Maybe Nederland's ALL Nederland team--Intensity- has taught us all something....

I have always believed that if two teams are somewhat close-- the one that plays as a team will usually win.

There is maybe always and argument that someone from somewhere just might be a tad better at some things on the diamond, etc:

When Intensity wins it's partly because of a HS sisterhood that put girls together that knew a long-term system, signals that were part of their bone-marrow from early childhood, and most of all long term confidence in each other.

TEMPERED TESTED SOLID TEAMWORK BY GIRLS THAT ARE GREAT BUT ALSO HAVE KNOWN AND PLAYED HS AND EARLIER---PAID OFF BIG TIME IN WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP....

Congrats to Nederland girls on a great idea that proves it WORKS.

I would hope that my town, Bridge City would AGAIN have a Select team as they once had that incorporates sisterhood and well polished & oiled teamwork.

We have A. J. Lamoine, Phillip Tadora, Julie Kalha, James Birdwell and several others with proven SB top-notch training skills to put a HS team busy as a Select team in the off season.

Maybe we need a 16U, 14U, 12U, 10 U local select team also.

On the 18U age its great that the girls still qualified to play that have college ball under their belt can be on the field with their past HS teammates--more glue to bind the sisterhood of teamwork together.

Thank you Intensity girls for teaching us ole folks that teamwork most always counts more the trying to recruit a widespread geographic team.

What about your town? Could you use a team honed & perfected  in this manner?

Guest Sports Reporter

Very well written and astute observations there Mr. East TX.  Something could be made of your ideas.  Baytown tried it once before with limited success.  I just think Nederland had the hosses, (arms and bats).  Bridge City could probably pull it off also.

Very well written and astute observations there Mr. East TX.  Something could be made of your ideas.  Baytown tried it once before with limited success.  I just think Nederland had the hosses, (arms and bats).  Bridge City could probably pull it off also.

I agree. It is great for Nederland in this case, but they had the talent from 1-9 to do it. Remember this was a combination of the past two HS teams that went to the State Title game and the quarters. Not every town has that type of talent all the time and Nederland may not in the future. BC would probably struggle as would most smaller towns. Don't forget that when you get to this level you are playing against teams with hand picked top talent from much larger metro areas.

By the way this is just one mans opinion!

To Badndn:

I would not worry about Bridge City they can deliver a competitive team; or they have in the past in National level games of assorted age Select.  Also, remember the HS team that Nederland had that went to the finals in 4A-- played a HS game against BC in the late season warm-up that year and lost 4-1.  BC trys real hard.

This summer, BCs 10 & U LL team won District and Sectionals and the 12U played in the Finals for the State Championship and lost to Edna 2-0.  Between the two teams they only lost one game locally and have beat every gold and other color select teams that they played LOL

It's a diamond town that holds the state record of 89 continuous HS District wins.  

Nederland is strong and they have HS Coaching of a level and ability to take a team deep; an even to the finals.  I think Nederland has set the pace and it is time for other towns to follow....

I couldn't disagree more with this whole post. No problem we are allowed to disagree.  ;D My daughter played on two very good teams at the Gold level. Neither team had more than a couple of girls from one HS and they were very good. They did have chemistry though, but that came more from their character than history. She also played on a 12U team that was very good that had kids from several different schools. The reason they won was talent and that's the same reason the Nederland girls won. To read into it that they won because they were all from the same HS is an error. Talent has always been and will always be the difference.

I couldn't disagree more with this whole post. No problem we are allowed to disagree.  ;D My daughter played on two very good teams at the Gold level. Neither team had more than a couple of girls from one HS and they were very good. They did have chemistry though, but that came more from their character than history. She also played on a 12U team that was very good that had kids from several different schools. The reason they won was talent and that's the same reason the Nederland girls won. To read into it that they won because they were all from the same HS is an error. Talent has always been and will always be the difference.

Strong statement and good post Johnny T.

To Badndn:

I would not worry about Bridge City they can deliver a competitive team; or they have in the past in National level games of assorted age Select.  Also, remember the HS team that Nederland had that went to the finals in 4A-- played a HS game against BC in the late season warm-up that year and lost 4-1.  BC trys real hard.

This summer, BCs 10 & U LL team won District and Sectionals and the 12U played in the Finals for the State Championship and lost to Edna 2-0.  Between the two teams they only lost one game locally and have beat every gold and other color select teams that they played LOL

It's a diamond town that holds the state record of 89 continuous HS District wins.  

Nederland is strong and they have HS Coaching of a level and ability to take a team deep; an even to the finals.  I think Nederland has set the pace and it is time for other towns to follow....

Well I happen to know for a fact that that 12U LL team got it handed to them against a local 12U team that didn't have all of their players Mr. or Mrs. Sensitivity. Also that LL team was comprised of girls from BC and other local towns. Again it's called an opinion!

Besides isn't it against LL rules to scrimage durring the LL playoffs? Be careful what you say on a public MB.

They beat Crush Collins 4-3 (with several of thier top players playing for the LL team).

What about the scrimage against Young Guns (9-1 Loss)?

Again I am not knocking the BC LL team (I think they are a great group (my daughter playes select with one of them and she is a great kid and exceptional ball player).

I am sure it was fun for Nederland Intensity this past weekend, but do you really think that a team with the top talent from one town (predominantely small towns) could beat a team comprised of the top talent from an entire area on a consistant basis????

Certainly, It has happen many times..If Nederland or BC pull all their girls together at any age grouping they will be two competitive groups.  They usually win their HS Districts 80-90% of the time since I have followed them since 1993. They have Uth farmed out everywhere, actually both boys and girls. The LL is just one source of talent and they are great they don't mind sharing.

I would bet their would be a big following by hometown folks from each of these diamond towns.  That has got to be a great feeling in Nederland right now knowing they topped all the nationally touted and came in under the radar to win.

Congrats again.

I'll take 9 players who are in the top 3 on a decent HS team practicing together once a week over the top nine players on a good HS team practicing 5 days a week.  I don't mean to take anything away from Intensity, but I doubt there were more that 5-6 teams at the IFA Nationals that fit into the 1st category. 

There may be some exceptions, and maybe Nederland is one, but JT is absolutely right; individual talent is the most important factor when fielding a softball team.

While Intensity took home the IFA trophy it is important for us all to keep it in perspective what they have accomplished.  Most of us are excited about this team and the spirit in which they played.

I am excited for this area to get a glimpse of what could be possible if we can assemble the best players from our area on ONE team.

Fact is.....

There was only one team at the IFA Tournament that had qualified to play in the ASA Gold Nationals.  There are 64 teams in OK city right now did qualify. (Most of the better teams did not attend the IFA Nationals )

Also....

During the IFA tournament there were 168 teams competing in the 16U ASA Nationals.

( Several of the Players in the IFA and the local area are younger and could play 16U ) 

That is where most of the coaches in the nation were the week of the IFA tournament.

That is why you should not skip the 16U age group. It is so important in the recruiting process.

Congrats to the Girls that have to play 18U and congrats on your scholarships and your new IFA trophy, but time is short for you younger girls.  Be careful !

While Intensity took home the IFA trophy it is important for us all to keep it in perspective what they have accomplished.  Most of us are excited about this team and the spirit in which they played.

I am excited for this area to get a glimpse of what could be possible if we can assemble the best players from our area on ONE team.

Fact is.....

There was only one team at the IFA Tournament that had qualified to play in the ASA Gold Nationals.  There are 64 teams in OK city right now did qualify. (Most of the better teams did not attend the IFA Nationals )

Also....

During the IFA tournament there were 168 teams competing in the 16U ASA Nationals.

( Several of the Players in the IFA and the local area are younger and could play 16U ) 

That is where most of the coaches in the nation were the week of the IFA tournament.

That is why you should not skip the 16U age group. It is so important in the recruiting process.

Congrats to the Girls that have to play 18U and congrats on your scholarships and your new IFA trophy, but time is short for you younger girls.  Be careful !

A good post Big Daddy

Fact is.....

Also....

I agree that the 16U age group should not be skipped.  Every organization should have a 16U team.

Big Question to all of you who high-jacked this thread.....Just who would you have replaced on this Nederland Intensity team to make it stronger?  LOL

That is not speculation: they won it all!

I did not see any other team in the area that even finished in the top five?

For me they are the best combination in the area? Congrats again to Intensity...

I think we can build five great teams in the area and get a lot of Uth good scholarships.

On any given day one of those teams could be the best....

In all practically it works something like this-- with the politics of filling only one team...

It actually happened when a fellow simply stated, " I want all the best in the area and my kid starting.       ;D    

Maybe one compromise alternative is to help pack the LamarState Seahawks with all the best in the area as they finish HS --then win JUCO Nationals and then they can go to any major college in the USA, based on this wonderful accomplishment......Tryouts August 8th for the Seahawks--HS Juniors are included.

No one hijacked this thread, they just disagreed with you. Imagine that! I think Nederland has some very good ball players, some are even great, but they are not the best 9 players in the GT. Name kids who don't belong, not a chance, and no one else is either. Nice Try! No one is saying that the Nederland Girls are not very talented, what they are saying is that no school not even BC has all of the best players in the GT. You seemed to indicate they won because they were from the same school and had played together. The fact is that they are the first team I have seen do this. 99.99% of the time the Champion of any tournament comes from many different schools. I know you think HS ball is the end all, but it isn't. My kid won a State Championship and it is one of the best memories I have. Winning for your community with people you have grown up is special, but I also know that the teams we played getting there and then in the tournament were not as good as the ones we faced at the Gold Nationals the three times we went there.

That is not speculation: they won it all!

It's difficult to respond to this comment without seeming to be taking something away from Intensity, so I won't.  Enough said.

I think we can build five great teams in the area and get a lot of Uth good scholarships.

On any given day one of those teams could be the best....

There aren't 5 "great" teams in the Houston area anymore, maybe not in the state.  Good luck in an area as small as the GT.

Maybe one compromise alternative is to help pack the LamarState Seahawks with all the best in the area as they finish HS --then win JUCO Nationals and then they can go to any major college in the USA, based on this wonderful accomplishment......Tryouts August 8th for the Seahawks--HS Juniors are included.

You expect girls who can get more money towards better educations at 4 year schools to turn it all down for what, civic pride?  Give ME a break and IT a rest!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder