Dayton Gets A Good One

Sounds like recruiting to me????Didn't the Cameron LaCour kid move to Dayton last year from Humble for his Senior year..Also I believe a few years back a QB from Lumberton appeared in Dayton as there starting QB...

Dayton gets less move ins than BH and Crosby.  Dayton is just a nice place to live

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we happen to lose to Friendswood again.The real deal is will the Mustangs make the playoffs in 09.I see Friendswood struggling for maybe the 4th spot as several of your dist.foes took you to the wire last year and look to be tougher this year.Angleton will be the top dog over there.

Dayton has a great football program with a top of the line coaching staff. Over the past several years numerous Broncos have gone on to play in college. Therefore, it is not surprising that players with potential want to come to Bronco country. It is really pretty simple.

And, as always, Dayton will still lose to Friendswood.   ;D

At least we don't have to go through that traffic and no parking hell again....still mad about the parking and stadium seating!!!  I might get over it with a win in D-Town this year  8)

And, as always, Dayton will still lose to Friendswood.   ;D

friendswood fan, been waiting a year for this game. going to be a different game with all of last years stars gone. i think we will still be alittle stronger  though. got too much talent here in dayton. hope to see you at bronco stadium  this season. going to be fun as usual. "GO BRONCOS" ::) ::)

Cameron Lacour dad graduated from Dayton, his mom graduated from Liberty. They said that wanted to move back three years . I've been knowing Frank a long time and he have been wanting to move back since Xavier was in the 7th grade. Dayton has never been a one trick pony team, just adding pieces to puzzle.

Dayton does not have to replace AJ and Cody.  They will have the best defense in the district and that will allow for the offense to mature a little before they get to district.  Dayton scored a lot of points before Cody and AJ and I can assure you they will score alot this season. 

Daytonites said the same thing early last year.Broncos lost alot of talent at the end of 07 and were shocked to lose 5 defensive starters before game 1 in 08-Cody green's leg injury early in 07 had some doubtful Bronco faithful wondering how he would perform after another hurricane transfer Gregory Charles stepped in at qb and led the 07 Broncos real deep in the playoffs-Answer is and still is Coach Stewart's machine building parts inventory of players.With a couple of 07 defensive starters back on the team w/the 08 state finalists returning players along w/a very talented underclass group from 08 look for 09 Dayton Broncos to be maybe one of the best teams in class 4A in this area.Success brings up the talent .Same for every team that has a successful program.At Dayton football is #1 always.

Dayton has just replaced AJ with Xavier...Xavier is bigger and faster than AJ...6'1"..195 lbs and runs a 4.4...The kid was all district as a Soph..He played in the shadow of Chance Casey for 2 years and didn't get the press cause of Chance..The kid is a better athlete than AJ..

It don't matter.. Dayton will be a solid team, but there will still be a drop off from last year..You can't replace AJ  and Cody Green......Dayton is very beatable this year in district, but yeah they got talent and should be the favorite to win it..

One great thing is your team from the hill will get a chance to come to bronco stadium and prove how beatable they are. 

It don't matter.. Dayton will be a solid team, but there will still be a drop off from last year..You can't replace AJ  and Cody Green......Dayton is very beatable this year in district, but yeah they got talent and should be the favorite to win it..

Are you serious> Very beatable? Really? WOW~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Hawkeye33

As someone from Crosby, I can say that I wish Xavier the very best, I hope that he stay's healthy and get's the needed exposure to play big time football somewhere.  I have known Xavier since he was 11, he has always been a respectable kid that will give it all he has.  He should help Dayton continue on their winning ways.  I feel bad for Merka, he is going to have a tough go without Xavier to help him.  I think Flanigan should have done a better job with getting Xavier exposure, sure should have found a way to hold on to this athlete.

Guest etbu

Ha this should jack up the bh vs Dayton game.  ???

Dayton has just replaced AJ with Xavier...Xavier is bigger and faster than AJ...6'1"..195 lbs and runs a 4.4...The kid was all district as a Soph..He played in the shadow of Chance Casey for 2 years and didn't get the press cause of Chance..The kid is a better athlete than AJ..

Well we will see about that. He will have his chance to prove it. Saying he is better than AJ is a big statement, might be putting a bullseye on him.  :o

That is really something Frank's has to do both offense and defense here at Dayton.Hope that it turns out he does better than A.J but still there hasn't been a more exciting player to watch in Broncoland that I can remember on both sides of the ball.If there is a weakness I would tend to think it would be the kicking game.What grade is that Carranco kid?

[quote author=Hawkeye33 

As someone from Crosby, I can say that I wish Xavier the very best, I hope that he stay's healthy and get's the needed exposure to play big time football somewhere.  I have known Xavier since he was 11, he has always been a respectable kid that will give it all he has.  He should help Dayton continue on their winning ways.  I feel bad for Merka, he is going to have a tough go without Xavier to help him.  I think Flanigan should have done a better job with getting Xavier exposure, sure should have found a way to hold on to this athlete.

Its not the coach who gets this kid a scholarship,its his play on the field and his work ethic,and if your from Crosby you ought to know his work ethic..Has not been to one summer workout this summer or one last year..He could get exposure by attending the college camps this summer but has chosen not to,because he has no work ethic...Is that Flanigans fault????How many times has he quit and then come back???Had to be begged to run track and finally came out halfway thru the season...This kid has more athletic talent than any kid i have seen in years and if he had any kind of work ethic he would of been a 5-star recruit this year...

Guest etbu

[quote author=Hawkeye33 

Its not the coach who gets this kid a scholarship,its his play on the field and his work ethic,and if your from Crosby you ought to know his work ethic..Has not been to one summer workout this summer or one last year..He could get exposure by attending the college camps this summer but has chosen not to,because he has no work ethic...Is that Flanigans fault????How many times has he quit and then come back???Had to be begged to run track and finally came out halfway thru the season...This kid has more athletic talent than any kid i have seen in years and if he had any kind of work ethic he would of been a 5-star recruit this year...

Bet that will not work in Dayton with Coach Stewart.

As I said Dayton will have a solid team as they usually do, but IMO there will be a drop off from last year..."aka" Cody Green, he's the guy that really made things happen... I just don't believe they'lll go thru district play without a loss. Will it be BH, Crosby, NF, King, who knows , but if they keep reading their own press clippings about how great they are, somebody will knock em off their throne....

And c'mon this is high school football, Flanigan has very little control about where a kid plays his football at. His family I'm sure had "alot" to do with tha decision.... This isn't the college or pro ranks here...

As I said Dayton will have a solid team as they usually do, but IMO there will be a drop off from last year..."aka" Cody Green, he's the guy that really made things happen... I just don't believe they'lll go thru district play without a loss. Will it be BH, Crosby, NF, King, who knows , but if they keep reading their own press clippings about how great they are, somebody will knock em off their throne....

And c'mon this is high school football, Flanigan has very little control about where a kid plays his football at. His family I'm sure had "alot" to do with tha decision.... This isn't the college or pro ranks here...

Maybe if you folks down on the Hill keep reading the clippings you may find out what a slobber knocker is this year and trust me, Dayton knows how to hand one of those out!

That says about all you need to know about Crosby and the difference in work ethic and expectations which start with the head man.  If he was allowed to do those things then why was he still in the program for 3 years?  Kids will get away with what you allow them.  He will have a clean slate in Dayton.  If he chooses to act like a Cougar he will not be around long.  If he chooses to act like a Bronco he will be a champion, learning how to work and what it takes to succeed.  It all starts at the top with the expectations and demands of the head coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami