2010 Schedule Announced for Lamar Cards!

Great schedule!

Good mix of FCS and non-Div I programs that will help the Cards get on the right track for 2011.

This is the hidden content, please

LAMAR

9-4...at McNeese State

9-11...WEBBER INTERNATIONAL

9-18...at Southeastern Louisiana

9-25...at Stephen F. Austin

10-2...SAM HOUSTON STATE

10-9...LANGSTON

10-16... SOUTH ALABAMA

10-30... at North Dakota

11-6 ... at Georgia State

11-13...SOUTH DAKOTA

11-20...OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE STATE

If my counting is right...

4 SLC games

3 Sub-Div I games

8 Div I games (including two up-starts, South Alabama and Georgia State)

My question is whether the games against South Alabama, UND, Georgia State and USD are home-and-home deals. Assuming they are. Anyone have an idea on when they will be returned? Could not be all in 2011 due to the SLC slate the Cards will play - assuming USD and/or UND leaks into 2012???

I think that it is a good schedule with some very winable games.. I think after seeing that we should go 6-5.... (very very very early prediction) A winning season during our 1st year would be great... but beating McNeese in the 1st game would be huge...            But for me the best thing would be to put the wood to SHSU... That would make ME so very happy.. and it would also rile terror up a bit...

I think that it is a good schedule with some very winable games.. I think after seeing that we should go 6-5.... (very very very early prediction) A winning season during our 1st year would be great... but beating McNeese in the 1st game would be huge...            But for me the best thing would be to put the wood to SHSU... That would make ME so very happy.. and it would also rile terror up a bit...

Not going to even start talking '10 football games between LU-SHSU until we know which each team will have that year. I'm clueless on the QB situation outside of the backups we have now (behind Blake Joseph) and these newcomers (freshman and otherwise) still need to show themselves during the 2009 season...

2010 slate is tough for SHSU. Road trips to WIU, Baylor and Lamar. If SHSU goes 2-1, I'll be very happy.

More schedule news...

Lamar - which dropped football in 1989, but will return to the field in '10 - will be the first of the trio to take on USA, with the Jags slated to visit the Cardinals on Oct. 16, 2010, before LU returns the trip with a Sept. 10 contest in Mobile the following fall.  That game will be the first at home for the Jaguars as they begin the two-year transition to the NCAA Division I-A/Football Bowl Subdivision level in 2011.

This is the hidden content, please

LAMAR

9-4...at McNeese State  LOSS

9-11...WEBBER INTERNATIONAL  WIN

9-18...at Southeastern Louisiana  LOSS

9-25...at Stephen F. Austin  LOSS

10-2...SAM HOUSTON STATE  LOSS

10-9...LANGSTON  WIN

10-16... SOUTH ALABAMA  WIN

10-30... at North Dakota  LOSS

11-6 ... at Georgia State  WIN

11-13...SOUTH DAKOTA  LOSS