Wasnt Silsbee???

PNG1992

Why thank you Broadcaster. We have a few more games to win before we are the state champions however' date=' but we do appreciate your support. :twisted:[/quote']

well thank you kindley Tiger90, however I hope that I have not misled you in believing they were coming to see the Silsbee Tigers :roll: , when in fact i was talking about the 2A State champs Newton Eagles!!!!! :wink: :D:D:D

The team that manhandled Houston Sterling last week? The same Sterling that beat Central last night?

didnt Silsbee beat Nederland in a scrimmage? Im just trying to gauge how strong of a win last night was for PNG...I was impressed because Silsbee looked like a strong team

If it would have been a real game Ned would have beat them with no problem. I was there and went home happy with what I seen.

Guest GoStangs

Turnovers certainly hurt Silsbee, no doubt... Of course, the one on the 2 yard line came right after the PNG player fumbled the ball away there after a big pass reception, so I think those pretty much even out. The one on the 10, though, told me the game was over.

I was forunate enough to be at the Jasper/Newton game and I must say that Newton and Jasper both played some good football. I will say this though, had it not been for a fumbled punt snap Newton would be down a game. That Jasper defense is tough. They played their hearts out and would have upset Newton had it not been for the errors. Give them credit Newton is good, but I doubt that they are a State Championship team this season.

This Silsbee team seems a little overrated. They are a good team not a great team. As is there district. Only wo-s has a good chanch at going 3 rounds into the playoffs. :roll:

All polls are filled with overrated teams. If they weren't, no one would ever move up or down. No team would ever lose to a team rated lower than them. Look at any polls that you wish be it for fun like the setxsports.com poll or professional polls such as the Associated Press polls for high school and colleges. All of them change each week. Why? Because some team (or teams) did not perform as expected and were upset. That is the nature of polls and always will be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami