Craziest Rivalry?

As far as the Nederland/ PNG rivalry, it is a good one and has been. But in the 70's PNG's rival was TJ by far. I believe in the 80's and so on Nederland became much more competitive and the rivalry got bigger. One particular prank I remember that gets my vote for the best is one that Nederland pulled on us. I believe it was 1986 when Nederland football players entered the field before PNG amd ran through our run through sign. This gets my vote for best, yeah our totem pole got painted black and gold almost every year but the run through had some originality. I give them an A on that one.

I remember that! That was definitely original. I did not remember exactly what year it was, thanks for bringing it up. Didn't they run thru the PN-G sign and then circle back and run thru the Ned sign as well?

Yeah they did it just as you said, ran through ours then their own. It was the football season of 86, graduating class of 87.They are younger than me but had close friends on both sides of the ball that night.

After the Vidor vs. WO-S scrimmage thread, I'd have to say that the craziest rivalry is:

Vidor fans vs. the Coops  ;D :D ;D :D

(It's just a joke guys. Don't block me! ;) )

RustedCutlass you are a joker, And yes he is only picking in good nature. If you go look at the Vidor WO-S thread you will se what he is talking bout.

Not just because I'm a Daisetta boy, but the Hull-Daisetta vs. West Hardin rivalry is easily one of the top 3 in southeast Texas. I have to admit, I went to a PNG vs. Nederland game at the Reservation, and it is awesome! I think as far as on the field intensity, this one may be the top rivalry in the area. As far as HD vs. WH, it's gotta be close. Our own mini version of MidCounty Madness. Each and every year, no bonfire is ever safe. It was common to see blue oil derricks painted throughout Hull and Daisetta and red and black paw prints leading up to Oiler Stadium in Batson and Saratoga, due to some late night creativity. Fights at the concession stands used to be common practice as well. If your hometown team has a bye during the HD vs. WH game, I suggest you should get out to see it. You wont' be disappointed.

My top 5 area Rivalries:

PNG vs. Nederland

Hull Daisetta vs. West Hardin

West Sabine vs. Hemphill

Silsbee vs. Jasper

Lee vs. Sterling

Honorable Mention:

East Chambers vs. Hampshire Fannett

Orangefield vs. Bridge City

LaMarque vs. Texas City

West Brook vs. Central

Hull-Daisetta vs. Hardin

Extra Credit:

Dayton vs. Barbers Hill has the potential to be a great rivalry down the road.....

Deer Park Vs. Laporte has been a pretty good one over the years. I was unlucky enough to be on the field at halftime for a father/daughter dance a few years ago, when a couple of the visiting Laporte kids decided to break our drill team line just before we went on and "streak" the field. That's a memory that's unfortunately etched in my mind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami