schedule Alabama and Georgia. Teams will not play them. If I remember right the last time UT played LSU and USC they beat them. Florida might get their shot this year. Keep hoping and praying the Sheep Pumpers can qualify for a bowl game.

I dont care about this topic either way but man that was funny. Yeah i wouldnt want to play UT either, an early loss is bad!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont