j brown

Guest spinks

Yes.......if we could all have been to all the places you have been maybe we would have seen a few.  You think you are something special dont ya!  Sickening!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

Once again, sticking your nose where it does not belong..... ::)..Was NOT referring to you, but since YOU brought it up.....You think your beloved HJ was one of the schools that I was referring to?

Absolutely it was.  I would love to know on a public message board where my nose does not belong?  I am just waiting for your daily remorse and soon you will have another epiphany and post a long message how your never posting on these message boards again.  Hilarious!!!!!!

Guest spinks

Skeletons? yeah ok, whatever. You folks always manage to get a topic on ME....Go back and read my post...I was talking about "j brown" as the topic reads..Now you wanna make ME the topic....Typical...make me the topic when you see me...How about that? Save it for then... ;)..I thought you would not like THAT idea....typical ***** boyz.

This is the funniest thing ever.  I am literally laughing as I type this.  When are you gonna get it.  I wouldn't know you if I saw you.  If I did I wouldn't stop to talk because I am not going to ACT like I like you.  However, I think that is another threat.  OH SO WEAK!!!!!

Guest spinks

Come on.  You don't misunderstand the previous post do you?  If so you should not be teaching our youth!  You don't have to threaten me but that is what you continually attempt to do.  It is so funny that you say this is all fun and games to you but then you say......."i bet it will be different when I see them in person"...........that means it not all fun and games to you!

Guest spinks

Wish I could get back on topic.  Gotta go.  Have a 9:15 am flight to Montego Bay, Jamaica for the weekend to watch my buddy get married.  I'll miss you fellas.  Have a safe weekend and I'll drink one for everybody!

I have been looking at the UT situation very hard... J Brown a year away from the game will have stiff competition for a role on this, the deepest team that Texas has had in the modern era.  Usually Texas has no more than 7 quality players, now they are almost North Carolina deep.  The starting five is up in the air depending on Mason and Balbay... Even though, it will be hard to unseat a three year starter I think Mason may be pushed to sixth man!

Staring Line-up?

Pittman - he is lock

Johnson - he is getting better by the year

James - another lock

Avery - his scoring will push him past Mason, and he may be just as good on defense

Lucas - Better offense will push Balbay to the bench even though I think Balbay could be great if his jumper works he is so explosive!

Starting Line-up 2nd possibility!  I really don't like this line-up because it’s small AGAIN

Pittman

James - maybe he will never be a consistent small forward

Mason - because this will make him a four year starter

Avery

Lucas

Top Guards off the bench

Mason - Unless Barnes goes three starting Guards

Balbay - Back-up point guard

Ward - Was really beginning to come into his own during the tourney

Shawn Williams - 6'6" guard that plays within himself and has a great three ball

Brown - Just don't see him moving the pile above him... He has to overcome a year away from the sport and some pretty good talent

If Mac Brown Starts three guards it give Brown more of a chance to crack the line-up, but I can't help but think Jordan Hamilton and James will steal some time at the 3 and cause even fewer available minutes.  I am not saying that Balbay, Ward, or Williams are better than Brown, but those kids have not missed a year of competitive ball!

This is Just my assessment!

I have been looking at the UT situation very hard... J Brown a year away from the game will have stiff competition for a role on this, the deepest team that Texas has had in the modern era.  Usually Texas has no more than 7 quality players, now they are almost North Carolina deep.  The starting five is up in the air depending on Mason and Balbay... Even though, it will be hard to unseat a three year starter I think Mason may be pushed to sixth man!

Staring Line-up?

Pittman - he is lock

Johnson - he is getting better by the year

James - another lock

Avery - his scoring will push him past Mason, and he may be just as good on defense

Lucas - Better offense will push Balbay to the bench even though I think Balbay could be great if his jumper works he is so explosive!

Starting Line-up 2nd possibility!  I really don't like this line-up because it’s small AGAIN

Pittman

James - maybe he will never be a consistent small forward

Mason - because this will make him a four year starter

Avery

Lucas

Top Guards off the bench

Mason - Unless Barnes goes three starting Guards

Balbay - Back-up point guard

Ward - Was really beginning to come into his own during the tourney

Shawn Williams - 6'6" guard that plays within himself and has a great three ball

Brown - Just don't see him moving the pile above him... He has to overcome a year away from the sport and some pretty good talent

If Mac Brown Starts three guards it give Brown more of a chance to crack the line-up, but I can't help but think Jordan Hamilton and James will steal some time at the 3 and cause even fewer available minutes.  I am not saying that Balbay, Ward, or Williams are better than Brown, but those kids have not missed a year of competitive ball!

This is Just my assessment!

Finally back on track ;D ;D Good assessment shortteaxs1, I agree,the only way he will see playing time this season is if coach Barnes goes to a three guard line-up.

But he hasn't  been playing anything close to the type of level that is D 1 basketball.

not the entire time he has been out but we know stevie not just letting him sit around and not do anything or play with people he can just kill on the court. I have played with him and against himn and he is on his game and saw him play against pro competition( nba and overseas players). He held his own pretty well

Just like you had this crazy feeling he was enrolled in Summer II???  We will see if he magically regains eligibility for the Fall semester.  I hope he does because I think he has the ability to help this year, even with all of that talent ahead of him. 

BTW, that was a good preview Shorttexas.  Only thing I disagree with is I think Jordan Hamilton will play a bigger role than what your preview suggests.  He's tall and athletic with a natural scoring ability.  Can't wait for them to get the season going.

Thanks Aces... Actually my assesment only previewed the guards because we were talking about J Brown.  Notice I did not get into forwards!!! Forwards are actually my final reason why Brown might be fighting for playing time... I think James and Hamilton spend alot of time at small forward or 3 which forces UT to play two guards line-up.  I know Hamilton is good and a better scorer than James but his handle has the same problems that Jame's current handle has.  I think he has a better chance to improve it though!!!  Plus he is not as aggressive and athletic as James under the boards... So he WILL play alot of small forwrd!

Currently I am stuck believeing somehow Avery will start... So I don't see Hamilton starting...

Pittman

James

Hamilton

Avery

Lucas

This is just not as strong as...

Pittman

Johnson

James

Avery

Lucas

With a KILLER bench that will feature

Chapman, Hill

Wangmene

Hamilton

Mason, Ward, Williams, Brown

Balbay

Would outright win the Southland... I know that Williams is 6'6" but he is a guard!!!