Grade your team

BigWolf10

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am a Jaguar alumni so let me try this out!!!

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truely A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

This team is the hardest hitting Jag team in years!!! These boys believe in bringing that hat!!! There are sure tacklers here too, that wrap up and carry through on the tackle.  The front seven is really strong though they don't blitz ever down like past teams.  This is more of a contain defense.  Last year was big risk / big reward.  Though 80 % of the time the pinned back ears blitz defense did its job, it left Central open to big plays which hurt them at times.  This D is a containment D with situational blitz thatreally addresses the big play.  However the dbs tend to fall asleep looking at the QB and not WR.  This is correctable, though...

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truely a surprise.  The Field goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

Good analysis Short, although I only differ with the Special team. The deep punter gotta get the ball to the punter. Special team cost us Friday and could have cause us against PAM. But we got lucky and got the two points. I give em a D

nope, theres a difference in having a disagreement and attacking.

Thanks BigDog--may I add that  IMO.... position bashing is also very close to player bashing.  Offense, Defense, Special teams, and play calling strategy could be graded without being too specific. 

Brick--a little advice--when you are being constructive---insert your name at all the places and see what you would think if it was you.  Then you might want to make a few adjustments. 

LOL--I must say DP#1FAN is quite skilled at this.  He got his point across quite well without being offensive.  He must be a coach.

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

This team is the hardest hitting Jag team in years!!! These boys believe in bringing that hat!!! There are sure tacklers here too, that wrap up and carry through on the tackle.  The front seven is really strong though they don't blitz ever down like past teams.  This is more of a contain defense.  Last year was big risk / big reward.  Though 80 % of the time the pinned back ears blitz defense did its job, it left Central open to big plays which hurt them at times.  This D is a containment D with situational blitz thatreally addresses the big play.  However the dbs tend to fall asleep looking at the QB and not WR.  This is correctable, though...

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truly a surprise.  The Field goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

Nicely Wrote..From what i hear My Nephew told me that they've been through every snapper this week..so this should get better,,Other than that your Accurate on all points..And the Secondary Should get better these are all 1st time starters so just a few early  season Jitters..

And your right..This years Defense Brings the Hat HARD :D..Cant wait for the Vidor, Central Game

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

This team is the hardest hitting Jag team in years!!! These boys believe in bringing that hat!!! There are sure tacklers here too, that wrap up and carry through on the tackle.  The front seven is really strong though they don't blitz ever down like past teams.  This is more of a contain defense.  Last year was big risk / big reward.  Though 80 % of the time the pinned back ears blitz defense did its job, it left Central open to big plays which hurt them at times.  This D is a containment D with situational blitz thatreally addresses the big play.  However the dbs tend to fall asleep looking at the QB and not WR.  This is correctable, though...

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truly a surprise.  The Field goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

Nicely Wrote..From what i hear My Nephew told me that they've been through every snapper this week..so this should get better,,Other than that your Accurate on all points..And the Secondary Should get better these are all 1st time starters so just a few early  season Jitters..

And your right..This years Defense Brings the Hat HARD :D..Cant wait for the Vidor, Central Game

Thats good to here...I hope Central puts it on them!!

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

This team is the hardest hitting Jag team in years!!! These boys believe in bringing that hat!!! There are sure tacklers here too, that wrap up and carry through on the tackle.  The front seven is really strong though they don't blitz ever down like past teams.  This is more of a contain defense.  Last year was big risk / big reward.  Though 80 % of the time the pinned back ears blitz defense did its job, it left Central open to big plays which hurt them at times.  This D is a containment D with situational blitz thatreally addresses the big play.  However the dbs tend to fall asleep looking at the QB and not WR.  This is correctable, though...

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truly a surprise.  The Field goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

Nicely Wrote..From what i hear My Nephew told me that they've been through every snapper this week..so this should get better,,Other than that your Accurate on all points..And the Secondary Should get better these are all 1st time starters so just a few early  season Jitters..

Six says one; half a dozen says another.  ;D

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truly a surprise.  The Field goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

Nicely Wrote..From what i hear My Nephew told me that they've been through every snapper this week..so this should get better,,Other than that your Accurate on all points..And the Secondary Should get better these are all 1st time starters so just a few early  season Jitters..

whats that suppose to mean?

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with. However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game. The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

Special teams - C

Seems that no one taught you analogies. It means that some people will agree with you and some won't. I don't know about y'all but I was at the Vidor HJ game last night and i seen some of Vidor's O-line playing D-line as well all throughout the game 4 quarters. So this goes to show that only can they play 4 quarters on offense but they do it on d as well.

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with. However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game. The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

Special teams - C

Seems that no one taught you analogies. It means that some people will agree with you and some won't. I don't know about y'all but I was at the Vidor HJ game last night and i seen some of Vidor's O-line playing D-line as well all throughout the game 4 quarters. So this goes to show that only can they play 4 quarters on offense but they do it on d as well.

Well, we'll see in two weeks. Maybe those big ole' boyz will just have to go both ways to stay with those Jags :D.I think the opponents Central play prepare them better for District play, JMO

Offense - B+

Defense - A

Special teams - C

I certainly don't condone injuring players on purpose, but Central D, hit the Peerats hard enough that when L-Town plays them and makes the first hard hit they have flashbacks and get scared.  :D

Tackling C-to many missed tackles for -yardage  Offense B better than expected thus far  Defense B have room for improvement sacking QB'S  Special Teams B Unknown on return kickoffs-not kicking to deep return guys. AH the most important part HEART-A  playing hard every down,not giving up. Turnovers C to many non- contact fumbles changing hands w/the ball.

Offense - B+

Defense - A

Special teams - C

I certainly don't condone injuring players on purpose, but Central D, hit the Peerats hard enough that when L-Town plays them and makes the first hard hit they have flashbacks and get scared.  :D

I don't think anyone could hit Vidor's line hard enough to scare them haha.  ;D As far as Lumberton goes, I hope it's another loss for yall just like what happened last year.  ;)

Deweyville  Pirates

Won't tackle

Won't block

No discipline

Won't win until these things change.

They start teaching them at a young age.

we start teaching them at a young age here,also, and they do really good in peewee through senior league. our kids usually win really big under these dad coaches, but when they get to junior high, it all falls apart.  can anyone tell what the problem is?????

i guess i will be the first to grade BH

Offense-  B- just on the fact that when the line is blocking well and play calling is decent then they can't be stopped, but the fact that there has been about 18 turnovers in 3 games is nothing to be happy about

Deffense-  B+ plays very well against the faster teams yet wasnt strong enough to stop the power teams. Quarterback pressure is the best ive seen since the 05 team and defensive backs are decent, just need to force more turnovers

Special Teams-  A  decent kickoff returnes, punter, and punt block team

Overall-  B+

Deweyville  Pirates

Won't tackle

Won't block

No discipline

Won't win until these things change.

They start teaching them at a young age.

we start teaching them at a young age here,also, and they do really good in peewee through senior league. our kids usually win really big under these dad coaches, but when they get to junior high, it all falls apart.  can anyone tell what the problem is?????

Which Pirate are you? Red+White or Black+Gold?

Guest Jaguar-J

Offense - B+

Defense - A

Special teams - C

I certainly don't condone injuring players on purpose, but Central D, hit the Peerats hard enough that when L-Town plays them and makes the first hard hit they have flashbacks and get scared.  :D

Vidor always plays us scared and I dont see this year being any different ;D

peerats i like it oldtimer

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami