The Team to Beat in the 2009-2010 season

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83

19-4A will be solid from top to bottom. If the GCM Patriots can play some solid D down the stretch, they will contend with anyone in the district. Not sure if the Goose will have enough pitching to make a deep run in the playoffs, but Butler (Sr), Jacobs (Jr) and Czerwonka (Soph) will hold their own on Tues and Fri.

1. GCM

2. KP

3. Crosby

4. BH

5. CEK

6. GP

7. Dayton

8. NF

Change them up a bit

Crosby

KP

King

BH / GCM

GP

Dayton

NF

Coin flip on the forth spot. If BH can keep the injury pron pitcher back they will slide into the playoffs

No thanks, I'll stick with what I got. I really think you can "flip a coin" for spots 1-4. This is going to be a VERY tight race again. The only two teams in the district to sweep GCM last year were Crosby and King. If GCM can gain a split with those two, they'll be 1 or 2 for sure.

2 yrs from now, all three Baytown schools will feel the "watering" down of athletics across the board! They better win now!

19-4A will be solid from top to bottom. If the GCM Patriots can play some solid D down the stretch, they will contend with anyone in the district. Not sure if the Goose will have enough pitching to make a deep run in the playoffs, but Butler (Sr), Jacobs (Jr) and Czerwonka (Soph) will hold their own on Tues and Fri.

1. GCM

2. KP

3. Crosby

4. BH

5. CEK

6. GP

7. Dayton

8. NF

Change them up a bit

Crosby

KP

King

BH / GCM

GP

Dayton

NF

Coin flip on the forth spot. If BH can keep the injury pron pitcher back they will slide into the playoffs

I agree with your picks. Although I believe KP could just as easily be your District Champ.

Crosby only lost a couple of true starters. They will be solid as will KP. The new coach will be a blessing. I just don't see GCM competing with these two teams or maybe even King. They might can slip in at the 4 spot, not sure about Dayton. Crosby has 2 returning pitchers that are lights out. Gabryiski had a solid year and Langley is the more dominant pitcher that if Thompson would have utilized better would have added to their win total and higher seed in playoffs. Should make for a good battle with KP.

Guest rambleonus

GCM is getting a good coach in Charlie Thames who was the assistant at KP.  Charlie was an All-American pitcher at UT and spent a couple of years playing pro ball.  With Rupp and Thames over there they will be allot tougher this year.  KP's new var assistant coach is Garrett Gates from CE King.  He received the 2009 19-4A Coach of the Year award this past season.  I'm biased but I think it will be KPs district to loose.  The only thing that will hold KP down will be the bats.  They went cold in the middle of the season last year only to wake up in time for KP to finish the last 6 games undefeated.  I can't wait for baseball to start, it's going to be fun.

Crosby only lost a couple of true starters. They will be solid as will KP. The new coach will be a blessing. I just don't see GCM competing with these two teams or maybe even King. They might can slip in at the 4 spot, not sure about Dayton. Crosby has 2 returning pitchers that are lights out. Gabryiski had a solid year and Langley is the more dominant pitcher that if Thompson would have utilized better would have added to their win total and higher seed in playoffs. Should make for a good battle with KP.

Langley,I have heard a lot about Langley, but seen a little. I don't even believe he played as a sophomore.  Didn't see much of him as a junior so why is he going to be a threat has a senior. No one thought KP would do much last year but what a suprise. I see KP taking district easily, class act. Just don't count GCM out like we did KP last year.

Guest GSlam

Hey all you District 19 guys, let me say I enjoy all the 'booyah' and the passion about your baseball.  Also, as much as i hate to say it, it will be a miracle if any of your teams get past Nederland next season, with Laird and Bellows on the bump....pn-g will be strong again, too.  Benoit and Sparrow will also be a good one -two punch.  Believe you me, being from LC-M it pains me to say that....

I will, however, be looking forward to having this sent back at least 30 times if a miracle does in fact occur.

Refresh my memory....did any of your teams advance past the first round.  Oh, that's right....just one.  The hill beat Vidor (in three....our 4th place team).

Calm down now....all in fun guys.  Good luck over there and regardless of what some say, the Thompson 'twins' will be missed at Crosby.  (and I know they aren't twins)

Guest rambleonus

Gslam, other than District 18, District 20 is the district to beat in this part of Texas.  Speaking for KP, we lost our #1 pitcher and 4 hole hitter the day before the first bi-district game against PNG in football walk thru drills.  Don't get me wrong, PNG kicked KPs behinds.  I think it would have been a little different if that player was there at least for the first game.  Hopefully, District 19 will fair better this time around.

Langley,I have heard a lot about Langley, but seen a little. I don't even believe he played as a sophomore.  Didn't see much of him as a junior so why is he going to be a threat has a senior. No one thought KP would do much last year but what a suprise. I see KP taking district easily, class act. Just don't count GCM out like we did KP last year.

That's funny!! I believe a shoulder injury cut his sophomore season short. Your right, kid don't have much talent. Didn't know we would be slamming kids on here, wow! I am pretty sure he was 1st team A/D at CF. How did your CF come out. Just asking, I don't know the kid but I am sure he had talent. But it's not about one person, it's about the team. How did your team do against Crosby last year?? There is no doubt KP will be tough for anyone, they have a solid team, and didn't lose anything.

I'm not slamming Langley no doubt he is a good player good CF good hitter but never seen the kid pitch. I've heard talk about the kid pitching must be a urban legend.  Maybe it will be a blessing to see Langley, hopefully he's man enough not to throw up and in, intentionally trying to hit the batter.I wouldn't look past King if I where you seems like they had your number last year and King only really lost one star.

Langley,I have heard a lot about Langley, but seen a little. I don't even believe he played as a sophomore.  Didn't see much of him as a junior so why is he going to be a threat has a senior. No one thought KP would do much last year but what a suprise. I see KP taking district easily, class act. Just don't count GCM out like we did KP last year.

That's funny!! I believe a shoulder injury cut his sophomore season short. Your right, kid don't have much talent. Didn't know we would be slamming kids on here, wow! I am pretty sure he was 1st team A/D at CF. How did your CF come out. Just asking, I don't know the kid but I am sure he had talent. But it's not about one person, it's about the team. How did your team do against Crosby last year?? There is no doubt KP will be tough for anyone, they have a solid team, and didn't lose anything.

Even funnier a bunch of Crosby talent didn't play the year of Langley's shoulder injury, Heard they all had hoof in mouth disease.Warning to KP that Coach don't take no lip.

In 1a the team to beat will be evadale the home of the rebels they are bringin back alot of starters just losing two last year and they have to new coaches this year

It is safe to say that Evadale's new coach has a bit of experience on his resume with much success.

Hey all you District 19 guys, let me say I enjoy all the 'booyah' and the passion about your baseball.  Also, as much as i hate to say it, it will be a miracle if any of your teams get past Nederland next season, with Laird and Bellows on the bump....pn-g will be strong again, too.  Benoit and Sparrow will also be a good one -two punch.  Believe you me, being from LC-M it pains me to say that....

I will, however, be looking forward to having this sent back at least 30 times if a miracle does in fact occur.

Refresh my memory....did any of your teams advance past the first round.  Oh, that's right....just one.  The hill beat Vidor (in three....our 4th place team).

Calm down now....all in fun guys.  Good luck over there and regardless of what some say, the Thompson 'twins' will be missed at Crosby.  (and I know they aren't twins)

Where were you at in '07 and '08 when BH was the team to beat. Just curious  ???

Where were you at in '07 and '08 when BH was the team to beat. Just curious  ???

I was at the games and appreciated the talent they had. Didn't know about this site until this year. Where were you when Crosby swept BH this year (2009)? Just curious.

I'm not slamming Langley no doubt he is a good player good CF good hitter but never seen the kid pitch. I've heard talk about the kid pitching must be a urban legend.  Maybe it will be a blessing to see Langley, hopefully he's man enough not to throw up and in, intentionally trying to hit the batter.I wouldn't look past King if I where you seems like they had your number last year and King only really lost one star.

Urban legend, that's good. Rumor has it he beat Smesney in Crosby and held Dayton to only 2 hits. Probably some of that urban legend stuff though. You are right King and KP had Crosby's #. The same way Crosby had BH's and Dayton's #. But the last time I checked, baseball is a TEAM sport, one or two players don't make a team. You will also never hear me bash any KID no matter what his talent level is. Never look past any team no matter who they are or you will regret it. Any other kids you wanna bash or just stick with Langley? 

Guest rambleonus

Even funnier a bunch of Crosby talent didn't play the year of Langley's shoulder injury, Heard they all had huff in mouth disease.Warning to KP that Coach don't take no lip.

I think your refering to GCM.  If your talking about the new Crosby coach we played his team at Tarkington 2 years ago.  He always has his teams ready.  I think he'll make 19-4A stronger.

The whole team kinda like you did. I just don't see GCM competing with these two teams.

I hear a lot of talk about all the other teams, but the Hill is always the team to beat. The Hill has a excellent farm program, good parents and several kids yet to be seen played  for some of the best select teams in Houston this summer. This blog might start off talking about Kp and Crosby but at the end of the season we will see who tops the Blogs.

I hear a lot of talk about all the other teams, but the Hill is always the team to beat. The Hill has a excellent farm program, good parents and several kids yet to be seen played  for some of the best select teams in Houston this summer. This blog might start off talking about Kp and Crosby but at the end of the season we will see who tops the Blogs.

It is only natural to pull for your team. But I do appreciate good talent regardless of the color of their uniform. Also, I didn't say anything bad about GCM, I just said I don't think they can compete with Crosby and KP. That does not take anything away from their program. They are a young team with excellent coaching. I just think they are a couple of years away. But, anything can happen on any given day. BH is the same way, they have a very young team. Two of the dads that I know on that team told me at the Crosby game that they have very little coming back and it hurts that the coach over there only plays senoirs. I am not saying BH won't compete, I am saying it will be tough for them against teams like KP and Crosby that didn't lose much.

It is only natural to pull for your team. But I do appreciate good talent regardless of the color of their uniform. Also, I didn't say anything bad about GCM, I just said I don't think they can compete with Crosby and KP. That does not take anything away from their program. They are a young team with excellent coaching. I just think they are a couple of years away. But, anything can happen on any given day. BH is the same way, they have a very young team. Two of the dads that I know on that team told me at the Crosby game that they have very little coming back and it hurts that the coach over there only plays senoirs. I am not saying BH won't compete, I am saying it will be tough for them against teams like KP and Crosby that didn't lose much.

BH will be competitive but very young. BTW, not sure why people think Gil only plays seniors. Simply not true. Last year the seniors happened to be the best players. 2007 BH had 4 pitchers that were juniors, one of them was at 1st while not on the mound, junior @ ss, junior at 1b/of, and a junior at 3b.

If two players are equal, you will see the senior playing more.

Just my two cents. TEL, my "clarification" is not directed at you....I assume you are just going by what you've heard or been told. This "myth" originated in Barbers Hill.

BH will be competitive but very young. BTW, not sure why people think Gil only plays seniors. Simply not true. Last year the seniors happened to be the best players. 2007 BH had 4 pitchers that were juniors, one of them was at 1st while not on the mound, junior @ ss, junior at 1b/of, and a junior at 3b.

If two players are equal, you will see the senior playing more.

Just my two cents. TEL, my "clarification" is not directed at you....I assume you are just going by what you've heard or been told. This "myth" originated in Barbers Hill.

You are correct, simply going by what I was told.

There is no doubt BH will compete as always, I think it will be harder for them this year with a new crop of young talent. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami