USA vs Egypt (USA Advances to next round!!!)

normally i wouldn't take much pride in the fact that we advanced with a 1-2 record, but i honestly believe had we not been hosed by a weak red card against italy, we would've at least gotten a draw, if not a win, and goal differential would not have mattered.

Have yall seen this quote from Michael Bradley!

"All the f------ experts in America, everybody who thinks they know about soccer, they can all look at the score tonight and let's see what they have to say now. Nobody has any respect for what we do, for what goes on on the inside, so let them all talk now."

At first I thought, "I really like his fire."  But then, I started to get really annoyed.

First of all, Mikey, get off of the message boards.  Because you're absolutey correct.  The blogoshpere is loaded with idoits who post negative garbage just get a reaction or to get hits on their site.  Ignore it.  You're always going to have critics.  There are three things every man thinks he can do better than every other man: 

1. Coach.

2. Grill.

3...This is a PG site so I won't go there. 

If I let the small percentage of moronic parents who blast me in the community get to me, I'd be a miserable man.

Next, I know you're trying to take up for your Daddy on Father's Day and all, but what the hey-yall is RoboBob doing?!  (See.  I'm being That Guy referenced in the earlier paragraph.)  Please justify any of the following:

1.  Beasley.  From now on, the only time I want to see DMB discussed with the US team is if the Dave Mathews Band is doing some kind of concert in conjunction with a game.  The guy is out of form because he can't get minutes with his club.  He has the touch of a new born girraffe.  No confidence.  He would find it very difficult to get time for the Houston friggin Dynamo, yet Bob thinks he should start against Brazil and get 20 minutes against Italy!

2.  Connor Casey is a rocked up hustle-monkey.  That's it.  He's not a "hold-up" forward as evidenced by him dribbling the ball out of bounds Sunday!  Hustle is good for the MLS, but we're not playing San Jose, Bob.  We're not facing defenses with kids who just graduated from Chico St., Bob.

3.  Why no Adu or Torres?  Don't give me this rubbish 

This is the hidden content, please
by saying that Adu needs to get minutes.  If that was truly the reason why he's not playing, then justify Beasley, Feilhaber, Guzan, and Jozy.  And what did Torres do to make you mad?  Is he related to Kenny Cooper or something?  Ask anyone who knows a little about soccer what the US lacks, and they'll tell you CREATIVITY.  Ask anyone to give you three adjectives to describe Torres (or Adu for that matter) and CREATIVE will be one of them.

4.  Bob.  You get 3 substitutions per game.  You don't get to carry any unused subs to the next game like Rollover Minutes with AT&T.  So when the other other team is POUNDING your goal, you've got tired legs on the field, and you want to chew up some clock while deflating the momentum of the other team... for the love of Cobi Jones!  Use your last sub!  Against Egypt you obviously went into Bunker Mode after the 3rd goal with the midfield since none of them ventured very much upfield in the waning minutes of the game.  Get Dempsey's loafing tail on the sideline.  We all know what he's going to do at the end of each game.  He's going to do some stupid move like he's auditioning for So You Think Tou Can Dance. Lose the ball. Fall down with a look of disbelief. And shuffle back into the run of play...eventually.  He's tired!  We know it.  The announcers know it.

5.  Back to you, Lil Bradley.  Don't give me this, "Look at me now!" bull puckey. (That's right.  I went there.)  You need to do a little reasearch on the term "sample size."  I can't go high triple digits through 18 holes and then say, "But did you see that par on 16!  I AM a good golfer!!!" Or did you forget Costa Rica. Needing a PK and yet another goal from a corner to beat Honduras at home. Giving up 3 unaswered goals to Italy. The debacle against Brazil.  And that's just the last TWO AND A HALF WEEKS!!!

6. I ain't done with you Michael.  Beat someone you shouldn't, and then thump your chest all you want!  Egypt is currently ranked 40th while we're in the teens.  Also, Egypt's top two strikers were hurt.  Their next two got injured during the game.  ANNNND Some of their players were a little "distracted" over the weekend

This is the hidden content, please
and may currently be bachelors again as a result.

The next two games are going to be very difficult ones - Spain and then either Brazil or South Africa in the Champioship or 3rd Place game.  Give 'em hell. We'll support you - win or lose.  Just don't be surprised if we make loud noises if you put in sub-par EFFORTS or crazy coaching decisions.  If you can't take it, then quit getting paid to play soccer, find a cubicle, push a pencil from 9 to 5, and shut up.

Wow, let em have it.  I agree with much of what you said, especially about Torres.  He was one of the few bright spots against Costa Rica, what did he do to get in the dog house.  He is one of the few Americans with any technical flare.  So much of our team is just power, athleticism and speed.  You have to be able to do something with the ball at your feet.  Also, Egypt completely out possessed us, hold the ball for long periods in the midfield.  If they would of finished just one of their chances, Bradley and crew would be on their way home.  However, it was nice to see us win on and not embarrass ourselves, even if it was with a lot of luck.

Great post Bon, but next time tell us how you really feel!  I am definately not a Bob Bradley fan, you can tell from all my posts, but i agree with not taking players who are in the rhythm of the game out in the final minutes.  I do think he should have left Jozy in and took Dempsey out however.  And i totally agree with the Casey comment.  What the heck did he do in the last game to make you think he was the right sub for the occasion?!  

I cant say too much negative about pops right now bc, at the end of the day, his team is still playing, but lil Bradley's comments are indeed a result of overemotions.  I cant say that i dislike it, because America needs some kind of spark if they're going to make it past Spain!  I just hope they can back it up!  

What a bitter sweet moment it was for me when Clint netted that goal.  Like i've said before, the guy only shows up late in games, unless you're looking for someone to foolishly give the ball away for a counterattack.  He has an embarrassing work rate, especially if you compare his to Landon's.  I have also been waiting to see Torres and Adu.  And No Beasley = WIN.

Cant believe I'm saying this, but if we dont give up an early goal to Spain, It could be close!  Bob just needs to bring Dempsey in in the last 20mins as a forward and keep Beasley on the bench!

Hey Bon, can Bradley talk now, or does the red card exclude his opinion?

The red card was bogus, first of all.  Almost a reputation call like Ron Artest get Techs.  Isn't ironic that the Center was the same guy who did our game against Italy in '06 and sent Pablo off for something similar.

As far as the 'told you so' attitude?  He can talk now, but eventually you gotta ask, "Where was this fire in Costa Rica?"  That was a legitimate game.  A qualifier!  This tournament is dress rehearsal. 

And don't forget that we were one B.S. handball PK away from not advancing since Goals For pushed us ahead of Italy.

And RoboBob had a good game plan for the most part. I almost cried a tear of joy when I saw that Boca was going to start at Left Back.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder