2009 THSF Class 4A Pre-Season State & Regional Rankings

poll is a joke. Rider #30---behind PNG???    get outta here.

Scooter does Longview play Lufkin this year?

Yup, I wish i could make it, it should be another great game. I think its in Lufkin this year so if you going get there an hour early.

Not to hijack a thread Scooter I think the men from Lobo country may have something for the Pack. Seen that qb from Longview in summer seven on seven?  ??? ??? ??? WOW is all I have to say and they have some speed. Wish I could make the ALlen Longview game.

Yeah, I know, but the only way they beat LP at the ABE is if LV secondary can hang with the LP wr's.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Kinda with ETBU about the Situation with P.N.G Being ranked that high with the season Last Year...I know is a New Year but that's the only thing we have to go by..

But as far as 13-4A being Better than 20-4A IDK About that..Y'all may Have one the Best Teams on the State but To me yalls district is top heavy while 20-4a is Balanced..i think if we had a 20-4a vs. 13-4a we'd give y'all more than y'all could chew..

Hardly. Thier spiral started well before they played Lumberton.

I don't know what you mean by "well before" since LaMarque was the defending state champs going into that year.

Also they were 8-2 in the regular season and just had come off a 31-6 win in the bidistrict round over El Campo the game before Lumberton.

That doesn't seem to be a spiral down.

Look im tired of seeing this,Ballpoint is a friend but no killer,who ever said he had 80 something tackles in 08 was a lie. He only played because Moises Harrara got hurt, chris did even get 80 something playes ALL YEAR! Hope he does that good && much more but stop talking like he is all state with only 55 plays.

Hardly. Thier spiral started well before they played Lumberton.

I don't know what you mean by "well before" since LaMarque was the defending state champs going into that year.

Also they were 8-2 in the regular season and just had come off a 31-6 win in the bidistrict round over El Campo the game before Lumberton.

That doesn't seem to be a spiral down.

No, it started with the coaching change and two losses (one bad one) in a district they usually dominate.  Then completly missing the playoffs last year was the icing on the cake.

Guest pirates

I just wish that we could all talk positive about the team we support and other teams.  I for one do not like to eat crow and I sure do not say, told you so.  I think every team in this area has good points and not so good ones.  Lets take PNG for example, huge tradition.  Heck, the Indian has visited several times one of Vidor's elementary school and the kids loved it. I just do not understand why we cannot respect each other and be proud of the recondition that area teams do get.

I don't know where Dave Campbell's got their imfo on BMT Central, but they didn't lose 18 starters. They have at least 10 starters back from the team that played their last playoff game. I sat down and talked to one of their coaches and we came up with 5 returning starters on each side of the ball, plus the all-district kicker! I would put the Jags in the playoffs before PNG. PNG fans talk a lot of smack for a team that went 3-6.

I just wish that we could all talk positive about the team we support and other teams.  I for one do not like to eat crow and I sure do not say, told you so.  I think every team in this area has good points and not so good ones.  Lets take PNG for example, huge tradition.  Heck, the Indian has visited several times one of Vidor's elementary school and the kids loved it. I just do not understand why we cannot respect each other and be proud of the recondition that area teams do get.

I agree I like to think positive most of the time. I always support the other teams in the playoffs  from our district.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I understand all of your conclusions! First - FW will have its hands full in 24-4a - Lots of good fast teams! Agree with that! Then you say you look for how JV teams of 08 did and circumstances that have changed with players and coaching? Well - FW JV was 8-0 outscoring teams 344 - 30! Most of those kids are starting this year! New coach - Mustangs got an awesome catch with a new DC - Mullins. Just saying - we could be better than you think!

liltex said "FRiendswood #6?They'll have plenty of trouble in district.Upstart teams like Dawson(11/11 O/D)Manvel(10/7 O/D)gave the Mustangs plenty of trouble in 08.Angleton will win it but perrenial powers LaMarque/TX City will make some noise over there.This race will be like the 20-4A race with 4-5 teams contending week by week.As for Crosby(overrated)lost WR-playmaker Xavier Franks(transferred to Dayton)The Coogs return 4 defensive starters that gave up lots of big plays in 08.I could posts some others but what for-Just a prediction-But I have mine too and it is quite differant as I look to see how the JV teams of 08 did.Next circumstances that have changed w/players and coaching."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83