What can you tell me about Bossier Parish Community College.

Bossier is basically Shreveport, La. Play in a minor league stadium that's pretty nice. Was or is home of the Shreveport Captains, I believe.

Play in Region 14 East Zone w/ Angelina, Paris, Panola, Texarkana, NorthEast Texas, Navarro,  and Lon Morris. As AJ25 noted, very strong competition in Reg. 14. South Zone is San Jac, Blinn, Alvin, Laredo, Galveston, and Wharton. Bossier usually finishes in the bottom 1/2. However, last year's team was in the hunt until the final week of conference play. From the 3 games I saw them play last year, they seemed to be very well coached. Word was that several players were dismissed late in the season for failing drug tests. The remaining players had no quit in them...as I witnessed 1st hand when they beat Angelina w/ their top pitcher on the mound. 

Not sure what options you may have, but IMO, not a bad place to play. Region 14 draws many MLB scouts and D1 recruiters.

My 2 cents.

Richland is D3 Juco, so no athletic scholarships. But if you have to go to a D3 Juco, this is the one to go to. Actually won the D3 Juco world series this year. School is cheap as dirt but you have to stay in an apartment because the school does not have dorms.

Galveston just went through a coaching change, but they finished in the middle of the pack in Region 14 South. A good place to play, plus it's college at the beach.

Richland is D3 Juco, so no athletic scholarships. But if you have to go to a D3 Juco, this is the one to go to. Actually won the D3 Juco world series this year. School is cheap as dirt but you have to stay in an apartment because the school does not have dorms.

Galveston just went through a coaching change, but they finished in the middle of the pack in Region 14 South. A good place to play, plus it's college at the beach.

Again AJ25 nails it on the head...this kid is in the know. D3 go to Richland. I do know that Galveston has a requirement that the HC must have a Master's degree....which impressed me. "College at the beach ", got to be worth something.  ;)

Guest etbu

if you junior goes to bossier tell him to stay away from bossier strip and the slot machines.  ;DGalveston coach just went to Wharton. good luck to your son bc not many get to play on the next level.

if you junior goes to bossier tell him to stay away from bossier strip and the slot machines.  ;DGalveston coach just went to Wharton. good luck to your son bc not many get to play on the next level.

I can chaperone  ;D

Kevin I don't know if I could trust you.

I can chaperone  ;D

Of course you could.  ::)

Guest etbu

I can chaperone  ;D

;D

Again AJ25 nails it on the head...this kid is in the know. D3 go to Richland. I do know that Galveston has a requirement that the HC must have a Master's degree....which impressed me. "College at the beach ", got to be worth something.  ;)

Only if its in Florida....

This IS the #2 reason I steered my son away from Galv CC as >priorities could get out of order quick...

Galveston coach just went to Wharton. 

When did this happen? I haven't heard anything about that. Both schools websites show to have the same coaches they have had for a while. Solis at Galveston and Nottebart at Wharton. Where is this information you have coming from? ??? ??? ???

Galveston coach just went to Wharton. 

When did this happen? I haven't heard anything about that. Both schools websites show to have the same coaches they have had for a while. Solis at Galveston and Nottebart at Wharton. Where is this information you have coming from? ??? ??? ???

From within the inner baseball circle.  ;)