Mitch Villemez

Hornet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He ran a 4.5 or 4.6 at Texas A&M last year, not sure about this year. He's big though, 6"3", around 200 or a little more, and strong. His biggest improvement this year is his work ethic and attitude, no playing around at practice at all and going 100% all the time, spent the whole summer in the gym. Watch out for this kid!

He ran a 4.5 or 4.6 at Texas A&M last year, not sure about this year. He's big though, 6"3", around 200 or a little more, and strong. His biggest improvement this year is his work ethic and attitude, no playing around at practice at all and going 100% all the time, spent the whole summer in the gym. Watch out for this kid!

Man playing among the boys. Has any team any luck slowing him down? Dang I watched his clip four times. 

I always thought they should give him more carries. THis highlight tape is just one like two games.  I've watched one hardin game film and he really didnt get that many carries. His running ability would open up alot of deep threats if they could use it like that.

He is one of the better runningbacks I've played. He just stays up. He can be caught. Thats why I'm not sure about this forty time yall posted. We played him in a scrimmage last year and we only had one person running anything close to a 4.3 and that was a guy running a 4.5. He only broke one open on us. But I will say he is a big guy that keeps his feet movin.

But, not to take anything away from him, but it seems as though these defenses in this highlight tape just dont know how to tackle or take the correct angles to the runner...

Nevertheless, he is a beast that can run over some people.

HOW DID HE FARE AGAINST H-D LAST YEAR, I MISSED THAT GAME.

This post makes me mad. This topic is to bring light to Mitch's abilities and highlight the hard work and play of a good kid. If every topic has to be twisted into a battle pitting Hardin again HD than whats the point of the rest of us trying to have an actual conversation. Not to put anyone in their place or anything but..who cares about the Hardin vs. HD game besides the ones in the game??? Anyone....anyone>>???? Ya, not really anybody. This game really doesnt even mean anything. Its just a pre-district game. So why dont we all stop talking about this stupid pointless game that doesnt add up to a hill of beans to anyone outside of Batson.

MITCH HAS GREAT ABILITY AND ALL I ASK IS HOW DID HE PLAY AGAINST H-D LAST YEAR.  WAS HE THE QB ARE RB FOR HARDIN.  I DID NOT SEE THE GAME.  THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO POST FOR INFORMATION AND NOT TALK ABOUT HOW THINGS WERE IN THE OLD DAYS.  I COACHED FOR MANY YEARS IN YOUTH SPORTS ( ESPECIALLY FOOTBALL) AND ITS NICE TOO SEE HOW WELL THESE KIDS HAVE DEVELOPED INTO FINE ATHELETS.

Just FYI, for the question asked, Mitch had 81yds rushing against HD last season. It was the first game of the year, and he improved as the season went on, exploding for 300+yards rushing against EC if I'm correct. HD and Anahauc were the only teams that slowed him down at all. He's a very good running back, possibly the best in the area, especially among the smaller schools. He's also a quality defensive player as well. Much respect from HD to Mitch Villamez.

MITCH HAS GREAT ABILITY AND ALL I ASK IS HOW DID HE PLAY AGAINST H-D LAST YEAR.  WAS HE THE QB ARE RB FOR HARDIN.  I DID NOT SEE THE GAME.  THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO POST FOR INFORMATION AND NOT TALK ABOUT HOW THINGS WERE IN THE OLD DAYS.  I COACHED FOR MANY YEARS IN YOUTH SPORTS ( ESPECIALLY FOOTBALL) AND ITS NICE TOO SEE HOW WELL THESE KIDS HAVE DEVELOPED INTO FINE ATHELETS.

Thanks for the quality post. People just tend to take posts more serious when there is correct spelling and its not in all caps.

He ran a 4.51 and a 4.52 for the aggies camp this past july. He is getting interest from A&M, Kansas and Oklahoma has intered the picture recently. He is being recruited as a safety from the big schools the problem is they do not have much tape on him as a safety. This is why he will be playing more defense this year. Texas A&M wants his first three game films sent to them as soon as the third game is over. His sister attends A&M and seems the best fit. Good luck Mitch or should I say Gig em! We are rooting for ya!!!

Man playing among the boys. Has any team any luck slowing him down? Dang I watched his clip four times. 

good player but Kountze didnt seem to have a problem with him last year...

He ran a 4.51 and a 4.52 for the aggies camp this past july. He is getting interest from A&M, Kansas and Oklahoma has intered the picture recently. He is being recruited as a safety from the big schools the problem is they do not have much tape on him as a safety. This is why he will be playing more defense this year. Texas A&M wants his first three game films sent to them as soon as the third game is over. His sister attends A&M and seems the best fit. Good luck Mitch or should I say Gig em! We are rooting for ya!!!

I agree Htown....Aggieland would be a great fit...;)

I agree Htown....Aggieland would be a great fit...;)

Would be awesome 88Warrior!

no offence to anyone on here but for yall to think this kid is good enough to play at major D1's like those schools that were mentioned yall are crazy. He is a good 2A player and a good kid, but he is no where near that level. to me he isn't much better than the back from HD last year and he is not as good as the back WH had a few years ago i think in 06. and neither one of those kids are playing at major colleges 

You gotta look at the player if he were on a big athletic larger school.Ryan Young the rb from Sulphur Springs rushed for 250 yds.in the state 4A game in S.Antonio.He was a 1A transfer player.Kid (MV)is a sleeper if you ask me in this his 3rd year of varsity.

Guest baseball25

Tramsine Thomas is at ark and villemez is a better athlete than him. Villemez is bigger and stronger than tramaine and just as fast as him too.

Guest baseball25

I'm on my cell sorry. But its the truth. Villemez iz 6ft 2. 200 pounds Ande runs a 4.5 how big was tramaine and how strong was he his sr year? Villemez is very strong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami