* West Brook vs. Central Updates/BROOK WINS A CLOSE ONE!

KFDM COOP

Central really had the Brook defense on the field most of the night.  They just could not get some breaks.  Flags and Fumbles seemed to haunt the Jags.

Referees had a very bad night working together as a crew.  Although is was poor on both sides, the penalties were quite expensive for Central.

WB dodged a bullet while Central will have night mares wondering about the missed opportunities.  All the fans got their monies worth seeing lots of good atheletes in our community.

I am officially declaring my support for the Jags for the rest of the season.  I am glad WB does not have to see them again. 

Great game, defensive battle to the end!!!!  Brook played a great game and trulely made our dbs look pedestrian.  The drop at the end was a heart breaker though!!!!  I do wonder how a team can go from 3 penalties one week and have 10 the following... Not blaming the refs but the penalties seemed to come when the Jags were threatening.  Three scoring drives were stopped by penalties and miscues really put the nail in the coughin on two others.  I do believe the kids for Brook flat out won the game and my hat is off to them... I like my crow marinaded in lime juice, rosemary, thyme, paprika, Olive oil, and cracked pepper.  Please no skin and bake it!   I am on a diet.

I dont believe I have ever seen such a greatly contested defensive struggle between two teams. My hats off to Central, as they put pressure on our QB Reyes ALL NIGHT! This disrupted the flow of the offense, and we never really got into a rhythm while trying to run the ball. This forced us to rely on our passing game, which was fairly productive. # 25 RB for Central is a Man among boys! We really had no answer for him, but did well to keep him contained. Yes, penalties hurt both teams tonight. Central's seemed to be alot more costly, though. All in all, I give the game an "A".....this is the best BB I've seen in quite some time. I'm with WeedBegone, in that, I'm officially on the "Jaguar Train" for the rest of the season. I told Soulja this on the phone after the game, "with the exception of NS and Katy, I'll bet Central has the best defense we'll see all year." The Jags are gonna give opposing offenses fits in 20-4A.

Beaumont West Brook Beaumont Central

Total yards 235          293

First downs 14          10

Rushes/Yds 24/32      33/199

Average rush 1.33      6.03

Comp/Atts 15/24/1      12/22/1

Pass yards 203            94

Comp pct 62.5            54.55

Punts 5                      3

Punting Yards 181        91

Punting Average 36.2    30.33

Fumbles/Lost 2/1          1/1

Penalties-yards 11-85    10-80

This was a classic game.  Defenses where hitting! Both teams wanted this game.  Neither team was intimidated by the other.  Game came down to the long snapper on special teams.  Brook took advange of good field position due to our miscues.The last play for Central where our reciever dropped the pass that would have been paydirt killed me.Better luck next time, young man. 

I think there was confusion on the sideline getting the play in.  I'm sure this will be addressed before district starts. 

I'll put this game in the top 5 Beaumont bowl games I have ever seen.  Our Defense played lights out, so beware, 20-4a.  This Jage team will bring lots of pain on defense.  one our special teams get it together and our offense show a little bit more urgency, we will be there when the smoke clears.

Shot out to Brook, as I'll be rooting you on in your tough stretch in your schedule..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics