WO-S football player Haynes is area's most recruited player

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was always going to play both ways!!

I agree. I don't think it was thought of any other way. I am just curious how Thompson was "misquoted". ;)

Thompson was saying to only place he will play on defense is at defensive backfield no other position on defense.

I agree. I don't think it was thought of any other way. I am just curious how Thompson was "misquoted". ;)

Thompson was saying to only place he will play on defense is at defensive backfield no other position on defense.

Uh, that's not what this quote says,

As a junior, he was a first-team all-District 21-3A wide receiver and second-team defensive back. He will only play in the defensive backfield this season, WO-S defensive coordinator Cornell Thompson said

Sherman is a terrible coach, and his staff is even worse. They are the most cocky coaches, and they have absolutely no room to be.

Oh really. ::)

really. I've heard way too many stories from people being recruited, with A&M being one of them.

And they've all said the same thing about them.

Uh, that's not what this quote says,

As a junior, he was a first-team all-District 21-3A wide receiver and second-team defensive back. He will only play in the defensive backfield this season, WO-S defensive coordinator Cornell Thompson said

Come on AAW!  Don't try to make nothing into something!  The reporter might not have said to Thompson...well, Haynes played this position and that position...what will he play this year?  He may have asked if Haynes will play any other position on the defense and therefore the quote...

well lets compare haynes to last years most recruited player...christine micheals yeah point proven haynes is nowhere close to the football player micheals and i wasnt knocking the kid just saying i dont see why he's the most recruited player in setx...he's more of a track guy if you ask me if haynes is setx most recruited player then the talent in setx must really be going down

Ozen your not wrong for once. thats the word with most of the colleges right now but Haynes has alot of upside but he isnt there just yet. The locals around here though cant see outside of southeast texas though and have no clue what else is out there.

Ozen your not wrong for once. thats the word with most of the colleges right now but Haynes has alot of upside but he isnt there just yet. The locals around here though cant see outside of southeast texas though and have no clue what else is out there.

Like you're the expert on recruiting in this area. ::)

ok lets clear this up now.haynes WILL BE on alot more schools list before its over and you can take that to the bank.ok now, i am not sure about what you saw in the films that you can say it was not all that good what you saw.ok now try this on for size NO ONE agan NO ONE put the ball in the air  directed  right at him,he was NEVER beat deep go look at the film you watched then come tell me who beat him deep i will brake out that film and watch with you

ok lets clear this up now.haynes WILL BE on alot more schools list before its over and you can take that to the bank.ok now, i am not sure about what you saw in the films that you can say it was not all that good what you saw.ok now try this on for size NO ONE agan NO ONE put the ball in the air  directed  right at him,he was NEVER beat deep go look at the film you watched then come tell me who beat him deep i will brake out that film and watch with you

Actually skipper, Haynes was beat a couple of times against Gilmer.

Could it be that many schools don't think that Haynes has "peaked" yet...I mean, maybe he is delayed enough that he will hit his prime in college?  Just wondering.  These guys obviously see something in him.  Maybe he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet?  I know that some kids hit it after they go to college (I had one).  With his speed and all...he keeps improving each year.  Just some thoughts.  This area is full of awesome athletic talent from several schools around here.  He has a lot to offer at the next level, being so well-rounded in athletics and academics.  That's an added plus.  And, I am in no way saying he's better or not better than any other athlete around.

I am a WOS fan through and through, but I have to agree.  I have seen this kid play for the last two years, and yes he is a good athlete, but when you are being recruited by teams like Florida, Oklahoma, etc., then to me you should be a very dominant player on the 3A level.  He only had about 20 touches last year.  I thought Franks stood out more, myself.  Haynes did show flashes, as he seemed to drop the easy passes, but pull in the miraculous ones.  He's just not there yet.  In fact, being recruited so high, one would expect you stand out to the point, that it is no doubt that you are the best athlete on the field.  I have seen many superstars play live, and no one had to tell me their number or who they were, they just stood out.  Take Beasley, Christine, Earl, Jamal, and other stars for instance.  They just seemed to be in another gear out there.  I agree that he has the potential, but he have not peaked yet.  For Florida to think that you are a great athlete is saying a whole lot for this young man.  I hope all of this publicity motivates him, and helps him get over the hump and become the dominant player that he's capable of being.  That would be great for my Mustangs. 

bigd95, i agree with you.  i am greedy. i`m only concerned with the 2009 season and what Haynes will do for WOS.  i want him to get the ball in his hands, allot.  in the Gilmer, was that Haynes who made that one hand catch near the end of the game. that was a spectacular catch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124