*PN-G vs. Crosby Updates/PN-G WINS!

KFDM COOP

I was very impressed with PN-G's stadium. I wasn't impressed with Crosby though... little to be desired out of that team. It seemed like it was a little bit of a mismatch. Perhaps it would have been a better game for the Coogs if they would've played a team like Sabine Pass or something. The only team they might be able to win against in 20-4A would probably be Ozen. I know Faircloth didn't have anything to do with who the Indians play in non-district, but maybe next year after realignment, he can pick up some higher caliber teams. A win builds confidence, but I don't think it prepares you for district, as opposed to playing teams that are ranked.  :-\

Funny thing is Crosby went two rounds deep in the playoffs last year knocking off co-district champs Lumberton in the process. Before the season many people had Crosby possibly winning that district and thought this would be the toughest of our pre-district battles, so having them on the schedule was not a bad thing. Not like we scheduled St. Thomas or anyhting! ;D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game, Indians.  I got a complete rundown of the game via text message.  PN-G seems to be getting better and better.  I heard that Coach Faircloth played a lot of different players in different situations.  I think he may want all of the kids to see some time on the field!

We rotate players in and out the whole game. We play alot of guys, which does nothing but improve the team if someone gets hurt.

I went to the game and stayed till half. PNG looked good offensively and defensively. They're gonna be a tough team for anyone to beat. Also its my first time to look at the new Reservation...it looks awesome

Thanks for the compliment.  PNG is going to be tough this year.  And you're right...the stadium is a sight to behold....totally awesome!

Port Neches-Groves 37, Crosby 7 - Final

Crosby Overall: 0-2  District: 0-0

Port Neches-Groves Overall: 2-0  District: 0-0

Boxscore

Friday September 4, 2009 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total

Crosby                    0 7 0 0 7

Port Neches-Groves 16 14 7 0 37

Scoring summary

PNG -- Spencer DeRon 59-yard pass from Brennan Doty (Dylan Browning kick), 7:28, 1st.

PNG -- Dylan Browning 29-yard field goal, 2:11, 1st.

PNG -- Caleb Harmon 2-yard run (kick failed), 00:20, 1st.

PNG -- Brennan Doty 1-yard run (Dylan Browning kick), 7:21, 2nd.

PNG -- Matt Desmond 3-yard run (Dylan Browning kick), 5:00, 2nd.

CRO -- MJ Mathis 4-yard pass from Dominic Merka (Sam Fowler kick), 0:00, 2nd.

PNG -- Caleb Harmon 9-yard run (Dylan Browning kick), 10:16, 3rd.

Team Stats

Crosby      Port Neches-Groves

Total yards        217            417

First downs        10              24

Rushes/Yds    24/58            46/260

Average rush  2.42              5.65

Comp/Atts      15/31/2        11/24/0

Pass yards    159              157

Comp pct      48.39            45.83

Punts            5                  2

Punting Yards 173                56

Punting Average 34.6          28

Fumbles/Lost  3/1                1/1

Penalties-yards 10-61          9-65

Crosby

Passing

Name              Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Wesley Holloway 2      3 66.67 22 0 0

Dominic Merka    13    28 46.43 137 1 2

Rushing

Name              Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Wesley Holloway 1 -11 -11 0 0

Dominic Merka    14 35 2.5 0 0

Marchael Bryant 5 16 3.2 0 0

Jake LeFleur      4 18 4.5 0 0

Receiving

Name      Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Paul Erwin 1      5 5 0 0

Kelvin Holmes 2 14 7 0 0

Diylan Judy 1 18 18 0 0

Marchael Bryant 5 41 8.2 0 0

MJ Mathis 2 27 13.5 0 1

Ashton Martin 2 26 13 0 0

Zack Benjamin 1 13 13 0 0

Port Neches-Groves

Passing

Name        Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Brennan Doty 11 24 45.83 157 1 0

Rushing

Name          Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Caleb Harmon 16 115 7.2 0 2

Blake Reyenga 1 13 13 0 0

Matt Desmond 7 11 1.6 0 0

Dylan Prejean 7 30 4.3 0 0

Cody Ross 8 51 6.4 0 0

Receiving

Name            Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Spencer DeRon 6 119 19.8 0 1

Blake Reyenga 1 7 7 0 0

Amir Jalali      4 35 8.8 0 0

Good game, Indians.  I got a complete rundown of the game via text message.  PN-G seems to be getting better and better.  I heard that Coach Faircloth played a lot of different players in different situations.  I think he may want all of the kids to see some time on the field!

I was talking to a wide recievers dad, and he told me that at the parents meeting, that Faircloth said he WOULD be playing each and every player, and in different stiuations.  Without sounding like a broken record, Faircloth is the "real" deal....a GREAT guy, who has a lot of heart and is ALL about the kids!  

“Our kids played hard,†said Faircloth. “They bounced back from last week after some difficulties. Our kids have a lot of heart. They had a great week of practice. We did things a lot better tonight.

“We’re still not where we want to be, but we’re getting there. They’re willing to work. Any time you have a group of kids willing to work and put in the time and want to be good, then you’ve got the potential for a really good situation.â€

Coach Brandon Faircloth on PNG's win over Crosby

This is what The New Reservation looked like for the Crosby game.  A packed home side.

DSCF7461.jpg

The picture is misleading taken from the endzone.I was there on the visitors side to check out the new statium.Which is first class by the way. It was packed in the middle but had quite a bit of empty seats on either side.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83