*Vidor vs. St. Thomas Updates/VIDOR WINS!

KFDM COOP

vidor looks good but look who they have played, 2 private schools and next week they play hj. how can you really grade on how good vidor is when they havent even been tested yet

Hey indianforever (and every other purple wearing hater out there):

Yes, I think we should play bigger teams now BUT we played Kelly and St. Thomas last year in the pre-district contests, remember? And we still kicked your butts, remember? How did you grade us last year, huh? I grade us having a more improved line even than last year. You are choosing to be blind this year for some reason.

Better hire you some purple and white stripes this year or it will be a sad night at the Reservation. Our team is much improved over the team that beat the crud out of you last year.  ;D

(No offense intended to the Indian fans out there who post with class.)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Vidor is still really untested but I think a lot of you are going to be surprised this team can go

I've always felt that Vidor has not received the respect they deserve in our district.  I feel Vidor will make the playoffs this year....a good solid team.  Keep up the good work.  Congrats on the win! ;D

Thanks Injun. I have to say it was unreal to watch them score at will last night! And the two long passes blew me away. We have a very athletic QB with alot of skills. He even ran for several yards a few times. The latter part of the game we subbed just about everyone. I think we ran every available running back including some that I have not even heard of. We also got to see our backup QB for the last quarter. There were many positive signs and few negative ones. Our pass protection looked much better than last week. Hopefully Pitman is OK. I heard it was just a strain. I think I would let him rest until Central game if I were making the decisions. What happened to Peevy did I miss something from last week?

I don't care what anyone thinks of Vidor and neither does the team.  Coach Matthews and his crew know they have a great team this year...despite who we play in the pre-season!!!  It will be tougher in district, and we may not score all of those points like we have over the past two games; but, we will be a team everyone will worry about!  They are ready and they will MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Great game last night guys.  Great fakes and great passing and receiving!!!  District will be exciting and I believe some really close games!!!

HAHAHA, just like the crosby fans said, we need help from officials! How did that work out? I know youre kidding but we dont need them and neither do the pirates! I am very much looking forward to Vidor coming to town, going to be a quicker game than this one because last night there were a TON of incompletes. I understand you run all over everyone so we are going to have to stop you if we want the ball much. Good luck to the Pirates and may you arrive injury free, and facing a healthy Tribe! Its our homecoming by the way.

Just curious. Isn't St. Thomas where Craig Biggio coaches the baseball team? I hear he helps coach football also and was wondering if anyone saw him.

One more thing, if a team plays someone that others think doesn't mean much, but the score ends up the way this one did, then Vidor did their job.

HAHAHA, just like the crosby fans said, we need help from officials! How did that work out? I know youre kidding but we dont need them and neither do the pirates! I am very much looking forward to Vidor coming to town, going to be a quicker game than this one because last night there were a TON of incompletes. I understand you run all over everyone so we are going to have to stop you if we want the ball much. Good luck to the Pirates and may you arrive injury free, and facing a healthy Tribe! Its our homecoming by the way.

I agree it is going to be a fun night! ANd I also hope everyone stays healthy! Good luck guys and kick some butt next week also.

Just curious. Isn't St. Thomas where Craig Biggio coaches the baseball team? I hear he helps coach football also and was wondering if anyone saw him.

One more thing, if a team plays someone that others think doesn't mean much, but the score ends up the way this one did, then Vidor did their job.

Thanks bad dog and Biggio was right in front of us on the sideline. One of our cheerleaders went out on the sideline and talked to him during the game.

Guest pirates

Who does vidor play next week the beaumont school of the blind..this is ridiculous that you guys are excited about beating some scrub schools.

If I could Karma, you would be in last place... :o

Guest pirates

Who does vidor play next week the beaumont school of the blind..this is ridiculous that you guys are excited about beating some scrub schools.

You forgot your question mark after blind... So therefore your comment was negated and did not count...

;D ;D ;D

Guest JoesBros

why cant everyone leave vidor alone for now we will see how good everyone is when district starts thats when the measuring stick for everyone really counts  >:(

Vidor Stats;

Rushing 53/493  5 TD's

Passing  2/80    2 TD's

Individual stats later

WOW! ;D ANd yes I am celebrating!!!! Mid coulty get ready!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The negative stuuf isn't gonna stop Pirate, we are weak again this year to if you read the post on here, we played a weak Barbers Hill last night and won barely by 35-29 that PNG beat 21-20 last week so it will keep coming lol  ;D ;D

Vidor Stats;

Rushing 53/493  5 TD's

Passing  2/80    2 TD's

Individual stats later

WOW! ;D ANd yes I am celebrating!!!! Mid coulty get ready!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The negative stuuf isn't gonna stop Pirate, we are weak again this year to if you read the post on here, we played a weak Barbers Hill last night and won barely by 35-29 that PNG beat 21-20 last week so it will keep coming lol   ;D ;D

I agree Ltrain, but it is nice t understand where you guys have been the last few years! ;D

Guest pirates

Vidor 53, Houston St. Thomas 21 - Final

Vidor Overall: 1-0  District: 0-0

Houston St. Thomas Overall: 0-1  District: 0-0

Boxscore

Friday September 4, 2009 7:00pm

1  2  3  4      Total

Vidor                    7 21 12 13    53

Houston St. Thomas 0 0  7  14    21

Scoring summary

VID -- Shane Pittman 69-yard run (kick), 2:30, 1st.

VID -- Nick Dozier 35-yard pass from Kevin Tate (Kevin Tate run), 9:00, 2nd.

VID -- Nick Dozier 47-yard pass from Jacob Travis (kick), 1:15, 2nd.

VID -- Kevin Tate 11-yard run (kick failed), 10:59, 2nd.

VID -- Kevin Tate 38-yard run (kick failed), 9:00, 3rd.

VID -- Kevin Tate 61-yard run (Nick Dozier run failed), 4:42, 3rd.

HST -- Hunter Kopycinski 13-yard pass from Conor Biggio (Beau Brady kick), 11:20, 3rd.

HST -- Hunter Kopycinski 49-yard pass from Conor Biggio (Beau Brady kick), 8:58, 4th.

VID -- Joe Mosica 1-yard run (kick), 2:46, 4th.

VID -- Chris Shouse 06-yard run (kick), 10:20, 4th.

HST -- Hunter Kopycinski 18-yard pass from Will Gutkowski (Beau Brady kick), 0:39, 4th.

Team Stats

Vidor        Houston St. Thomas

Total yards    573                  249

First downs    15                    8

Rushes/Yds    53/493            25/46

Average rush  9.22              1.84

Comp/Atts    2/2/0            6/17/1

Pass yards      82                203

Comp pct      100              35.29

Fumbles/Lost  1/1                0/0

Penalties-yards 5-45            2-25

Vidor

Passing

Name Comp    Att    Pct    Yds    TD INT

Nick Dozier      2    100    82      2  0

Rushing

Name                  Att    Yds      Yds/Att    Long      TD

Jacob Peevey        5      19          3.8        8          0

Shane Pittman      14      184        13.1      70        1

Kevin Tate          10      111        11.1      64        3

Nick Dozier          3        54          18        34          0

Thanks baddog. I guess I do like you, even if you are a Cowboys fan.  ;)

And to all you haters out there, I do agree we need stiffer competiton in pre-district. Check some of my earlier posts. But for you to come on here to cut down our boys like they are pushovers just because they play the teams that the coaches schedule? What the crap? Our boys do their job and they do it well. At least have the cohanas to recognize that and give credit where credit is due. The fellow I'm quoting obviously has them ... how about you?

So, I'm glad you pointed that out baddog. Kudos to you.

this is a classic case of jealousy from other 20-4a schools. they have gotten used to vidor being a team that wasnt in contention to win but pulled for them to win at the end of the season when they needed vidor to beat someone in order for them to make post season. well now they see their school under vidors in predictions of completion will they be the one not in contention or will they be put out because a mental error with 41 seconds left. all of which vidor has felt in recent years. respect and vidor havent went in same sentence during football season for years well now we have evryones attention ..... we will finish non district 3-0 and open district ready willing and able to shut each school up one friday night at a time.and as far as the weak schedule in non district .... ask ned. if they would like to have one back. an average middle of the road team isnt gonna put over 1000 yds total offense in the stat books no matter who is on the other side of the ball

Guest FPHS 78

I'd like to thank the Vidor AD for scheduling Kelly and St. Thomas. One of the few schools around with enuf nads to play St. Pius.  Very hard getting schools to play us.  Didnt see much of a passing game vs MKCHS--didnt need to.......if Vidor can throw some, they win district.  Schedule us, Png..whats the worse that could happen.........we need games........

Guest pirates

Who does video play next week the Beaumont school of the blind..this is ridiculous that you guys are excited about beating some scrub schools.

I'd like to thank the Video AD for scheduling Kelly and St. Thomas. One of the few schools around with Enif ands to play St. Pius.  Very hard getting schools to play us.  Didn't see much of a passing game vs  need to.......if Video can throw some, they win district.  Schedule us, Png..whats the worse that could happen.........we need games........

It's good to see FP name again.  I remember playing you guys in the late 70's.  I graduated in 80 and FP always was nice to play, great fan base and always great sportsmanship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder