Largest following

Guest KHS 89

What SE Texas High School football program brings the most fans to away games?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What SE Texas High School football program brings the most fans to away games?

• Nederland
    • West Brook
    • Vidor
    • PN-G
    • PA Memorial
    • LC-M
    • Vidor
    • Central
    • Ozen
    • Lumberton
    • Dayton
    • Barbers Hill
    • Crosby
    • WO-S
    • Bridge City
    • Silsbee

OK dangit !!! I went a head and played cherokee !!! Stood up and had to clap !!! Dangit 40 days till practice and then a few more till some games !!!!  Just had to torture myself with Cherokee.  Oh great now my daughter is upstairs playing cherokee on her flute. She was a proud Purple Pride Section leader her senior year, just graduated !

With drawls, shaking, sweating, need football, need football !!!!!!

OK dangit !!! I went a head and played cherokee !!! Stood up and had to clap !!! Dangit 40 days till practice and then a few more till some games !!!!  Just had to torture myself with Cherokee.  Oh great now my daughter is upstairs playing cherokee on her flute. She was a proud Purple Pride Section leader her senior year, just graduated !

Sometimes, you just can't help it...

I just haven't felt the urge to stand up and clap for...  or even play Cherokee just yet. For some reason the Aggie War Hymn keeps dancing in my head though......

I just haven't felt the urge to stand up and clap for...  or even play Cherokee just yet. For some reason the Aggie War Hymn keeps dancing in my head though......

It's an insider thing.

PNG followed closely by Nederland. Nederland brings as many as we do for district games. We just seem to get a lot of support from the entire area for the playoffs.

A very good point. I have followed both in the playoffs.

Even though Lumberton fans only show up when we win, the last two years Lumberton's following has been just as good as PNG's and Ned's IMO..

No way, I went to the Lumberton/Nederland game last year.....that was a pretty big stakes game for district there, and I practically got to sit wherever I wanted on the Lumberton side.

Even though Lumberton fans only show up when we win, the last two years Lumberton's following has been just as good as PNG's and Ned's IMO..

In '07, Lumberton barely took up half of our visitor's stands. In '08, they barely took up three quarters of our visitor's stands. They've got a good crowd going - one that's growing and one that's better than most - but it is nowhere near the size of PN-G's or Nederland's at this time.

Obviously PNG and Nederland have great traditions and fan bases.  My hats off to you.  Lumberton may not have the numbers PNG and Big Ned have because their schools have and always have had a heckuva lot more students.  But I'll bet you practically the whole Lumberton town shows up wherever the Raiders play!  The tradition is definitely starting for L-Town.

dayton's crowd may not be a large as pn-g or nederland but is growing. dayton's got alot of support from bronco fans. they can pack their home side. that's alot of seats. i'd say the pn-g vs. dayton game in dayton was the most people i've seen in aregular season game in a very long time. love crowd support.  ;D ;D

Obviously PNG and Nederland have great traditions and fan bases.  My hats off to you.  Lumberton may not have the numbers PNG and Big Ned have because their schools have and always have had a heckuva lot more students.  But I'll bet you practically the whole Lumberton town shows up wherever the Raiders play!  The tradition is definitely starting for L-Town.

It's starting, and, providing that Lumberton has sustained success, it will grow, but for now, the fan bases of PN-G and Nederland remain the largest in the area and there's no sign of that changing in the near future.

I believe things are changing in the right direction in Lumberton. Lumberton is growing faster than any other school in our district. A couple more hurricanes and Lumberton may be 5A.A lot of people are going there because of the hurricanes.Seriously, it is good to see the support in Lumberton.

• 1 month later...

dayton's crowd may not be a large as pn-g or nederland but is growing. dayton's got alot of support from bronco fans. they can pack their home side. that's alot of seats. i'd say the pn-g vs. dayton game in dayton was the most people i've seen in aregular season game in a very long time. love crowd support.  ;D ;D

That was a whole lot of purple and white.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. They have even put signs up in Lumberton tellin the last person out turn off the lights since the whole town has been going to watch OUR boys play and support them

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami